Falmouth, ME *****
SENIOR IT BUSINESS ANALYST CONSULTANT
Working with executives, to align their business objectives with IT capabilities to improve business processes, resulting in costs savings, and improved customer satisfaction.
* Senior-level business/system analyst professional with comprehensive business/technical skills in requirements analysis, business process automation/management (BPM), process improvement, workflow design, process modeling, software development, enterprise application integration (EAI) and testing/quality assurance.
* Exceptional problem–solver with keen ability to resolve technology issues.
* Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communicator who can deliver effective presentations.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
* Business and System Analysis
* Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI)
* Rational Unified Process (RUP)
* Agile - Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
* Cost benefit analysis
* Business Process Management (BPM)
* JAD Facilitator
* Use Case and UML
* Rational Suite
* SQL and Visual Basic
* Access DB
* Services Oriented Modeling Architecture (SOMA)
* MS Office: Excel, Word, Visio, MS Project and PowerPoint.
IBM GLOBAL SERVICES, Portland, Maine 1999 – 2009
Senior IT Business Analyst Consultant
* Implemented and improved systems applications saving $15M in operating expenses. Led multi functional, cross enterprise business analysts’ teams; acting as the conduit between business and technical teams to build application functionality or enhance existing application workflows. Facilitated JAD sessions, and prepared functional design documents and published specifications for new systems. Wrote unit, system and user acceptance tests. The projects were implemented within budget and on time to the complete satisfaction of the stakeholders.
* Led the analysis of a companywide claim reporting and data mining application, including the design of data warehouse model and reconfiguration of the extract transfer and load (ETL) process. The addition of data dimensions and aggregations to the star schema resulted in 50% performance increase.
* Managed a business analysts’ team that developed enterprise wide business services (EBS) using service oriented modeling architecture (SOMA) methodology, cutting $2M in operating expenses and reduced time to market by half.
* Lead business and IT teams that redefined the customer’s Business Intelligence (BI) initiatives. The project included the elicitation of business requirements and a dashboard development. The dashboard provided actionable information to the company’s executives.
* Provided a strategic solution that incorporated multi projects in the development of an enterprise wide customer inquiry system. The solution enabled the client to stay on budget and implement the projects on time, and substantially improved customer retention and satisfaction rate.
* Managed the IBM global Siebel implementation project that calculated the application’s worldwide benefits. A detailed analysis of all Siebel’s functionalities was conducted to determined dollars saved in process improvements. The project was recognized by senior IBM’s executives for its contribution to the successful implementation of Siebel
* Analyzed and recommended an integrated order-to-cash system. The new integrated system reduced the turnaround time by 50%.
UPGRADE CORPORATION OF AMERICA, Buffalo, New York 1992 – 1998
Manager, Integrated Supply Chain
* Designed a data model for a forecast system that estimated inventory level based on empirical data. The forecast system enabled executives to run “what if” scenarios for different price points, geography and products.
* Developed a just in time (JIT) process that allowed the company to cut inventory by 75% without effecting customer satisfaction.
MBA, Business Management, University of Tel–Aviv, Israel
BS, Business Administration, minor in Finance, Northeastern University, Boston, MA, 3.9 GPA
IBM Certified, Business Transformation Senior Management Consultant
IBM Certified, Solution expert
Management Award, Wharton School of Business, Philadelphia, PA
Project Life cycle, Certificated Rational Unified Process (RUP)
Agile - Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
IBM Certified Business Process Analyst - Websphere Business Modeler Advanced V6.0
IBM Certified, Services Oriented Modeling Architecture (SOMA).