Highly skilled IT Analyst with over 15 years of diverse experience in network and server administration, and desktop consulting. Extremely knowledgeable in all areas of system upgrades, maintenance and monitoring. Known as a credible resource who finds innovative and efficient solutions to common and unique user issues.
UNITED CONCORDIA (a Highmark Company), Williamsport, PA 2002-2011
IT Analyst (2007-2011)
IT Specialist (2002-2007)
Responsible for the system, hardware and software needs for the Williamsport and remote sites.
Built, configured, and installed servers.
• Replaced servers in multiple sites and upgraded operating system in several sites.
• Administered Active Directory for account setup and security.
• Installed patches to servers manually and with SCOM
• Maintained and upgraded software on over in- house 800 PCs and over 100 remote sites.
• Installed, maintained and upgraded hardware for users at 10 remote sites, and work at home users.
• Monitored network for vendor problems and usage for load handling and bandwidth requirements.
• Mentored and trained junior technicians.
• Used HP Service Center for ITIL documentation.
• Installed and maintained Cisco switches and routers.
• Repaired various printer, computers, laptops and monitors.
• Worked with Microsoft exchange team for account setup and restoration.
• Promoted to IT Analyst.
HIGHMARK, Pittsburgh, PA 1995-2002
Tier 2 Help Desk
Key member of team that provided support for Highmark and subsidiaries for over 12,000 employees.
• Resolved complex technical issues for in house and remote users and ensured SLA compliance.
• Monitored the WAN for system connectivity throughout the United States.
• Monitored server status and performed backups.
Pennsylvania State University, New Kensington, PA
Coursework in Astrophysics
World College Distance Learning
Coursework in Computer Information Systems & Network Security
Connie Simmons- IT Analyst- United Concordia
Stephen Orr- IT Specialist- United Concordia
James Reese Frank- IT Specialist- United Concordia
Richard Panepinto- ADDP Relations Supervisor- United Concordia
CCNA Courses Network+ Training
MCSE Courses Novell 3.3 and 4.0