Anthony F. Cortese
Ft. Worth, Texas 76107
SALES & SALES MANAGEMENT
Exemplary sales record exceeding quotas with revenues up to $200MM. Successful at building corporate infrastructures and establishing operating controls that facilitate smooth operations during periods of significant growth and rapid downsizing. Extremely effective at integrating emerging technologies and operational systems/processes to solve complex business problems. Talent for developing highly productive teams, making effective decisions under unfavorable conditions, and quickly revising tactics to achieve goals within aggressive time frames.
KEY SKILL PROFICIENCIES:
• Strategic Business Planning
• Global Business Management
• Product Planning, Development and Introduction
• Sales & Marketing Leadership
• Government/National Account Management
• Policy & Procedure Analysis & Development
• Strategic/Operational Planning & Tactical Execution
• Supplier & Customer Negotiations
• Departmental Management
• Multiple- Site Operating Management
• Management & Financial Reporting
Graybar Electric, Dallas,TX. 1996 – 2006 and 2007 - Present
Account Manager Government Sales
National Account Manager/Operations
• Responsible for the management of Accounts over $200 million in revenues
• Manage a team of 4 Sales, Sales Support managers.
• Ensure appropriate employment of resources to maximize productivity and cost at each location while maintaining and managing a branch budget of $120 Million
• Develop operational processes and metrics to align with overall branch strategy
• Monitor metrics and report on statuses alongside opportunities for improvement within operational processes and/or developments that could provide better service to our large customers
• Manage service issue team and escalation issues to serve our customers and continue to offer solution based reporting
• Serve as a liaison between our customers and Executive Branch Management to constantly find alternative solutions to a high demand industry
Manager Customer Service
Senior Customer Service Representative
• Ensured appropriate employment of resources to maximize productivity and cost at each location while maintaining and managing a budget of $40 Million
• Managed and track daily flow of inventory in order to forecast branch needs and ensure proper levels are maintained accordingly
• Supervised a staff of approximately 60 employees
• Responsible for the implementation of SAP alongside coordination of system conversion and the extensive training to 100+ employees.
• Established on going quality assurance teams to set standards, address service deficiencies, and improve established procedures
T. Cortese – Page 2
Graybar Electric – continued:
• Responsible for effective resolution of local service issues and setting forth procedures to prevent recurrences by implementing Quality Improvement Teams
• Acted as liaison between local and national branches to communicate service requirements and needs
• Successfully implemented conversion of all data into current SAP system
• Met Sales and Marketing and Operations Objectives as defined by Corporate
• Account Manager for top producing electrical contractor account in Northern California
• Coordinated all customer service requests through order entry, expediting, order maintenance, and credit claims
• Provided technical support for electrical product selection and application
• Generated approximately $4 Million in sales annually and managed sales of approximately $8 Million annually
Cooper Crouse-Hinds, Windsor, CT 2006 - 2007
Customer Service & Operational Project Manager
• Direct and coordinate the activities of personnel engaged in the direct customer sales of spare parts, field service and installation of product and computer control systems and project quotations.
• Responsible for the orderly and timely restructuring of the customer service/project administration department to align with current company initiatives.
• Implement customer service metrics to drive consistent, sustainable improvements for the timely completion of project quotations, six sigma level error rate for project takeoffs, and 24 hour turn around time for order acknowledgements.
• Design and implement customer satisfaction surveys along with result and corrective actions to put in place a six sigma customer service rating.
• Responsible for the continual evaluation and maintenance of SAP to ensure maximum return on investment to coincide with the company’s long term objectives.
• Develop sales plans for spare parts ($15 to $20 million) and implement through Inside Sales and Field Sales.
• Develop and recommend pricing strategy for the organization which will result in the greatest share of the market over the long run.
Bachelor of Administration – West Connecticut University
References Available Upon Request