I am a proven visionary and strategic leader that is able to translates business strategies into technology solutions, and manage the implementation and support of systems critical to business operations. With over 16 years of experience, I have assisted companies in migrating legacy systems to new technologies while still reducing cost. My expertise also includes turnarounds, mergers/acquisitions, multi-site operations and architecture/infrastructure design.
March 2004 – Present Midas International Itasca, IL Director of IT Services
At Midas I am responsible for the overall planning, organizing, strategy and execution of IT operations. I work closely with Senior Staff, Business Owners, and external partners to align IT strategies with enterprise business strategies. I am responsible for providing 24x7 support to 100 remote locations, 500+ users throughout the United States\Canada. I was the Strategic lead and project manager for reducing our annual IT budget from $5.6 million to $3.4 million.
* Design, Architect, implement, and evaluate the systems that support end users in the productive use of business applications, software, and computer hardware
* Recruit, Lead and develop key members of the IT Operations and Security Team.
* Provide leadership and direction for high-priority or escalated issues regarding corporate systems
* Develop IT policies and governance around infrastructure lifecycle and enforce all programs and policies
* Manage Change requests for all IT Infrastructure
* Responsible for Key initiatives and long term planning
* Oversee the administration of our IT Policies, Sarbanes Oxley and PCI compliance with auditors, KPMG and Ernst & Young
* Managing and selecting of vendors, maintaining SLAs, negotiating contracts and prices for services and equipment, Manage Microsoft Enterprise Agreement, Adobe and Antivirus licensing
* Managed and designed the migration of 100 Midas Retail locations to Linksys routers using DD-WRT firmware to provide customer hotspots, Network VLAN’s and reduce operational cost.
* Managed and designed the Migration of all File servers from single point of failure to a redundant architecture utilizing MS Windows 2008 Cluster and HP SAN technology
* Managed and Designed the migration from SQL 2000 single server to SQL 2008 R2 clustered environment for High availability applications
* Managed and Designed a Hyper-V virtualization Cluster on MS Windows 2008 r2 – 30 virtual servers running on 6 redundant physical servers and in our Demilitarized zone - 20 virtual servers running on 4 redundant physical servers.
* Managed and Designed a VMware 5.0 cluster, ESXi 5.0, VSphere Center Server, VSphere HA and vMotion with Hitachi 9570 SAN and McData 4500 switches
* Managed and Designed load balanced Web servers for Public websites using MS Network Load Balancing, Internet Information Server 7, MS Web Deploy 2 and MS Web Farm Framework 2.
* Managed and Designed the Migration of Lotus notes 5.1 on IBM AS400 to MS Exchange 2007 Cluster Continuous Replication and with Geographic Redundancy using Exchange Standby Continuous Replication and Blackberry Enterprise Server. No consulting dollars where utilized in this project, making it significantly under budget.
* Implemented Microsoft Office 365 for Hosted archive services and spam filtering (SaaS)
* Managed and Designed Checkpoint NGX 75,IDS\IPS and Traffic shaping on Dell Servers using Checkpoint SPLAT, supporting 100+ remote location and users.
* Managed and Designed a Load balance\fail over appliance Fat Pipe networks Warp Device for Internet redundancy.
* Managed and Designed a VB.Net 2010 application- Tapeless database backup for Midas shop Point of Sale
* Managed and Designed - Employee Portal for HR benefit and employee document sharing on SharePoint 2010
* Developed, Designed and Maintain environment for Microsoft Dynamics GP, Peachtree, Sage FAS accounting, Trintech ReconNET
* Re-architected Disaster Recovery Process to reduce cost, improve recovery time, Business Continuity and comply with Sarbanes Oxley standards.
* Migrated Midas legacy Avaya phone system to Customer Interaction Center- Interactive intelligence using SIP Polycom handsets and VoIP to PRI translating Audio Codes Mediant 1000 gateways (Midas and Call Center)
* Migrated Remote office legacy Nortel phone system to Cisco UC320w and cisco spa504g handsets, utilizing Sip trunking to reducing operating cost
* Rowriter Point of Sale (POS) implementation experience in Automotive Market with 100 locations.
* Responsible for the IBM I-series\AS400 environment and JDA ERP systems
* Manage worldwide Internet domains
August 1999 – December 2003 Centrifusion, Inc.\ Dewpoint, Inc. Chicago, IL
Information Technology Group Manager
At Centrifusion, I was responsible for the planning, procurement, implementation, security, and management of information technology assets which supported IT operations, including network infrastructure, voice and data communications, enterprise messaging, storage, mobile devices, and internal servers. I also managed the help desk/desktop support, server administration and Network engineering teams. In addition, I was also responsible for the development, implementation, enforcement, and review of IT department policies, processes, and procedures.
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with IT infrastructure and operations vendors and service providers
• Work with senior company leaders and other stakeholders to define business continuity requirements for key operations and systems; develop and implement a formal disaster avoidance/disaster recovery plan to support
the business continuity objectives and requirements, including periodic communication reinforcing key points of the plan for end user preparedness
* Manage Help desk support team and network engineers
* Manage and Support 5 remote offices connected via a Fully Meshed Frame Relay
* Manage and Configure Internet service and Phone Service to new branch offices
* Manage and Support 30 Windows NT, 2K and 2003 servers as well as 107 users and 5 Mac’s.
* Cut Company Telecommunications Cost by 50% using new technology from SBC – Integrated T1 lines (allows data and voice on single T1 line) and used VOIP thru Frame Relay(Nortel BMC)
* Support several company Accounting applications including Accpac running Sybase database & Khameleon running Oracle 8 database, MS SQL Server 2000, ADP Payroll and Peachtree
* Configure and maintain Cisco 1700, 2500 and 2600 Router for Frame-relay, point to point and Internet Lines
* Install and Maintain Windows 2K & 2K3 Domain and Installation of Microsoft Exchange Server 2000
* Install and Maintain Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration Server - Firewall
February 1996 – July 1999 National Data Services\ Aspen Marketing Services St. Charles, IL
Developer and Network Administrator
At National Data Services, I was a Visual Basic and Visual FoxPro developer as well as a Network Administrator. I was responsible for converting DOS applications to a windows platform.
* Developed, Designed applications using Visual Fox Pro 6.0 & Visual Basic 6
* Automate Computer operator Task,Worked on OCR software in Unix for mail sorting equipment;
* Supported users on NT 4 domain; Win98 and NT4 workstations
* Work with creative services on Direct mail pieces, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
* Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems DeVry University Addison, IL
* Continuing Education- MBA and Information System Management Keller Graduate Schaumburg, IL
* References and IT Portfolio available upon request
* Microsoft CIO Interview: http://www.microsoft.com/hk/windowsserver/compare/interviewdetails.mspx?recid=7
Great Plaines (Microsoft Dynamics) Financial, Sage FAS, Reconnet, supporting ERP systems, MS/Office 97-2010 (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project, Visio), Windows 95-Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8), Windows Server 2000-2003R2, Windows Server 2008R2, Windows Server 2012, Enterprise Antivirus (Symantec, Kaspersky, AVG), MS/SQL 2000- 2008, SQL 2008R2, MySQL, Active Directory, Exchange 5.0-2007, Exchange 2010, Office365 (SaaS), Blackberry Enterprise Server, Sharepoint 3-2007, Sharepoint 2010, Lotus Notes 5.1, Visual Studio (2005,2008,2010), Adobe Photoshop CS5, Adobe Flash CS5, VMware 5.0, MS HyperV and MS Virtual Server 2005 R2, Asset management software (Logmein Central, Dell Everdream, LANdesk Management Suite 9).
Hardware / Infrastructure:
Intel Servers( Dell, HP,IBM) Storage Area Networks (Hitachi, HP MSA 1000,HP G3 P2000), McData and Brocade Silkworm Fiber Swtches, Qlogic HBA, Data Center design (HVAC, UPS, Power Distribution, Cable Management)
Network / Communications:
Cisco networking (switches, routers, firewalls, wireless, fiber channel), MPLS, Frame-Relay, Metro-E, Voice Over IP (VOIP), telephony systems (Polycom SoundPoint, Interactive Intelligence Phone system, Nortel Phone System, Intertel Phone System, Cisco UC320 Phone System), unified messaging, Video Conference systems, copper and fiber infrastructures, secure remote communications, Internet / Extranet / Intranet systems, Checkpoint, Watchguard, Sonicwall, Juniper, Fatpipe Networks ISP load Balancer and Smart DNS