DOUGLAS E. BEEHLER II
614-***-**** – (Cell) • email@example.com
Operations Management professional with over twenty years experience combining technical and operational skills at a Fortune 500 Company. Directed complex manufacturing environments that focused on customer service, continuous improvement, and a sense of urgency, restructured manufacturing groups resulting in an increase in productivity and implemented daily planning systems that lead to 100% accuracy in plan versus scheduled. Strengths include: a hands-on management style, building effective teams that value diversity and strong working relationships, and a keen sense of maturity when responding to stressful situations. Experience includes;
• Capacity Planning and Cost Reduction
• Strategic Planning and Implementation
• Lean Manufacturing Principles
• Workflow Optimization
• Plant Start Ups
• Equipment Installation/Start Up
• Project Management
• Continuous Improvement Processes
• Quality Control and Performance Improvement
• Labor relations
Garretson Resolution Group 2010 to Present
Operations Integrity Manager, Charlotte NC
Responsible for leading and promoting quality and performance improvement throughout the organization by leading a continuous improvement effort utilizing a participative team approach ensuring a focus on cost, quality and customer satisfaction.
• Introduced productivity improvement, process reengineering, cost reduction and performance management programs that improved production output, product quality and customer satisfaction.
• Implemented quality assurance audits, ensuring compliance and reducing defects within high risk processes.
Operations Manager, Charlotte, NC
Responsible for the overall leadership and day to day operations of the Mass Tort Lien Resolution Department including managing all activities related to the people, processes and technology used within the department by providing direction, support and development. This position is also responsible for developing processes and procedures to improve quality and efficiency while continuing to respond to the changing environment.
• Developed policies, procedures and systems for use by the Mass Tort group ensuring compliance and customer satisfaction including Client User Guide, Internal Process and Procedures, and SOP’s.
• Developed quality standards and metrics to measure performance and customer service that led to a 62% decrease in the amount of wait time.
• Worked with Medicare department and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (“CMS”) to establish approval ready process to increase productivity by 7%.
• Grew operations department by 80% in 2011
General Mills 1984 to 2009
PRODUCTION MANAGER, Martel, Ohio (2008 – 2009)
Managed plant operations for production, packaging, and warehousing of dry mix baking products ensuring focus on quality, safety, and cost for the largest dry mix facility in North America.
• Developed and implemented strategic initiatives eliminating performance gaps by 10%, providing clear direction to staff and coordination with other departments.
• Consistently achieved customer service requirements for all channels by delivering flexibility and maintaining a high level of commitment to customer relationships.
• Implemented continuous improvement processes utilizing lean manufacturing principles and ensuring a complete understanding of Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and targets for daily success. System utilized visual controls for better communication resulting in increased knowledge and performance.
• Ensured Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) were established and followed in order to meet objectives and maintain food safety and quality standards.
TEAM LEADER III, Martel, Ohio (2006 – 2008)
Senior Team Leader responsible for directing Team Leader staff, developing performance, and building strong leadership skills for the organization.
• Developed and implemented Daily Production meetings establishing gaps against the key performance indicators (KPI) and root cause for the failures.
• Worked closely with Sanitation Department to developed and implement a plan for plant clean ups and execution resulting in a reduction of 96 man hours and $32,000 annually in savings.
• Developed an effective labor relations strategy working closely with Management and Union representatives resulting in a reduced number of grievances and a better working relationship.
START-UP MANAGER, Covington, Georgia (2005 – 2006)
Coordinated all facets of start up projects including communication to all key stake holders, defining manufacturing requirements, ensuring all plant requirements are in compliance, developing budgets, training plans and executing successful vertical start ups.
• Served as liaison between plant and corporate engineering on projects.
• Developed manufacturing requirements for new equipment and processes ensuring expectations were met to achieve a vertical start up.
• Supervised installation and start-up of lean processing system improving process flow and reducing losses by 25%.
• Led team through accelerated product testing in order to achieve production schedule and meet target market timelines.
TEAM LEADER II, Covington, Georgia (2002 – 2005)
Managed and directed operations staff of 44 technicians, in a high involvement work system, across three processing systems and seven packaging lines including the cross-functional areas of processing, packaging, material handling, maintenance, quality, engineering, and sanitation.
• Developed and managed functional scorecards for each of four operational teams resulting in increased knowledge, awareness, and overall waste reduction of 7%.
• Initiated a packaging improvement process to increase production efficiency by 5%.
• Redesigned processing work area helping to improve the overall efficiency of operations reducing downtime by 10%.
TEAM LEADER I, Toledo, Ohio (2000 – 2002)
Managed the production of 40 union employees across 15 packaging lines producing multiple products providing support and coaching in the decision making process.
• Implemented a planning process that delivered production goals 26 consecutive months.
• Established TPM processes for sanitation and maintenance increasing the overall reliability and effectiveness of machinery.
• Championed a culture of participation and ownership through development of teams and better understanding of the business.
OPERATOR / PLANT STARTUP TECHNICIAN, Toledo, Ohio (1984 – 2000)
Learned the General Mills Operations business from the ground-up as Bag line operator, RTS frosting operator, machine packaging operator, and supply driver.
• Led a joint initiative to redesign the work system increasing capacity by 3 million cases.
• Reduced line changeovers by 2 hours gaining 8.5 additional days of capacity annually.
• Assisted in startup of new desserts plant including vendor certification, plant layout, design of work system, and managing plant startup process.
Troy State University, Troy, Alabama
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
• Graduated Summa Cum Laude (GPA 3.836/4.0)
• Member of Alpha Sigma Lambda National Honor Society, Zeta Delta Chapter