FRANCES DELA CRUZ 562-***-**** firstname.lastname@example.org
Graduated May 2012 - California State University, Long Beach, CA
Bachelor of Science in Family and Consumer Sciences - Consumer Affairs
Overall Grade-Point Average: 3.045
09/2011-11/2012: INSTRUMENTAL SAVINGS, INC. (Placentia, CA) - Marketing Intern
- Researched consumer on-line buying habits and processes.
- Researched inner workings of guitars and guitar sub-categories.
- Developed article on guitar shopping tips based on research.
- Proofread and edited previous shopping guides.
- Edited company website using a Volusions system to input manufacturer's prices, search criteria, videos, pictures and product descriptions.
- Received guidance and lessons on becoming a more efficient worker: planning skills, networking within and outside the company, organization skills, working with others.
01/2009-12/2009: THE TUTORING CENTER FRANCHISE CORP. (Long Beach, CA) - Assistant/Business Intern
- Assisted in office organization, receptionist work, light bookkeeping and accounting work with Quickbooks
- Coordinated events and conferences for Director of Development
- Research and development of new system implementation
- Attended Fred Pryor Seminars, read Business/Self-Improvement books each month and attended Toastmasters
11/2008-01/2009: THE TUTORING CENTER, INC. (Long Beach, CA) - Instructor
- Tutored Kindergarten to High School on subjects such as reading, writing, and math including Algebra I, II and Geometry.
- Special tutoring given to children with learning disabilities
- Mentorship, homework skills and test preparation
01/2006-03/2008: TRAVCORP USA (Anaheim, CA) - Travel Agency Maintenance Specialist
- Managed all travel agency data for Trafalgar Tours, Contiki Holidays and Insight Vacations
- Data entry, data maintenance, managing commission structures and customer service with outside travel agents
- New system implementation and training employees to transition from a DOS system to a Microsoft-based system (Tropics)
- research, update, weekly reports to supervisor using MS Excel
06/2004-12/2005: TRAFALGAR TOURS (Anaheim, CA) - Travel Documents Specialist
- Printed and organized travel itineraries for clients
- Quality control checks on itineraries and individual bookings
- Printed and packaged travel bags and itineraries via UPS scanning systems
Honors, Awards and Memberships
- CSULB Leadership Academy Award (2012)
- President's Honors List, CSULB (Fall 2009, Fall 2010, Springs 2011)
- Dean's Honors List, CSULB (Fall 2011)
- Founding Officer, VP of Alumni Relations for CASA (Consumer Affairs Student Association, CSULB - 2012)
- Volunteer Work for Ronald McDonald House Charity Marathon (2012)
- Employee of the Month for Travcorp USA (February 2007)
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook
- PC and Mac
- Understands use of social media (i.e. MySpace, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Tumblr, Blogger, LinkedIn)
- Extremely organized, quick-learner and enthusiastic for experience