Steven Fawver Phone # 505-***-****
Belen, New Mexico 87002 E-Mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Degreed, results oriented Lean/Continuous Improvement/Plant Manager, Six Sigma Black Belt Plant/Manufacturing seeking a position with stable company utilizing skills and experience include Continuous Improvement, Lean Management, Kaizen, TPM, SUR, EHS, RCA Safety, Quality, Plant/Maintenance Management including Automation, Packaging & Processes in all types of manufacturing, paper and plastics. Highly experienced with plastic extrusion, injection molding and thermoforming in either HIPS, Polypropylene and PET.
2 Plant start-ups including hiring, training, writing policies and procedures.
Driving force in the turnaround of facilities from being a cost center to being a profit center.
Facilitated over 50 teams that have changed customer perceptions from being a facility known for poor quality to being a facility of choice by all customers.
Developed and implemented Visual factory, PM program, Training program
Developed and installed new machinery for added production, reducing labor and improving quality.
Highly experienced in paper converting, cardboard, flexographic printing, logistics, safety leader, organization, inventory, visual factory, teambuilding
Experienced with all types of paper converting machines, PMC, Sherwood, Geneva, Flexo, In-line and Process printing, Slitters, Die cutters, Straight-line gluers, in either kraft, single poly, double poly, recycled, Peerless paper plate making machines etc.
Highly experienced with all types of plastics extrusion and printing machines, Welex. Lyle, Brown, Davis Standard, ITS, Extruders, Thermo-formers, Printers, Kase, Van-Dam, Husky injection molders, blow molders all in either HIPS, Polypropylene, K-Resin, Styrofoam, Peerless plate machines, Rennco packagers and much more
Hands on, get it done manager
Strong and decisive leader with great multitasking ability
Computer literate in all Microsoft applications
Consultant 5/2010 – Present
• Consulting start-up manufacturing facilities and facilities wishing to increase profits, improve safety, reduce scrap, organization and training programs specializing in paper cup and plastic container manufacturing processes
• Facilitated teams reducing labor 24 EE’s while still increasing output in paper cup and plastic container manufacturing.
• Reorganized entire departments allowing improved product flow saving valuable floor space reducing need for purchase of additional facility.
• Training of entire facilities in Safety, Lean, 5S, TPM, SUR, RCA, Kaizen, VOC, PM programs, work place organization, Value Stream Mapping, Continuous Improvement, GMP’s, KPI’s, SOP’s, DMAIC, FMEA and much more
Plant Manager/Maintenance Manager/Safety Manager 9/2008-4/2010
FXI Foamex Innovations, Albuquerque, NM. (Large manufacturer of foam products for furniture, surgical, hospital, and automotive use distributed around the world) Several Facilities consolidated along with my position.
• Reorganized entire facility, implemented visual factory, FIFO, trained facility in Lean Manufacturing, RCA, DOE, ATS, Safety, quality, BDP’s and TPM
• Implemented PM program improving machine uptime, safety, output, reliability and quality. Set all time safety record for FXI, Zero accidents or recordables for 14 months
• Facilitated numerous Kaizen events to improve safety, quality, production, shipping and receiving.
• Reduced headcount 5 EE’s while still increasing production 25%
• Developed and trained entire facility in Quality at the source improving quality to Zero returns or complaints and $0, from average of $35,000 returns weekly making the facility the facility of choice by customers, maintaining for 10 months.
• Increased profits of facility from a loss of $300,000.00 monthly to a profit of $364,000.00 monthly and growing,
• Reorganized warehouse allowing 33% more storage saving renting additional facility.
• Managed and directed safety training program ordering of spare parts, new employee training, interviewing, disciplinary, attendance policies and procedures.
Continuous Improvement Manager/ Lean Manufacturing Manager 9/2006-9/2008
Huhtamaki, Phoenix Arizona ($2.6 Billion worldwide high speed, automated, high volume plastics manufacturing facility producing Consumer packaged goods both plastic and paper working 24/5 Schedule (Facility closed)
• Completed Six Sigma project reducing resin usage resulting in savings of $1,000,000+ annually.
• Trained and implemented Lean Management, 5S, Kanban, Kaizen, and TPS in plant consisting of 80 plus employees.
• Responsible for 3 Davis Standard extruders, 3 Brown thermoformers, 6 Van-Dam 6 color process printers improving print quality and improving reliability by improved PM program and training program
• Held several SUR and TPM events Van-Dam printers and Davis Standard thermoformers and extruders with improvements resulting in YTD savings of $250,000+ and sustaining.
• Improved AIB score from 880 to 980 by 5S training improving organization and housekeeping.
• Directed TPM program on printers, extruders and printers for increased efficiency reducing downtime and improved quality
• Held weekly same-time meetings updating upper management and sister facilities of progress with improvements
• Managed Lean program in 3 facilities, training, BDP’s, maintaining uniformity.
Plant Manager 1/2005-9/2006
Picture Pot, Division of Myers Industries Commerce City, CA ($4.0 Billion manufacturer of Nursery Supplies, high speed, automated, high volume plastics manufacturing facility 24/5) (Company relocated facility due to merger acquisition.)
• Increased production 50.9% increased shipping 56.4%. By improved communication, planning and team building
• Responsible for 6 Husky injection molders, 1 polypropylene extruder, 1 narrow web flexo process printer with roto die cutter, 6 plastic container forming machines, warehouse
• Developed PM program for improved efficiencies and reduction of scrap
• Managed Plant consisting of 36+ employees.
• Reduced shipping errors from 2 per week to 0.
• Implemented visual scheduling board, staging lanes for shipping, and visual factory organization.
• Improved customer relations with regular scheduled meetings to determine needs and reduced backlog of orders from
16,000,000 pieces to 0.
• Responsible for Safety, P&L, Production, Sales and shipping for entire facility.
Production Manager 4/2002-1/2005
Solo Cup, Belen, New Mexico ($2.4 billion worldwide plastics and paper manufacturing facility, working 24/5(Company merged with Sweetheart eliminating several facilities)
• One Manager, three Supervisors and 7 Group Leaders as direct reports. Plant consisting of 300 plus employees
• Instrumental in improving quality to become manufacturing facility of choice by customers.
• Set up visual production system, Kanban system and visual scheduling for all departments.
• Held 50+ Kaizen Events, facilitated Kaizen events at sister facilities.
• Set and maintained 3 years Zero accidents or recordables.
• Responsible for print and forming departments consisting of 2 CI presses, 1 narrow web Webtron flexo press with roto die cutter, 23 - 4 color inline flexo presses, 23 cup machines with inline die cutters, 29 cone machines, 10 souffle machines, 6 paper plate machines, 1 moisturizer, 1 paper slitter for bottom stock and souffle, auto tapers, scrap and bailer room
• Increased production overall by 20%, improved print quality to become facility of choice by customers
• Reduced scrap by 75% by improving PM program reducing jams and increasing up-time
• Developed and implemented training program in all departments reducing head count due to employees being more efficient at performing duties
Assistant Plant Manager / Production Manager 4/2000-1/2002
Letica Maui Cup Division, Clarksville, TN ($1.5 Billion plastics and paper manufacturing facility)(Position Eliminated)
• Facilitated teams for labor saving ideas to reduce head count in PMC department by 31, by increased training, accountability and realignment of job duties. Saving $500,000 per year in labor while improving production 10%.
• Facilitated teams on ideas for improving production in the Plastic Print Department results went from printing 9 million cups monthly to printing 25 million monthly utilizing the same equipment and reducing labor. Saving $300,000 per year.
• Introduced 3 new lines to company having highest Profit Contribution per item.
• Developed PM program to improve efficiencies, Leaker reduction and scrap reduction.
• Seven Department Managers and three Supervisors as direct reports.
• Managed production of 27 PMC machines, two Sheeters, three Kamori Sheet fed Offset Printing Presses, four Sugano Die cutters, 2 paper slitters, six Kase Plastic Offset Plastic Print Presses, two deep draw Thermoforming lines one 6 1/2" Welex Co extruder with Lyle thermoformer and one 8" Davis Standard Co extruder with ITS thermoformer.
• Increased production in Plastic print department to printing 25,000,000 cups monthly from an average of 8,000,000 by increased PM program, improved training program, and visual reporting system
Department Superintendent 1/1997-4/2000
Dopaco Cup Company (Manufacturing facility, plastics and paper), Bakersfield, CA & Phoenix, AZ (Moved for greater position)
• Instrumental in taking Bakersfield facility from $400,000/ month loss to a profit of $180,000/ month with-in 4 months.
• Reduced customer complaints from 20 per month to 1 per week, by increased focus on quality systems and increased training.
• Implemented several improvement costs saving ideas and followed through insuring the desired outcome saving excess of $244,000 per year with three supervisors as direct reports.
• Developed and set up quality checks and systems to insure quality product the first time.
• Directly involved in the startup of two new manufacturing facilities for Dopaco Cup, relocated twice.
• Printed and manufactured F-Flute cardboard boxes for McDonalds also cardboard donut boxes, pizza boxes and 2-4 cup carriers
• Managed print and forming departments consisting of 1 Brown thermoformer, 1 Champlain roto-gravure printer with flat bed die cutter, 1- 6 color flexo printer, 4 inline flexo printers, 12 cup formers, 4 fry container machines, 2 chinese carry out box machines, 1 Speed King straight line gluer making boxes and fry containers, 6 Rennco auto-packagers, 6 auto case erectors, 12 PMC cup forming machines, and much more
• Performance results merited promotion to Department Superintendent
Process Advisor/Mechanical Services Supervisor 1/1984-1/1997
Sweetheart Cup Company (Manufacturing facility, plastics and paper),Springfield, Mo(Moved due to better position with more pay)
• Directly supervised 86 employees covering 5 departments
• Responsible for 5 CI flexo presses, 15 – 4 color inline flexo presses, flexo plate manufacturing process, 1st run proofing, Ink room mixing and toning inks, extrusion department consisting of 5 plastic and styrofoam extruders, 86- 2 piece cup formers, 32 waxers, 1 laminator.
• Reduced customer complaints by increased focus on quality systems and increased training.
• Implemented several improvement costs saving ideas and followed through insuring the desired outcome
• Developed and set up quality checks, PM programs and systems to insure quality product the first time.
• Trained all incoming maintenance personnel
• Trained all 5 departments in World Class manufacturing
BS Degree in Business Management
Seminars and On-the-job training such as: Safety, Six Sigma Black Belt, Gemba Kaizen, RCA, AIB, ASI, Lean management, Teambuilding, Train the trainer, Business Excellence, Employee Relations, Employee Involvement, R.W.T.W. Statistical Process Control, TQM, EEOC compliance, First Aid/CPR, and Safety training.