New York, NY 10031
Harwood Feffer LLP, New York, NY 4/99 to present
Sr. Litigation Paralegal
• Filing and review of SEC documents. (Proxies, Registration Statements, 10Ks)
• Damage analysis of shareholder purchases/ sales of stock holdings in
preparation for 1934 Exchange Act – 10b(5) Lead Counsel motions
• Load application and files for importing into various Litigation Support Applications
• Coordinate scanning, coding, and OCRing of discovery documents
• Heavy proofreading, citation checking, Bluebooking and Shepardizing of briefs, motions and complaints.
• ERISA, Title 29, NLRB and Collective Bargaining Agreement research issues.
• Court of Appeals & District Court ECF filings.
• Conduct all aspects of motion preparations regarding shareholder issues and rights.
• Detailed review of Limited Partnership Agreements, Stipulations and
Agreements of Settlement, and Purchase and Sale Agreements.
• Detailed legal research concerning multi- party litigation with emphasis on
• Detailed discovery phase document reviews utilizing online web-based document depository.
• Voluminous document production management and review.
• Overall supervision of potential class member inquiries for future proceedings.
• E-discovery management utilizing online database program Relativity
• EDGAR and Department of Labor database research and public filings retrieval
• Writing and distribution of press releases announcing 10b(5) and anti trust class action suits.
• SEC filings and insider trading Form 4 research and investigations of company assets and holdings.
• Assist attorneys in preparing to use courtroom presentation applications
• Pre trial order and voir dire questionnaire preparation.
• Liaison with Circuit and District Court Clerks of the Court
Proskauer Rose LLP, New York, NY 6/98 to 4/99
• Overall supervision of trial and in-house labor arbitration preparation
• Assist in the drafting of briefs: Summary Judgments, Motions to Dismiss.
• Citation checking (Bluebooking, quote checking, and detailed case law
• Document production, document review, legal research
• Proofreading, redlining/blacklining.
Verizon, Legal Department, New York, NY 1/97 to 4/98
• Worked side by side with corporate attorneys in trial preparation for class
action hearings and mass tort claims.
• Assist with the drafting of complaints, bill of particulars, answers and other pleadings.
• Production and preparation of requested defendant/plaintiff discovery material.
• Expert Witness interviews and preparation of witness prep schedules.
• Identify legal research issues for memorandum of law preparation and trial motions.
• Shepardizing and cite checking.
Wallace Law Registry, New York, NY 11/92 to 1/97
Worked full and part time, long and short term temporary assignments at various
law firms and in house corporate legal departments throughout the New York City
area such as :
Skadden Arps Fried Frank Shearman & Sterling
Brown and Wood Matthew Bender American Arbitration Ass’n
Education: Adelphi University, New York, NY
ABA Paralegal Certificate October 1992
Corporations, Litigation, Trust and Estates, Real Estate, Matrimonial
York College/ City University of New York, New York NY
Political Science/International Relations BA May 1992
A+ Certification, Lexis/Nexis, Westlaw, Westcheck, Relativity, Summation Blaze, Concordance, JFS Litigators Notebook, LiveNote, IPRO, Doculex, Bloomberg, Edgar Online, Lotus Notes, MS Word, WordPerfect, Excel, Powerpoint, Timeslips.
Language: German (read, speak and write fluently); Spanish (good)
Military: U.S. Air Force (Sergeant); Security Specialist; Honorable Discharge