• Master’s in Computer Science with majors in Databases and Software Engineering.
• Experience in Java/J2EE application development, Object Oriented Programming and Design Patterns.
• Well versed with J2EE technologies (JSPs, Servlets, EJB, Struts and Hibernate).
• Familiar with SDLC phases and Agile Methodologies.
• Good knowledge of database concepts with Oracle 10g and MySQL 5.0.
Master of Science in Computer Science (GPA: 3.75/4.0) Aug ’07 – May ‘09
University of Texas at Arlington
Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science Sept ’02 – Jun ’06
• Programming Languages: Java, C, C++, SQL
• Java/J2EE Technologies: JDBC, JUnit, JSP, Servlets, Struts 1.1.x,1.3.x, Hibernate
• Package: Eclipse, MS Office, Dreamweaver, NetBeans, ZendStudio, MS FrontPage
• Databases : MySQL 5.0, Oracle 10g, MS Access
Graduate Research Assistant Electronic Research Administration, UT Arlington Sept’08 – May’09
Position related to Web development and maintenance work for the UTA websites. Work involved building access methods to Research Profile System API services using PHP and AJAX.
• RPS API successfully tested using PHPUnit.
• Designing and maintaining web pages.
• Debugging and fixing bugs in the code.
• Using stored procedures for the API system.
Associate Software Engineer, PLA Electro Appliances, India Aug’06 – July’07
Developed a web based application Electro Product Selection. Architected web-based system using struts and hibernate to support the application. The project used database to pull information on the electrical products.
• Developed dynamic web pages using JSP tags to invoke Servlets.
• Created Struts mapping, action classes and action forms.
• Integrating Struts framework and using Validation framework.
• Created Hibernate mapping and configuration.
• Designed and normalized databases.
• Written queries to perform database operations in SQL and to generate database reports.
• Prepared documentation for the developed application.
• Consistency of distributed databases: Implemented replicated database servers using Java RMI ensuring consistency among the database servers. Coordination between the database servers and propagation of updates managed by a Status Server.
• Car Rental Database: Designed EER schema diagram, mapped EER schema diagram into relational database schema using oracle client. Queries implemented in Java with JDBC to create and update records.
• Bookstore Web Application: Goal was to learn server side programming with database connectivity using PHP and MySQL. Application designed to search books by author's name, display selected books and calculate total price for the book selection.
• Concurrency Control in Databases: Simulated No Undo/Redo protocol using classes and arrays of objects in Java.
• J2EE technologies: Studied and implemented stand alone applications using EJB and Hibernate ORM framework. Implemented these applications to gain an understanding of work flow and overall functioning.
• XML: Projects based on XML Validation, XML parsing using SAX and DOM, XML Transformation using XSLT and storing XML document in relational databases using JDBC.
• Communication with web server: Spell checking by communicating with web server using XML embedded in SOAP request.
• Online Dictionary: Goal was to learn client side programming using AJAX. Interaction between web page and Dictionary Service done asynchronously using XMLHttpRequest object.
AWARDS AND ACTIVITIES
• Awarded Q-Invest Scholarship for Master's Program in Computer Science at UTA.
• Represented the undergrad college in soccer and table tennis tournaments.
• Good communication skills, actively involved in group discussions.