MARC FELDMAN, MBA, CPA
Rockville Centre, New York 11570
Accomplished Financial Executive/CFO. Deep diversified experience in debt financing/restructurings, cash management, operations planning & analysis, optimization of troubled operations, acquisition due diligence, real estate, corporate finance, accounting/auditing, financial reporting, tax, investment management and insurance. Strong leadership and communication skills and record of advancement. Columbia MBA, Michigan BBA, CPA/4 years Big 4 experience.
THE DYSON-KISSNER-MORAN CORPORATION (DKM), New York, NY 1992 – July 2009
$500 MM multi-industry, multi-national decentralized closely held corporation.
One of first Private Equity firms (founded 1954)
Chief Financial Officer (2003 – July 2009)
VP – Corporate Finance &Treasurer (1995 – 2003)
Director of Planning & Analysis (1992 – 1994)
Major Accomplishments include:
• Directed total company external relationships relating to corporate finance, tax, real estate, insurance, audit/financial reporting, cash management (13 week cash flow forecasting), pension, environmental and IT-- plus dotted line authority over all subsidiary Controllers.
• Performed financial and operational due diligence for multiple industrial company acquisitions including Tri Cities Extrusion ($12MM), and Norcold ($36MM).
• Optimized numerous divestitures (Leader Insurance ($40MM), Consolidated Group/Zenith Engraving ($4MM), Wabash Technologies ($40MM), Coto bv and Pentek/CCC.
• Negotiated multi-bank credit agreements in 1996, 1999 and 2004, plus two major restructurings/extensions in 2002 and 2009 downturns.
• Repaid $200MM of debt in 2002-04 from operating improvements, asset sales, cost cutting initiatives and tax refunds.
• Negotiated with shareholders on total of $400MM of stock redemptions in both an estate settlement setting ($235MM in 1997-98), and two major litigated valuation disputes in 1994-95 and 2005-06 ($165MM).
• Sold Real Estate subsidiary’s commercial and industrial property for net $200MM in 1998-- following restructuring of $180MM of debt in 1994-1995 recession.
• Sold six other real estate assets (including two contaminated brownfield sites). Arranged sale-leaseback, IRB financing and other planned expansions of facilities.
• Converted DKM from C to S corporate tax status in 2007: Successfully defended IRS 2009 challenge of $30MM refund from 2003.
• In addition, managed invested assets as Treasurer of The Dyson Foundation (1999-2009), a private charitable organization funded with estate stock redemptions of 1997-98 noted above. Assets peaked at $360MM. Successfully rebalanced assets in 2001-02 market downturn.
MARC FELDMAN, MBA, CPA PAGE 2
BIOPHARMACEUTICS, INC., Bellport, NY 1987 – 1991
Managed financial, accounting and administrative affairs for startup generic pharmaceutical company Chief Financial Officer, Treasurer and Controller
• Negotiated $1.75MM loan and directed 30% inventory reduction, enabling company to survive significant 1990 sales decline. Worked effectively with President in capital spending, sales, manufacturing, and general management decisions.
DEL LABORATORIES, INC., Farmingdale, NY 1985 – 1987
$120MM public manufacturer of cosmetics and proprietary pharmaceuticals.
Assistant Vice President of Finance
Directed treasury, tax, external reporting, insurance, and employee benefit functions. Supported Vice President – Finance and President on special projects, planning.
• Refinanced $25MM debt with lender and Industrial Revenue Bond financing
KEARNEY-NATIONAL INC. (DKM Subsidiary), New York, NY 1983 – 1985
$150MM public manufacturer of electrical/electronic products. Declined paid relocation to Illinois.
Directed/supervised corporate financial functions including treasury, tax, legal and pension. Supervised three professional staff. Reported to Senior VP – Finance.
• Designed financial, tax and legal organization for two new operating subsidiaries.
• Renegotiated increase, maturity of $25MM revolving credit facility.
• Recovered $5MM of excess assets from terminated pension plan idea presented to company Board of Directors.
AMAX, Inc., Greenwich, CT 1981 – 1983
$1,500MM natural resources/mining company. (now Freeport McMoran Copper & Gold)
Group Planning Administrator – Corporate Planning & Analysis
Liaison to Division management – responsible for strategic, operating, CAPX planning for three divisions
Senior Treasury Specialist – Treasurer’s Department
• Negotiated major changes in national banking network and established a companywide controlled disbursement system, thereby reducing excess cash by $25MM.
• Co-negotiated $300 million in new revolving credit commitments with 15 separate banks. Analyzed Eurobond, zero coupon offerings.
ERNST & YOUNG, Newark, NJ 1975 – 1979
Supervising Audit Senior – Supervised audits on SEC and private clients
EDUCATION AND CREDENTIALS
Columbia University Graduate School of Business New York, NY
MBA – Finance, January 1981. Dean’s List
The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
BBA with Distinction, emphasis in Accounting, August 1975
• Sports Editor – The Michigan Daily - Supervised Staff of 25
• Beta Alpha Psi – Honorary Accounting Fraternity
• Order of the Angell – Campus Service Organization founded 1902
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) - 1977