Sandeep Mellacheruvu, MD, MPH (****)
• To pursue a career in academics and research in clinical medicine
• Pursuing Masters in public health (MPH) at Benedictine University, Lisle, IL, May 2010 to current.
• Kriger Research Institute, Clinical Research Associate Program, January 2009-2010.
• Certified Coding Associate, Illinois 9/20/08
• Licensed in Health and Life Insurance, Illinois, 7/24/08
• NIH-Office of Clinical Research: Computer-based Clinical Research Training course, 07/22/08
• The University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, MS 07/2004 to 05/2008; Resident MD in Psychiatry;
• Armed Forces Medical College, Pune, India; 08/1993 to 11/1997; MBBS
• Spartan Health Sciences University, Assistant professor in Department of Pharmacology, January 2011 to April 2012.
• Windsor University School of Medicine, Faculty advisor, March 2009 to November 2010.
• Kriger Research Institute, Clinical Research Associate Program, Internship 2009-2010
• AFLAC Inc. 5/08 to 07/10, Independent Associate
• The University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, MS 07/04 to 05/08; Resident MD; Department of Psychiatry and human behavior and Neuroscience Research
AWARDS & PRESENTATIONS:
• Richert, A., Mellacheruvu, S. (February, 2005). Risperidone effects of slow wave sleep. Poster presented at the Annual Meeting of the Mississippi Psychiatric Association, Memphis, TN
• Norton, J., Mellacheruvu, S, Shweinfurth, J. (March, 2006). Atypical antipsychotic induced acute laryngeal dystonia. Grand Rounds at The University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, MS
• South-Central Zone Mental Illness Research & Education Clinical Center (MIRECC), TRIP’s (Training Resident in Psychiatry) fellow, 2006- 2007
• Recipient of AAGP Stepping Stones Program for Psychiatry Residents, New Orleans, LA, 2007
• Letter to the editor, Atypical antipsychotic induced acute laryngeal dystonia, two case reports: Journal of Clinical Psychopharmacology, Volume 27, Number 2, April 2007.
• Poster Presentation: Atypical antipsychotic induced acute laryngeal dystonia, two case reports:
o UMC Neuroscience Research day, Jackson, MS; October 2006
o AAGP, Neworleans; March 2007
o MPA, Biloxi, MS; March 2007
o APA, Sandiego, CA; May 2007
• PI, IRB approved resident research project: Comparing efficacy of the intramuscular antipsychotics using Behavioral Activity Rating Scale (BARS) in agitated patients triaged to psychiatry in ER setting; The University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, MS; Supervisor: Grayson Norquist, M.D.; 01/07 to 01/08
• Participated in various clinical trials administering multiple psychiatric scales, interviewing participants,
• Participated actively in 2-NIMH Clinical Trials, PAARTNER’S Study and Geriatric Bipolar Disorder
• Participated actively in consensus meetings weekly in PAARTNERS ( Project Among African Americans to explore risks for Schizophrenia) Study, The University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, MS; Supervisor: Joseph Kwentus, M.D.; 07/05 to 07/06
• Accepted proposal for ancillary study to Penn state university; Title: The correlation between schizophrenia subtyping and cognitive impairments in African Americans, in PAARTNERS study; Supervisor: Joseph Kwentus, M.D.
• Languages: English, French, Spanish, Telugu, Hindi, Marathi, Kannada
• Hobbies: Sports, Music, Movies, Traveling
REFERENCES: Available upon request