INVENTORY PLANNING ● SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT ● ASSET MANAGEMENT ● LOGISTICS AND TRANSPORTATION
Leader with global management experience in ERP systems. Well-versed in cost containment and process management in complex multi level supply chain environments. Brand marketing awareness with the ability to move new and reconditioned/used inventory and generate profit. A track record of success working across multi-functional teams to implement improvements with a history of designing and driving both process and operational improvements and systems that led to successful delivery schedules, inventory management and production execution. U.S Citizen, open to relocation at my own expense for the right opportunity.
Financial Analysis ● Reporting ● International Business ● Project Management ● Strategic Planning Policy Development ● Process Improvement ● Performance Management ● Sales Cycle Management Negotiations ● Market Analysis ● Customer Service ● Branding ● Distribution ● Inventory Management Logistics ● Cost Reduction ● Ops Management ● Process Improvement ● Scheduling ● Computer Skills; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, HTML, Access, Visio, Photoshop, VB Applications, SAP MM, SD, WM modules, Great Plains WMS, Oracle TMS, QAD, Volume Forecasting System, Trailer Forecasting and Control, Vehicle Management System
SKP HOTEL, LLC, SHAWNEE, OK ● 8/2010 – PRESENT
SKP HOTELS, LLC, a family business, owns a SUPER 8 in Shawnee. SUPER 8 is part of Wyndham Worldwide and operates 2000+ hotels.
Temporarily stepped into the family business to provide strategic oversight post acquisition, while my father was overseas. Achievements include, through the use of brand strategizing, marketing and quality control, increase of 15% in revenue, $2 in ADR, $5 in RevPar, and a A grade on annual quality assurance corporate inspection.
THOMSON GRASS VALLEY, NEVADA CITY, CA● 4/2006 – 8/2010
Grass Valley is known as the world's premier video and film experts. Grass ValleyTM has over 3,000 active broadcast customers, and tens of thousands of professional users.
GLOBAL INVENTORY/ASSET MANAGER
Supervised a team of six people while establishing, implementing and monitoring effectiveness of the Asset Management business processes. Set up SOPs, cycle counting programs, equipment reconditioning, selling activity, RMAs management, and performance management. Maintained and facilitated movement and selling of world-wide demonstration-loan, reconditioned/used inventory for different business lines. Drove efficient inventory management through product life cycle and carried out provisioning analysis. Ensured creation and preparation of demo-loan and used equipment orders, shipments and RMAs for all major domestic/international trade shows. Created effective marketing programs in conjunction with various business lines to increase existing business.
• Achieved and facilitated $13.2M in sales across different business lines within 19 months. Accelerated demo-loan and reconditioned/used equipment sales business that was in nascent stage. Devised plans to market existing in-field and in-house stock. Through a synchronized effort and closing of ever-increasing gap in potential revenue generation vs. inventory, successfully doubled the sales in the entire year.
VIRAL PATEL • Page 2 •
• Drove down >$2.2M overdue (55% of the total) demonstration-loan inventory to less than 1% in 4 months. $4.2M of demo-loan inventory was in the field, rest was in-house. 55% of the $4.2 was overdue and had not returned back to factory. Requests for loan extension duration to the business line and asset management were neglected and became a surmounting problem. Devised a plan to reduce the overdue percentages by 10% per month by discussing the problem with each internal stakeholder and convincing them that keeping the inventory for longer than needed was hurting company’s profits.
• Demo-loan equipment was not being returned to the factory upon the completion of the loan period. Implemented TSS Asset Management Plan, which entailed meeting with the business line to define what their demo-loan need/capacity would be in advance. Aligned with business line sales plan, which resulted in on-time return, proactive replacements, increased sales and reductions in loss, damage, obsolete items and in provisioning of inventory.
• Due to excess stock there was not sufficient space left for factory returns requiring an off-site storing location with a monthly rent of $1600. Inventory amounting to $1.5M had remained onsite for 1.5 years. In addition, as the demo-loan/asset management department started to become more efficient in handling return shipments, and salvaged inventory, the need for more space arose. Acquired 500 square feet of additional space and restructured the entire stock room and introduced a Kanban process in three areas to facilitate movements through lean manufacturing principles. Process allowed for closure of off-site storing location, which resulted in savings of $19,200. Also resulted in assignment of establishing reserves for non-selling, obsolete items. Up to $600,000 was written off to reserves.
• Achieved 100% marks on SoX audit of 57 selected in-field orders. In the past, the department could only account for 60-70% of inventory. Due to the implementation of cost containment, selling plan and TSS asset management projects, tracking of in-field equipment was achieved.
OPERATIONS/CUSTOMER SERVICE PLANNER
Planned customer service inventory to maintain worldwide targets for several product lines and NPIs. Played a key role in incorporating DS Forecast Management to effectively assess safety stock and reorder level. Partnered with SAP and demand solution consultants to plan, test and integrate demand solutions forecasting module with SAP ERP system. Prioritized repair inventory with both internal and external partners, worked with OEMs and repair vendors to expedite parts needed for shipments or re-build. Identified excess inventory and defined strategies with the main factory in the Netherlands and California to resend the reserves and dispose the stock.
• A $130,000 inventory discrepancy arose in a cycle counting problem. Conducted a complete analysis with SAP and excel data, interviewed engineers to learn camera inventory history, cross checked with the factory of origin and verified purchase orders and bill of lading. Once the missing serial numbers were identified, researched any movement inside and outside of ERP system. Identified the missing cameras and resolved the inventory discrepancy.
UNITED PARCEL SERVICE (UPS), SACRAMENTO, CA ● 1/2006 – 3/2006
A package delivery company that delivers time-defined packages and documents worldwide.
DISTRICT FEEDER INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING TRAINEE – 3 MONTH PROJECT
Produced volume forecasts to develop effective operating plans that covered resource, vehicle, equipment, and staffing needs. Developed a master operating plan that also included contingency plans, feeder schedules, central pick-up, and shifting operation. Organized and scheduled routes, staff, tractors, and trailers to support corporate cost reduction initiatives. Established measurement systems to track and assess activities and key performance indicators. Performed GAP analysis for operating plans versus actual plans and scored 2% for 80% of the days in each month.
VIRAL PATEL• Page 3 •
• Achieved 81% rating in a one-month timeframe on the UPS corporate evaluation, versus 75% awarded the year before. Assessed excess hours, fleet quality, inventory, and labor, and designed a 12 month forecasting plan. Also, re-designed pick-up requirements based on customer feedback.
OZBURN-HESSEY LOGISTICS, RENO, NV ● 8/2004 – 1/2006
A global logistics company that provides end-to-end supply chain management services.
Oversaw shipment transportation planning across twelve different states for a major client, Red Bull. Translated orders from Red Bull’s SAP system to integrate internal WMS and TMS systems. Conducted wave planning, checked orders, and defined shipping instructions. Devised effective routes and consolidated orders to reduce costs. Planned and arranged Truck Loads (TL) and Less-Than-Truck Loads (LTL) to support customer demand. Managed all Overage, Shortage, & Damage (OS&D) issues for shipments generating from six warehouses.
• Challenged with generating sales by capturing the ever-increasing Red Bull market share. Generated $250,000 in revenue in one month by coordinating a record number of shipments, 344 truckloads, for Red Bull, North America. Contacted distributors across 12 different states and discovered events where Red Bull could be sold or new business development was in its final stages. Identified 1-2 distributors from each state and finalized agreement on shipments.
• Remedied recurring problems with on-time delivery. Increased on-time delivery to 95% from 80% while reducing freight costs by building business relationships with 7-8 freight vendors and putting in place vendor performance metrics, also implemented route consolidation.
• Maintained 100% fulfillment monthly by resolving all OS&D issues for warehouse shipments. Took on the additional responsibility of covering overage, shortage and damage issues for all of the six warehouses as only 70% of the issues were being resolved. Developed a tracking log, PO, BOL, e-mails, pictures, and claim documents.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
2005, Master of Business Administration, Supply Chain, University of Nevada
2003, Bachelor of Business Administration, International Business/Economics, University of Oklahoma
Corvallis, OR - technologist, medical technologist, manual, blood,...
Cherry Hill, NJ - facilities, house, boiler, utilities, labor, areas,...
Project Manager Management
Leesburg, VA - pmo, sharepoint, primavera, farm, scheduler, army,...
Philadelphia, PA - iron, metal, driver, kentucky, crane, fresh, cdl,...
Mobile Strategist, mobile process and design professional
Miami, FL - artist, dance, content, music, watch, facebook,...
Woodbridge, VA - general manager, mcdonald, labor, sales, manager,...
United States - underwriter, fraud, mortgage, remedy, loan, chase,...