Sylvia A. Gamble
Mattapan, MA, 02126
Hotel Guest Services Associate with 3 year’s of hotel experience. Areas of expertise include customer service, performance management, and cash management. Enjoy interacting with the public. Ensures excellent guest experience, and thrives in a team environment. Passionate about conflict resolution, and has strong organizational skills.
Fairfield Inn by Marriott Dedham, MA
Front Desk Associate 06/09 to Present
• Welcome and acknowledge all guests.
• Organize, confirm, process, and conduct all guest check-ins/check-outs, make room reservations, requests, changes, and cancellations, assist individuals with disabilities.
• Secure payment; verify and adjust billing. Activate and file room keys, maintain confidentiality of guest and company information.
• Process all guest requests and relay messages to the appropriate departments.
• Print contingency lists in case of emergency.
• Explain room features to guests; supply guests with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest.
• Ensure that any outstanding requests or problems from the previous day receive priority and are resolved.
• Review daily reports/logs. Complete designated cashier and closing reports in the computer system. Accept and record wake-up call requests and deliver to appropriate department.
• Count bank at beginning and end of shift; secure bank.
• Process all payment types, adjustment vouchers, paid-outs, correction vouchers, and miscellaneous charges; provide change. Post any advance deposits from 3rd party reservations.
• Notify Loss Prevention/Security of any guest reports of theft.
• Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager.
• Maintain positive working relationships with coworkers; support team to reach common goals.
• Assist sales department with administrative duties. Including, inputting group resumes, block rooms and make keys for incoming groups.
Dechert LLP Boston, MA
Legal Secretary 01/05 to 12/08
Manage all administrative tasks for associates.
Compose and revise legal documents for attorneys, including letters, depositions, and court filings.
Answer direct attorney phone lines and act as liaison between clients and attorneys.
Schedule all appointments for attorneys, as well as track and maintain busy attorney schedules.
Track and account for all expenses, utilizing correct client codes and invoicing procedures.
Ensure legal documents are processed and handled in a timely and efficient manner in order to comply with appropriate regulations and deadlines.
Schedule all travel arrangements for attorneys.
Complete banquet event orders and floor plans (BEOs).
Create contract and proposals.
Setting up catering files and maintain convention binders.
Meet with clients along with Directors.
Administrative duties including, answering phones, scheduling appointments.
• Confident Service Certificate – Fairfield Inn Marriott
• Employee of the quarter 2010 and 2011
• GuestWare Certificate