Rishawn E. Key
Douglasville, GA 30134
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively with persons from diverse social, economic and ethnic backgrounds.
• Outstanding leadership skills and ability to supervise effectively.
• Due to the nature and importance of this position, excellent organizational skills, punctuality and attendance are required.
• Thorough knowledge of commonly accepted office procedures and business practices. Working knowledge of property management and inventory control systems such as OneSite, Real Page, YARDI, and Microsoft Windows.
Property Manager, Peabody Properties, Atlanta, GA
05/2012 – present
• Overseeing management of a 210 unit Multifamily Tax Credit Community, managing a staff of 6. Brought property vacancy from 94% to 99% in 30 days. Preparing renewals, recertifications for residents, as well as managing the financial ledgers to keep property in budget, all while stay in compliance with IRS LIHTC Program.
Property Manager, HSI Management, Inc., Atlanta, GA
09/2011 – 05/2012
• Managing a 160 Unit Senior Tax Credit Community, with a staff of 3, recently acquired by a new management company. Worked in four months to bring property vacancy from 92% to 98%. Corrected financials and general ledgers to assist in raising property’s bottom line. Keeping in compliance with State Regulations for IRS Tax Credit Program.
Senior Property Manager, National Church Residence, Atlanta, GA
05/2006 – 07/2011
• Took necessary measures for recruiting, training and supervising for almost twenty staff members. Included maintenance, administrative, and social service staff.
• Solicited and assessed the bids for Capital Expenditures as well as a working relationship with over 50 vendors. Produced annual budgets for property with monthly variance reporting, financial analysis and practicability reports for potential property achievements.
• Provided supervision over successful occupancy needs being obtained monthly. Organized monthly lease agreements and recertification renewals. Timely submissions to Compliance Auditors and Federal Regulatory agencies.
Compliance Specialist / Resident Relation Liaison for Atlanta Housing Authority (sub contracted through Georgia HAP Administrators), Atlanta, GA
08/2005 – 05/2006
• Conducted Management and Occupancy Reviews (MOR) for GA HAP’s extensive portfolio; AHA’s Section 9 owned properties; and multifamily properties funded in part by Tax Credit and Hope VI funding.
• Kept strict regulation procedures according to HUD Occupancy policies as well as Tax Credit principles.
• Achieved required professional affiliation from National Center for Housing Management. 2004
• Achieved professional affiliation as well as certification from Georgia Department of Consumer Affairs Low Income Housing and Tax Credit Program. 2006 / 2010.
• Pursued Degree in Public Policies at University of West Georgia, Carrollton, GA.
• Graduated Wilson Magnet High School, High School Diploma, 1988.
• Received Above Average and Superior scores on Management and Occupancy Reviews as well as Tax Credit Property Audits.
• Kept property ratio above projected annual Net Operating Income.
• Brought struggling properties vacancy rate from 94% to 99% in 30 Days.
• Responsible for Training on compliance and employee policies & procedures