Master Scheduler and Supervisor with extensive experience in master production scheduling, material requirements planning, bills of material, and shop floor routings. Adept at managing shop capacity constraints with customer requirements. Set procedures to insure inventory accuracy.
Pentair International, Brookfield, WI Jan. 2011 to Nov. 2011
A Global leader in water solutions and technical products.
• PFEP (Plan for Every Part) Supervisor for 3 direct reports to ensure the minimum and maximum quantities are setup on over 7,000 components and they are properly located in a central supermarket to support high mix/low volume manufacturing.
• Material Movement Supervisor for 11 direct reports to ensure material flow and delivery to the production lines with hourly delivery routes to support 17 individual manufacturing work cells.
• Scheduling Supervisor for 3 direct report schedulers responsible for scheduling and prioritizing customer orders for 17 work cells and the internal machine shop.
Maysteel, Allenton, WI Feb. 2010 to Dec. 2010
Wisconsin-based company specializing in the custom fabrication of metal enclosures, assemblies, and components.
• Master Scheduler for a high volume, low dollar customer. Implemented lean processes by simplifying the BOM’s to improve customer delivery performance.
Viasystems, Oak Creek, WI Sept. 1994 to Dec. 2009
Privately owned manufacturer of metal fabrications serving Fortune 500 companies with annual sales of $35 million and 235 employees.
Master Scheduling Consultant Jul. 2009 to Dec. 2009
• Recruited during Oak Creek facility closure assist and mentor in Juarez, Mexico while they were starting up sheet metal fabrication business to support customer projects transitioned from Oak Creek.
• Worked with engineers to standardize BOM’s and routings, setup item masters, assisted in establishing inventory management systems and procedures, established a scheduling procedure, established an outside services procedure, implemented an MRB procedure to handle scrap, and trained personnel on the disciplines required to be able trust the system information from their ERP.
• Responsible for all shop floor scheduling and supervised 5 direct reports. Trained customer service representatives and production management on our ERP system, scheduling and shop floor dispatches.
• Responsible for outsourcing operations due to capacity constraints or cost benefits.
Steve Marquardt – Master Scheduler (Continued)
• Developed and implemented the shop floor scheduling procedures resulting in a reduction in expedite orders and an increase in on-time deliveries by 15%.
• Created a “Quick Delivery Program” which enabled product to be shipped within three to five days of receipt of purchase order, regardless of the lead time of the part.
• Reduced finished goods inventory and work in process with the following actions:
o By using customer forecasts rather then past history.
o Created and maintained a system for shortened lead times by ensuring the accuracy of standard routings, BOM’s and type of scheduling.
o Reduced cycle times through selective stocking of components, flattening BOM’s, run quantities, and plant configuration.
• Customer service representative for key customer whose annual sales exceed $1.1 million.
• Participated on team implementation of a new MRP/ERP system, from EMS to Fourth Shift.
• Performed training on Kinaxis Webplan (Rapid Response) Advanced Planning System.
• Developed and implemented scrap, first pass yield, and additional operation reports to aid manufacturing process improvements.
• Assisted in establishing and implementing cycle count procedure and integral to the annual physical inventory team.
Briggs and Stratton, Milwaukee, WI Aug. 1978 to Sept. 1994
Leading manufacturer of small commercial and industrial engines.
Production Control/Research and Development 1988 to 1994
• Responsible for procurement of parts, made or purchased, to build test and sample engines.
• Made sure production BOM’s and routings were set-up.
• Worked with model shops and outside vendors to get pre-production parts made.
• Created and maintained records of daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly engine builds using Excel.
Lead Lineman 1982 to 1988
• Ordered all parts for engine builds to meet the production schedule.
• Using BOM’s, ensured correct parts were available for the assembly line.
Stockhandler 1978 to 1982
• Forklift Driver
• Located parts as they came from manufacturing areas.
• Delivered parts to the assembly lines from Lead Lineman's stock lists.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
University of Wisconsin-Madison, Management Institute
Production & Inventory Control, 1999
Capacity Planning & Shop Floor Scheduling, 1998
MRA Institute of Management
Team Leadership & Problem Solving, 1999
Two Classes on MPS and MRP at Waukesha County Technical College, 1997-98
MRP/ERP with Effective Management Systems, and Fourth Shift. Kinaxis Rapid Response (Webplan). Microsoft Excel, Word, and some Access.
Dan Smith, (Phone 1-414-***-****)
Bailey Hurley, Vice President Human Resource at Viasystems
E-mail: email@example.com (Phone 1-314-***-****)