Baltimore, MD 21237
To obtain a challenging and rewarding position as a CMP Process Development Engineer, where I can fully utilize my knowledge and experience.
• Prominent bottom-line contributor with experience in both Manufacturing and Research & Development environments.
• Consistent success in generating quality, efficiency and productivity improvements in the Manufacturing industries.
• SAN JOSE STATE UNIVERSITY, San Jose, California.
* Bachelor of Science in Industrial Technology with concentration in Energy,
Power, and Transportation, 1992 (graduated with distinctions).
* Bachelor of Science in Industrial Technology with concentration in Quality
Assurance, 1992 (graduated with distinctions).
• COMMUNITY COLLEGE OF BALTIMORE COUNTY (CCBC, Essex) Present
PROCESS / APPLICATIONS ENGINEER 2008-2009
Joined MARYLAND BRUSH COMPANY (MBC) (MD) as a Process / Applications Engineer. Responsibilities included:
• Provided engineering and technical support to field sales, production, and management regarding the application of MBC products and in pre-sale and post-sale roles.
• Participated in the development of engineering tools and processes for the manufacture of MBC products.
• Participated in the control and improvement of products and processes through the development of standards and procedures.
SENIOR CMP PROCESS DEVELOPMENT / APPLICATIONS ENGINEER 2001-2005
Joined DUPONT / EKC Technologies (CA) as a Senior CMP (Chemical Mechanical Planarization) Process Development/Applications Engineer for the manufacturing of high-tech silicon wafers. Responsibilities included providing technical supports/slurry demos for CMP slurry evaluations at different customers’ sites, assisting in-house chemists in slurry formulation, and developing new CMP processes on different tool platforms.
• Successfully qualified the tungsten CMP slurries at major semiconductor customers in Austin, Texas.
• Successfully generated major sale accounts with new semiconductor customers in Arizona, California, and Texas.
• Provided technical supports/demos for Tungsten CMP slurry evaluations and qualifications at other major customers’ sites throughout the United States.
• Successfully developed CMP processes on IPEC 472 polisher and AMAT (Applied Materials) Mirra/Mesa polisher to use with DuPont/EKC’s Tungsten CMP slurries.
• Successfully demonstrated “super-user” knowledge and trained engineers and operators at customer sites on how to use chemicals and modify processes.
• Worked closely with in-house chemists to formulate new generations of Tungsten CMP slurries and performed internal experiments to test and optimize slurry performance.
SENIOR STAFF RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER 1996-2001
Joined Maxtor / MMC Technology / Hyundai Electronics of America (CA) as a Staff Process Development Engineer in the Research & Development group. Responsibilities included designing and developing Data Zone Texture (DZT) and Landing Zone Texture (LZT) processes on nickel-aluminum and alternative substrates such as glass/ceramic for the manufacturing of industry leading computer hard drives / magnetic media.
• Successfully developed and qualified numerous industry leading magnetic recording media products and transferred to manufacturing engineering teams for mass production.
• Successfully developed the DZT process, which met the < 0.27 u” glide avalanche.
• Successfully developed and implemented the “Synchronized” Data Zone Texturing (DZT) processes, which maximized process throughputs and minimized manufacturing costs.
• Successfully developed the circumferential polishing-texturing process, which substantially reduced substrate surface roughness from 22A to less than 4A.
• Participated in continuous improvement team that actively seeks to improve quality and reduce costs in the manufacturing processes.
• Successfully trained manufacturing staff on newly developed processes before transferring them from R&D to manufacturing for mass productions.
SENIOR PROCESS DEVELOPMENT / MANUFACTURING ENGINEER 1992-1996
Joined SEAGATE MAGNETICS / CONNER PERIPHERALS (CA) as a Process Development Engineer in the New Product Development/Pilot group. Responsibilities included developing, modifying, and sustaining Data Zone Texture (DZT) processes on nickel-aluminum substrates for the manufacturing of industry leading computer hard drives / magnetic media.
• Successfully developed, qualified numerous new products, and transferred them to manufacturing.
• Successfully developed the low-cost DZT process, which saved the company several hundred - thousand dollars/year.
• Participated in the Continuous Improvement Team that actively seeks to improve quality and reduce costs in the manufacturing processes.
• Successfully trained manufacturing staff on newly developed processes before transferring them from the New Product Development group to manufacturing for mass productions.
SKILLS *Knowledgeable of six-sigma lean manufacturing approach.
*Extensive internal and external customer interaction experience.
*California licensed and certified automotive technician.
*Familiar with ISO 9000 Quality Management System, Tencor P12,
TMS2000, MP2000, EDC 1800, AFM, Wyko, IPEC 472 polisher, AMAT Mirra
polisher, Auriga C polisher, 4-point probe, PROMETRIX OMNI MAP RS55/tc, Tencor.
*Maryland Certified Nursing Assistance (CNA licensed).
PERSONAL US citizen, bilingual, quick learning, hard working, and a team member.
REFERENCES Will be available upon request.