Jacksonville, Florida* Phone 904-***-****
PSS World Medical, Jacksonville, FL 10/05 –09/11
QA/QC Operations Leader (10/07 to 09/11)
Florida / California / Arizona Distribution Centers
• Developed and implemented enhanced incoming Quality Control process at Regional distribution center.
• Successfully coached and developed personnel using Teambuilding, Focus groups, and Lean techniques.
• Conceived and developed a temperature monitoring program for the logistics team.
• Significantly improving internal distribution processes.
• Successfully managed major projects that improved financial and operational performance.
o Activus project – Completed roll- in of all Activus product while training the team in Southern California
o POD 20/20 rollout - Rolled out project and trained team to limit expense and built a team to support future growth
• Additional responsibilities: Conducted team training and process reviews which led to vastly improved inventory standing and internal processes at all three locations. Significantly improved results in both Southern and Northern California facilities. Effectively mentored team employees into leadership roles.
Project Manager (06/07 - 10/07)
Columbia, SC RX Depot
• Increased performance and enhanced overall RX Depot operation of outbound products.
• Created and developed an outbound shipment guarantee and ensuring customer satisfaction through the RX Pedigree realignment.
• Successfully managed a team of 25 team members where major objectives were routinely achieved.
• Created night shift to minimize errors and maximize throughput. Project successfully completed in three months.
• Streamlined the team process with minimal guidance, built and trained a night crew and significantly improved overall service levels.
Operations Leader (09/06 - 6/07)
Tampa/St. Petersburg, FL Distribution Center
• Effectively conducted daily operations at this facility, including distribution, order picking, packing, shipping, receiving, inventory control metric’s to include delivery professional throughput and metric standings and retention.
• Organized, staffed, directed, and ensured the efficient operation of all branch activities
• Established performance objectives and routinely achieved target in regards to sales, cost, quality, productivity, safety, service and profit
• Maintained the distribution center operation during the closing over a 10 month period and managed to keep morale at an acceptable level.
Distribution Leader (10/05 -09/06)
Jacksonville, FL Distribution Center
• Conducted daily operations at this facility including inbound and outbound shipments for a five-day-a-week, two-shift operation in a facility whose physical dimensions aggregate approximately 40,000 square feet, serving all national PSS distribution centers
• Effectively managed over 10,000 SKUs with an inventory value of $8 million
• Provided daily, weekly and monthly metrics and KPI reporting for the facility based on distribution network goals
• Implemented a structured process to include a documented quality control program
• Coached and professionally developed a staff of 25 team members.
• Enhanced operation and image with both teams and improved overall service levels to the expectations of the Regional Vice President of the Southern Region
SourceOne Healthcare Technologies, Jacksonville, Fl (02/02 – 10/05)
Accounts Receivable Manager
• Managed the accounts payable and cash management team of over 60 including communication with Operations Leaders
• Assisted in the development, documentation of the internal control environment
• Coordinated month-end system close processes
• Researched and proposed solutions to complex accounts
PSS World Medical, Various locations (01/96 - 02/02)
Various jobs to include:
Operations Management and R&J Integration to GSMS Milwaukee WI 01-02
Operations Leader Memphis, Roanoke and Chicago 97-00
Operations Trainee 96-97