CRAIG R. DAVIDSON
Shelby Twp., Michigan 48315
A quality or manufacturing engineering position where my experience, ingenuity and enthusiam will be utilized to develop cost effective solutions to engineering problems and improve the efficiency of a company's manufacturing effort.
Extensive mechanical engineering experience in the automotive and defense industries. Areas of expertise include Quality, BIW, full vehicle, cost estimating, design, processing, machines,
tooling, labor, and assembly. Familiar with PC applications and software including MS Powerpoint, Excel, Project, Word, Lotus Notes and AutoCAD. Possess a Tool and Die Maker Journeyman Card.
CAPARO VEHICLE COMPONENTS Novi, MI 3/12-4/12
Quality Engineer Contracted by EHD
• Lead problem-solving activities and improve quality issues of welding and metal stampings.
JCI(Johnson Controls Inc.) Detroit, MI 2/11-4/11
Quality Engineer Contracted by QES
* Provided production product launch support for 2012 Ford Focus front and rear seating systems.
ACH(Ford) Dearborn, MI 9/06-11/08
Supplier Development Engineer (SDE) Contracted by RGBSI
* Improved Supplier manufacturing performance and quality metrics by resolving issues to Ford.
FAURECIA Fraser, MI 3/06-6/06
Chrysler(DCX) Sterling Heights Assembly Plant
* Product launch consultant for ’07 Daimler Chrysler Sebring pilot build quality/validation process.
GENERAL MOTORS POWERTRAIN/QUALITY Pontiac, MI 12/04-7/05
Tool Move Coordinator Contracted by AILS Corp.
GM Engine & Transmission Plants
* Coordinated Supplier request to relocate components, equipment, tools, or facilities.
ASC Vehicle Technologies Oak Park, MI 1/03-12/04
Supplier Quality Engineer(SQE) Contracted by AILS Corp.
* Coordinated Supplier PPAP activities for module sub-assembly of Hardtop Interior Trim,
BIW Sheet Metal Structure, and Warranty of General Motors GMT368 Chevy SSR Truck program.
U.S.MANUFACTURING CORPORATION Warren, MI 9/02-12/02
Quality Engineer Contracted by Benchmark Technologies
• APQP PPAP activities for (130) new business quality systems and supplier development in-house
Axle, Steering, and Differential Assemblies, previously manufactured by Dana Corporation for equipment, machining, and welding supplied to global Automotive Manufactures.
GENERAL MOTORS POWERTRAIN/PURCHASING Pontiac, MI 7/01-7/02
Supplier Quality Engineer(SQE) Contracted by Aerotek,Inc.
GM Engine & Transmission Plant and Supplier Quality Engineer(SQE)
* Serve as voice of the GM Plants and interface with numerous material and machining suppliers.
* Experienced with PPAP, APQP, QS9000, 8D, PTR, PFMEA, Process Flow Diagrams, Control Plans, Capability Studies, and Dimensional Results.
* Analyze plant PRR’s and Supplier problems to identify risks, determine root cause, develop, implement, coordinate and verify corrective action and resolution of non-conformability.
GENERAL MOTORS TRUCK GROUP Troy Tech Park North(TTP-N) Troy, MI 7/00-5/01
Validation Engineer Contracted by Aerotek,Inc.
Analysis Dev. Validation(ADV) group for GMT H2 Hummer Project.
* Created control plans to confirm through analysis, demonstrations, inspections, and tests that
a component, subsystem, and vehicle meet necessary requirements.
* Interacted with Suppliers in determining procedures and methods to use in performing and certifying DVP&R test results and Identified capabilities, risks and alternative test methods.
CRAIG R. DAVIDSON
GENERAL MOTORS TRUCK GROUP Truck Product Central-Validation(TPC-V) Pontiac, MI 1/99-7/00
Validation Engineer Contracted by R.C.Eng. Inc.
Product Eng.Integration(PEI)group for the GMT360 Truck project.
* Analyzed BIW assembly system, product design, build sequence operations, tools, equipment, process capability, dimensional control, risk assessment, and delivery of quality vehicles.
* Identify BIW build concerns, root cause, resolution of process issues and implement corrective
action during pre-production phase and drive lessons learned into new product development.
J. S. McNAMARA CO. INC./GRAND DESIGN Troy, MI 7/97-12/98
* Created concept ideas, sketches, and functional system process for General Motors Truck GMT 355/345,560,800, and 805/360 flex projects pertaining to auto body assembly(BIW).
* Created process flows, welding information, established dimensional strategy, cycle time forstations, fixtures, robots, operators, conducted PFMEA's, DFEMA's, and interacted with Deneb
robotic simulation and design.
KOLTANBAR ENGINEERING COMPANY Troy, MI 8/96-7/97
* Coordinated manufacturing process on sheet metal assembly (BIW) build of General Motors
Corporation GMT-360 Sport Utility Truck project.
* Determined manufacturing and assembly operation specifying layout, process flow, part transfer, machinery, tooling, weld robots and fixturing for vehicle body structure.
* Developed project plans, process integration, objectives, manpower and machine timing.
* Ensured design, dimensional management, GD&T, datum and locating schemes.
GENERAL DYNAMICS LAND SYSTEMS, INC. Warren, MI 7/73-8/96
(ACQUIRED CHRYSLER DEFENSE SYSTEMS - 1982)
Manufacturing Process Engineer 9/78-8/96
* Developed manufacturing, CNC machining, and assembly processes.
* Improved efficiency through a cost-oriented knowledge of manufacturing techniques.
* Initiated problem solving ability through Statistical Process Control(SPC).
* Utilized Taguchi Design of Experiments (DOE)techniques.
Industrial Engineer 7/73-9/78
* Knowledgeable in processes and manufacturing methods pertaining to castings, forgings,
machining, stampings, welding, roll forming, heat treatments, component assembly, plating,
painting and final assembly.
* Successfully developed prototype manufacturing procedures and cost data for a
production build contract to produce military vehicles.
• Analyzed work flow and conducted time studies, developed method improvements and new
technology, contributing to optimizing productivity by identifying potential cost reductions.
WEBASTO SUNROOFS INC. - MAGNA INTERNATIONAL Rochester Hills, MI 4/94-10/94
* Established product labor, material and tooling cost quotations for OEM supplier of all
* Responsible for manufacturing process, equipment, capacities, production standards,
facilities, purchasing and product design for manufacturing in a team environment.
TERNES STEEL DIVISION - EVANS PRODUCTS COMPANY Roseville, MI 1/71-7/73
* Developed and implemented new manufacturing techniques and processes.
* Determined product selection, pricing and statistical data.
SNYDER CORP. Detroit, MI 1/67-12/70
• Performed close tolerance machining with heavy emphasis in precision automated metal
cutting special machine tool building.
CRAIG R. DAVIDSON
EDUCATION, TRAINING, and TECHNICAL CERTIFICATIONS
General Motors University
Product Vision & Mock Up Analysis
Variation Drivers Product Process(VDP24)
Reliability and Maintainability
Statistical Process Control(SPC)
Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing(GD&T)
Ford Motor Company
Team Oriented Problem Solving(8D)
Macomb Community College
Cass Apprentice School
Drafting, Math and Science
Effective Speaking and Human Relations
Kearney & Trecker Corporation
CNC Manual Part Programming
United States Marine Corps