MYRA A. BARNETT
To obtain an administrative position that will benefit from my initiatives, capabilities and contributions. I am especially interested in a position with the potential for advancement and increased opportunities to develop new skills.
Alabama State University (online) BA; Mass Communications
The Coca-Cola Company Customer Communications Specialist
Mar. 2009 - Current
• Acts as the first point of contact responsible for the accurate resolution of consumer and retailer inquiries and requests via phone, email, or other access channels.
• Handles an average of 80 inbound calls daily.
• Understands scope of services and escalates items to Priorities 1-3 as defined.
• Investigates requests which cannot be resolved by analyzing the nature of the request and routing to appropriate Priorities 1 support.
• Logs all calls on the Siebel system. Updates other systems as needed.
• Provides the most effective and efficient handling of customer calls while abiding by strict quality guidelines set by upper management.
• Ensures quality customer experience by communicating empathy to de-escalate difficult situations.
• Handles all incoming correspondences to the company and responds accordingly.
• Uses excellent verbal communication including proper grammar, tone, and a clear speaking voice to ensure solid communication with the customer via
• Demonstrates excellent written communication skills including proper grammar and correct sentence structure to document cases.
• Effectively uses 6 or more systems simultaneously.
• Handles urgent and sensitive documents that requires employee signature to acknowledge receipt.
• Responds to business proposals, idea submissions, product inquires, etc. via physical correspondence and email
The Sertec Corporation Customer Care Analyst
Apr. 2008 - May. 2009
• Intake and document in real time customer calls in reference to visits to national restaurant and retail establishments.
• Create and detail accurate incident reports, forwarding the reports to the appropriate levels of upper management.
• Issue compensation (when applicable).
• In-take, with highest level of professionalism, a minimum of 100 in-bound calls.
• Adhere to stringent productivity levels in regards to report numbers, call quality, accuracy, call availability etc.
• Accurately detail category tally to assist upper management with an over-view of customer concerns, complaints and compliments.
AEGON Insurance(temporary) Customer Service Agent
Sept. 2007- Apr. 2008
• Provided assistance to customers account holders and internal departments with information pertaining to customers credit/ life disability gap and dept insurance.
• Processed new and cancelled insurance certificates per customer or account request.
• Updated and explained account statements to clients via phone.
• Inbound Call-center environment
• Issued refund amounts for accounts paid off early.
• Assisted car dealerships banks and credit union with information regarding their customers’ credit/life insurance.
A Plus Hospitality Administrative Support/ Human Resources Assistant
Sept. 2005- August 2007
• Assisted clients and employees via office or multi-line phone.
• Maintained and updated all employee, office and client records
• Handled and maintained general office needs.
• Prepare orientation packets
• Process New Hire Packets
• Arranged meetings and scheduled appointments.
• Assist during interviewing procedures
• Prepared and maintained all data/spreadsheets for administrative department
• Recruited new clients to provide quality staffing services.
• Handled all client complaints and submitted the complaints to the appropriate personnel.
• Provided follow-ups to clients to ensure client satisfaction
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS______________________________________________________
• 50 wpm
• MS Word
• MS Outlook
• IBM Mainframe
• Lotus Notes
• MAS 200
• HIDA Advanced Customer Service
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Interpersonal customer skills/ Strong sales and customer service