Ed Lay, Jr.
Energetic, highly adaptable Information Technology Project Manager, Consultant, Analyst, and Technical services support provider with more than 19 years of Information Technology experience and technical accomplishments for State Government, Public education, and private sectors. Proven ability for developing strategies, business requirements, and project recommendations to achieve business objectives based on strong knowledge of end-user and information systems requirements, hands-on technical experience, and management skills.
Professional skills include:
• Creating internal systems and process improvements to improve client productivity
• Installing, QA testing, and maintaining numerous hardware and software enhancements
• Producing clear, concise, and well-organized documentation and written reports
• Application and systems training to clients and end users.
• Extensive website development.
• User and client training of business applications and interfaces.
• Technical engineering support for Marketing and Sales teams
Business Owner, TrustIT Technology Services (Sacramento,CA ) 06/08 – Present Established a home based business specializing in providing technical consulting, systems analysis, training, high-level
network & application support, and project services to small business and residential clients. Provided web and
application development, marketing, and training support.
IT Director/Consultant, White Stone Global Foods, LLC . (Sacramento, CA) 02/06 – 02/08
For a small innovative educational startup LLC, I was contracted to provide overall IT direction
including, system design & analysis, database structure, Website development (wsglobalfoods.com),
project management, and sales and marketing assistance.
Project Manager, The Grant Educational Foundation (Grant Union HS District - Sacramento, CA) 01/03 – 01/06
Provided overall project direction & management for the development of an Integrated School Information
Management System (ISIMS), to be developed and marketed to schools throughout California. Responsibilities included
the formulation of a development lifecycle & model which would focus efforts on a Java/SQL based
modular software design to provide various information resources for K-12 based school districts.
• Working with an allocation of over $1.0 Million, developed a project budget and timeline which would ensure the delivery of the project on time and adhere to District business requirements.
• With an expedited timeframe to deliver the ISIMS application for development, successfully gathered all client needs and development framework to produce first business modules for testing and implementation at GUHSD. Provided direct input and needs assessment for the development of user data dashboards and data reporting structure to be utilized.
• Working with various District staff and Management outlined the specific application needs for Federal & State reporting of NCLB (No Child Left Behind) system, including District Budget reporting, Professional Development, Master Scheduling, and CBEST credentialing information.
• Directly coordinated with County and State agencies for proper reporting of application data, financial statements, HIPA information, and certificated requirements. Developed strategies for systems creation, security, and training for the various agencies and IT departments.
• Conducted recurring project meetings with County office of Education (COE) and K-12 service Districts Management in California and the Northwest, to present and discuss technical requirements and solutions for the ISIMS application and to facilitate marketing efforts. Worked with client IT management at all levels to discuss implementation strategies, legacy application integration, architecture compatibility, and system security to facilitate marketing efforts and application functionality.
Ed Lay, Jr.
Area Technology Consultant, Ernst & Young, LLP. (Sacramento, CA) 12/96 – 01/03
Project management, consultation, systems analysis, account management,
and technical support functions, for internal & Fortune 500 clients.
• Developed team solutions for clients in five Western states, Including
Hewlett-Packard, Intel, Seagate Technologies, and Amazon.com.
• Partnered with key client decision makers to facilitate process improvements to
complex business and technical problems.
• Served as area liaison with the Ernst & Young’s National Project & R&D Groups.
• Participated and was selected as west coast leader for National Service Delivery Project focusing on service level, training documentation, and disaster recovery formulation rollout.
• Worked over three years (1996-99) as an Area Technology Manager overseeing full department technical support and IT management functions in the Sacramento, Reno, and Walnut Creek offices. This included the daily oversight of all IT functions, Interviews and hiring, staff performance & reviews, budget plans, SLA requirements, training & development, and network & systems security.
Information Systems Technician, State of CA Employment Development Dept. 06/90 12/96
In this position used a thorough understanding of information technology to provide a wide
range of Network & technical support, to EDD programming staff and management. .
Major-Business Administration (3+yrs) CA State University Sacramento (Sacramento, CA)
Concentrations: MIS & Economics
American River College (Sacramento, CA)
AA degree – Business Administration
Special Training/Continuing Education
• Project Management, Consulting, Diversity & Negotiations
• Project Management (1 & 2)
• Project Life Cycle
• Advanced HTML, DHTML & XHTML Programming I & II
• Visual Basic .NET Framework programming
• A+ Advanced PC Troubleshooting
• Netware Admin.
• MS Server ’00,’03, ’08 Admin. and Support
• Network NET+ Technologies (IP,DHCP, Routing)
• Network Security
• Unix/Linux Admin. & Support
• Windows deployment (XP, Win 7)
• VOIP, Wireless
• MS Windows 2K, XP, Vista, W7, admin. & support
• MAC OSx
• MS Access & Excel
• Lotus Notes & Domino Admin.
• Blackberry Server (BES)
• POS (Aloha)
• Citrix Xen
• Salesforce CRM, ERP
• MS Sharepoint Administration
• Java Script
• MS Frontpage
• Dreamweaver CS4, 5
• Captivate & Camtasia
• Crystal Reports
• SQL Server / MySQL admin. & scripting
• MS Project & Project server
• HEAT, ITIL (helpdesk)
• Vmware & virtualization
Sports, Scuba Diving, Audio & Video, Volunteer work, and Travel