Henderson, NV *****
GOALS: To transcribe acute hospital medical reports either in-house or at home.
1. Brigham Young University. 2 year program.
2. Zweegman’s School for Medical Assisting. Purchased by Heald College, San Francisco. I finished schooling with them on the Dean’s List in approximately 1973.
3. Trained at Civic Center Hospital as Pathology assistant.
4. Santa Rosa Community College. Finished the course in EMT.
5. Trained at Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital for phlebotomy/lab assistant.
1. Civic Center Hospital 1973 – 1975 immediately upon graduation. Transcribed Radiology and Pathology and worked in the Pathology Lab as an assistant. Received offer from Mt. Diablo Medical Center closer to home
2. Mt. Diablo Medical Center 1975-1978, Medical Staff Secretary, . Attended all Staff meetings, kept minutes, kept Medical Staff in compliance with federal and state laws. Moved to So. California.
3. Pomona Medical Center in Medical Records two years as a transcriber of all reports. While in Pomona, transferred to the first HMO and worked as a back office medical assistant.
4. Santa Rosa Medical Center approximately 1979-1981. Started as a transcriber and transferred to the Laboratory as a lab assistant. Quit when I had a car accident that left me hospitalized for quite some time. Moved to Hawaii in 1982.
5. Queen’s Medical Center, Honolulu. Transcriber of all medical reports. First time trained in use of computers for transcribing. Left Hawaii upon divorce in 1984.
6. Kaiser Permanente Medical Center 1984. Transcribed again in Pathology
6. Transcription Stat. Got married again in 1989 and moved to San Francisco. First time as an in-home transcriber. Went out of business.
7. Moved to Walnut Creek, California, 1990 and went to work for PTTS, outside transcription service for John Muir Medical Center. They lost the John Muir Contract.
8. Windrix Transcription, Walnut Creek, 1993. Worked as in-home transcriber for 10+ years doing work for Kaiser Permanente in the Bay Area. Lost that contract as they developed their own software.