Ms. Banu Devraj
Talented QA Analyst with Business Analyst skills with over 20 years of solid experience in Healthcare, Retail, Government and Insurance industries.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Expert in business process engineering and software development life cycle (SDLC), including gathering Business Requirements, coordinating project planning, analysis, design, development, testing and implementation of software applications – MMIS Claims processing system (ACS, Xerox ), DHR/DFACS SUCCESS & STARS Child Support Enforcement (State of GA), Billing and Credit card processing System (FSG/Macy’s), Medicaid/Medicare Claims processing (BC/BS).
- Lead Business Analyst with solid experience in Multiple Web based applications and mainframe applications using relational DBMS in large complex application systems in Health Care industry, Retail and Government agency.
- Experience in working closely with subject matter experts thru JAD sessions, gathering accurate application requirements and create understandable functional and technical specifications including process flow using Visio and MS office.
- Experience in creating/reviewing/maintaining test plans and test scripts for complex multi-program applications and ensure that department goals, procedure, standardized templates and tools, quality control measures were being followed during all phases of the product development life cycle. Adept at reducing development costs and providing traceability of projects.
- Experience in unit testing and data analysis, creating data conversion requirements and worked with DBA group in creating data dictionary. Familiar with current industry standards, such as HIPAA 5010 compliance for all claim types using forms UB04, CMS1500 and EDI 837 transactions. Strong experience in using Rational Tools(ReqPro to maintain Use cases) and to track and report defects (Clear Quest). Experience in tracking project status using MS Project/MS office tools and RMS (Request Tracking System/Sharepoint) and preparing status report, Dashboard reports, KPI (Key Performance Reports) for management. Worked with developers on development and code formatting, plus utilized SQL queries on DB2 and Oracle databases. Experience in running reports including adhoc reports using COGNOS including defining report requirements and QA testing. Experience in using nested SQL queries to joint tables to gather test data and to validate test results.
- Aggressive worker and consistently met the target date with customer satisfaction. Recognized as Employee of the Month and received rewards and appreciation letter by Georgia First Lady Mrs. Purdue for Quality assurance work on “Summer Teen Work“ .Net web project.
- Self-motivated, Detail-oriented, team player, highly committed to assigned responsibilities, handles multiple tasks with excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills. Excellent communication, analytical, interpersonal, and presentation skills; expert at managing multiple projects simultaneously.
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Databases: Oracle, SQL server, MS Access, SQL, DB2, Datacom
GUI/Tools: MS Project, Visio, Access, Word, Excel, COGNOS, Sharepoint; DB2 Monitoring Tool TMON, MS Sharepoint, SitTrackWise, ReqPro, IBM uitilities.
Industry Standards: HIPAA, SOX, CFR 21 Part 11, CFR 21 Part 820, ISO, Six Sigma, CMM
Platforms: Windows NT/2000/XP, MSDOS, Mainframe
Defect Tracking: Test Director 6.x/7.x/8.x, IBM Rational Tools (Clear Quest).
Testing Tools: WinRunner, LoadRunner, Quick Test Pro (QTP), Automated stress testing tool – PAESSLER, IBM Rational Tools ( Manual Tester- RMT).
ACS (Affiliated Computer Services) A Xerox Company, Atlanta, GA
Sep 2006 – Present
As a System Analyst, I am an active team member of Enterprise WEB project team for MMIS application development process (Java and Oracle Database) focused on claim process – Claim Entry/Claim Edit Claim Validation functions (including in house adjudication process and third party Bloodhound ConVergence Point Real-Time adjudication process to refine the claims edit) and Claim Correction/Caim Adjustments for Institutional claims (UB04), Medical (CMS1500) and Dental claims using EDI transactions (837 and other transactions) within HIPAA 5010 compliance. Performed functional requirements gathering, prepared and updated Business Process Requirements (BPR) and Software System Requirements (SSR). Created DSD (Detail System documents) using MS Word, Excel and Visio and participated in elaborating the requirements to Development team and DBA technical team. Created Use Cases, UIS, Business Rules, System parameters, Exceptions/Error messages, CR’s and uploaded into IBM Rational tool ReqPro. Created test scripts in Sharepoint and created test cases in RMT and tracked defects in Clear Quest. Participated JAD sessions with developers to review Unit test results. Performed QA including functional testing, System testing and End to End testing for WEB claims (Provider Users), Paper claims (Internal Users), and EDI claims (using WinASAP tool). Participated in Claim validation third party (Bloodhound ConVergence Point) edit testing using test environment/Sandbox application.
Ensured all artifacts are compiled with corporate SDLC Policies and guidelines. Prioritized outstanding defects and system problems, ensuring accuracy and deadlines were met.
Performed GAP analysis of business rules, business and system process flows, user administration, and requirements in comply with MMIS/CMS rules and policies. Updated System Change Request (SCR) forms for Product Data Management (PDM).
Traced test cases and functional specifications to SSRs and BPRs using Rational tool RequisitePro.
Experience in running reports using COGNOS including QA tasks on developing new COGNOS reports.
Created use case documents; business process models, use case diagrams, activity diagrams, and state chart diagrams using Visio.
Conducted Joint Application Development (JAD) sessions with stakeholders throughout SDLC to resolve open issues.
Also participated in designing test plan and creating test cases and testscripts using IBM Rational tools.
Coordinated work plans between project manager and client using MS Project.
Created documentation for QA training.
State of Georgia, Atlanta, Georgia
July 1997 – August 2006
Business/Systems Analyst Consultant for Georgia State government - DHR/DFACS. Assignment involved Y2K conversion of Medicaid application and Web-based conversion of Child Support system.
Utilizing COBOL, CICS and DB2, was responsible for analysis, created functional requirements, testing, and programming support for Y2K changes on DFACS applications. Provided assistance in creating data dictionary for DFACS Medicaid SUCCESS application.
Served as Lead Business Analyst and subject matter expert for DHR Child Support Services division supporting 100 offices statewide, responsible for major conversion project rewriting of legacy front end application to Web based (Visual Basic/.Net, DB2) application (STARS).
Worked closely with DHR/DFACS customers, gathered business requirements (RFP), analyzed and documented current process flow using MS office tools and Visio and interpreted into accurate and easily understandable functional and technical specifications (SRS). Performed GAP and Risk analysis of DFACS legacy system Child Support Enforcement (CSE) into .net and DB2 application. Done GAP Analysis is through data analysis (Turns data into information). By gathering data structure way and analyze how that links all of the other pieces together and to figure out what needs to happen to improve the current state.
Responsible for developing, reviewing and executing test plans and test cases from project requirements. Participated in JAD sessions and ensure the content of test plan is accurate, understood and easily followed by other quality team members. Identify defects from tested results and maintain various environmental changes involved with operating system, software upgrades, migrations, database upgrades and hardware changes. Create and maintain user manual and training manuals including tracking/documenting error/resolution details for future references by testing team. Work with management, review workload and establish priorities to help make the project completion within the scope of planned time and cost. Support, ensure and work closely with project teams that the department goals, procedure, standardized templates and tools, quality control measures were being followed during all phases of the product development life cycle. Worked in team environments and coordinated implementation process with Release management. Responsible for major rewrite conversion of web Visual Basic application, six major releases and many production maintenance fixes on Visual Basic, C# .Net applications. Performed Unit testing, trained QA team and coordinated/conducted QA/UAT and resolved critical issues and met the project target date for statewide implementation of STARS rewrite project. Responsible for monitoring STARS application AWE serves performance using server monitoring tools Site-scope, MOM and for database performance using DB2 TMON and ensure that application is performing at their agreed service level and obtain quick resolution by working closely with system support. Also provided application support to end users on day-to-day application issues and written SQL query for analysis or for data correction. Performed web application code deployment and provided pre and post implementation support as needed. Reviewed new Technologies provided business aspects of advice in improving application performance using SQL tuning and Stored Procedures. Received customer satisfaction appreciation letter from Georgia First Lady Mrs. Purdue for Quality assurance work on ‘Summer Teen work’ WEB Project.
Federated Systems Group, Atlanta, Georgia
May 1989 – June 1997
As a senior Programmer Analyst, was responsible for GAP analysis, testing, documentation and development support to major conversion project unifying Billing and Credit Card processing applications for all Federated Department stores using COBOL, CICS, Datacom, GDG and IBM utilities. In addition, participated in Data analysis and assisted DBA in creating Data/Columns in RDBMS.
- Worked close with customers in gathering requirements for credit card billing system, defining field validation requirements for accounts receivable system.
- Gap analysis done on 10 Federated retail divisions to unify credit card processing using CICS and DB2, Datacom.
- Defined Check Register report process requirements for accounts payable sub system and created test data for QA and performed Functional test & System test.
- Created Adjustment process requirements and documented QA testing requirements and participated in QA test.
- Worked close with DBA team during data conversion of old billing data to RDBMS.
Blue Cross & Blue Shield, Charleston, West Virginia
May 1975 – June 1986
Senior Programmer Analyst in a project involved in converting RPG programs to CICS using DB2, VSAM and IBM Utilities. Began my career at Blue Cross as a computer operator and progressed to Programmer analyst in IT Claims processing department for a period of 11 years. Independently converted over 100 RPG programs to COBOL/CICS using DB2, VSAM, Easytrieve, GDG and IBM utilities. As a lead Programmer Analyst installed Interstate Claims Processing Interface software (COBOL/CICS)for BC & BS of and responsible for analysis, coding, creating test scripts/test data, Unit test, assisted QA/UAT test and documentation. Active team member of production on-call support, provided application support to Medicare billing application.
BS University of Madras, India
MS Information Technology
Personal/Team building skills and Management skill courses.
QA/Data Base/Data Management courses.
Health Information Technology courses.