(Canadian Permanent Resident) Email: email@example.com
5+ years of experience in IT including MQSeries administration - Installation, configuration and maintenance of WMQ on AIX, ZOS and Windows
Installation, Configuration and Maintenance of MQSeries V7.0/ V6.0 on AIX, ZOS and Windows
Websphere MQ V7.0/ V6.0 administration on AIX,ZOS and Windows,
DB2 9.7 on AIX and Linux
Hands on Z/OS – TSO, ISPF, SDSF, Mainview, JCL, VSAM
Encora Technologies Pvt Ltd (Singapore) July 2010 onwards
Citibank, Singapore July 2010 - till Date
Migration of Websphere MQ v 7.0/v7.0.1 on ZOS and MQ v188.8.131.52 on AIX platform from WMQ6
Configuration and setup of Multi Instance Queue manager on AIX
Installation and maintenance of WMQ on AIX and ZOS
Installation and testing of DB2 v9.7 on AIX, Linux
Configuration of DB2 HADR
IBM India Pvt Ltd, Bangalore, India Mar 2008 to June 2010
Websphere MQ Administrator
Installed Websphere MQ on Windows and AIX platform in a production environment
Maintained MQ on three platforms AIX, Windows and Mainframe
Performed daily support for IBM Websphere MQ
Performed oncall support and involved in SWAT Calls in critical production issues.
Actively involved in real-time disaster recovery processes
Performed production changes and maintenance following change and problem management processes.
Maples ESM Technologies Ltd, Tamilnadu, India May 2004 to Sep 2006
Mainframe System Administrator
Successfully administered and maintained the components and subsystems (DB2, CICS, RACF) of Z/OS operating system, which ensures the availability of the server 99.98% to users.
Created General resource profiles, User profiles and dataset profile which enhanced the security of Z/OS system
Created report on DASD freespace using MSExcel which aids in tuning of Storage Management of Disk Volumes on Z/OS
Monitored and Created reports using RMF with SMF Dump which helps to monitor CPU utilization and to tune the system accordingly.
Created and maintained PCT, FCT, PPT entries for applications using CICS as their Transaction processing subsystem
Provided project support for their client
IBM, Bangalore, India Jan 2006 - May 2006
• Configured MQSeries V5.3 and Channel initiators on Z/OS (mainframe) to communicate with Queue managers running on Windows, which reduces the waiting time for applications running on different platforms.
• Customized the system parameter specific to MQSeries on Z/OS (mainframe)
• Created and administrated MQObjects (Queues, Channels, and Storage Class) and Archive log datasets.
Iflex solutions Ltd, Chennai, India April 2005 - Jan 2006
• Creation of project databases and DB2 Objects like Tablespaces, Tables, Indexes using Quest Central
• Migrated data from project databases to development databases for testing purpose in short duration using Quest Central and LOAD/UNLOAD utilities on Z/OS
• Monitored performance of databases using DB2PM which improves performance of DB2 running on Z/OS to 100%
• Maintained archive log datasets and backup of archive logs which helps in recovery of Databases to point of recovery
IBM Certified Websphere MQ V6.0 Administrator.
Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics and Communication from Manonmaniam Sundaranar University, Tamilnadu, India. – first class with distinction 75.2%
Certificate in Z/OS Administration (Mainframe) from Maples ESM Technologies Ltd, Chennai, India.
Oracle9i Database Administrator Certified Associate
MQSeries 7.0 & 6.0, RFHUtil, Websphere MQExplorer, TPM
DB2 v 9, RACF, TSO, ISPF/PDF, JCL, VSAM, SMP/E, SQL, MS Office,
AIX, ZOS, MS DOS, Windows 2000
Internet, Intranet, TCP/IP, VTAM
Knowledge of message broker and Oracle
Training on MQSeries v5.3/6 by IBM, Bangalore, India.
Training on Websphere Message broker by IBM, Bangalore, India
Training on SMP/E
On-the job Training by Maples ESM Technologies Ltd, Chennai, India.