** ********* ***** **, *******, AB. T3E7E9
cell 587-***-**** email firstname.lastname@example.org
A results-oriented payroll and benefits professional with broad experience. Strong analytical and problem solving skills, attention to detail, results driven, high-energy team player, seeks new challenges in payroll, benefits or HR.
PROJEX TECHNOLOGIES INC.
PAYROLL/BENEFITS ADMINISTRATOR 2011 – 2012
• Processed bi-weekly payroll using ADP pay and people at work for over 200 salaried and hourly employee.
• Coordinated payroll, benefit and HR administration.
• Maintained Replicon (timesheet program) and Success Factors (performance/compensation program).
PEKA PROPERTY MANAGEMENT
PROPERTY MANAGER 2011
• Reported major deficiencies to designated Board members and provided recommendation for action; arranged for correction of minor deficiencies and dealt with emergencies appropriately.
• Tendered for maintenance contractors, supervised work and approved invoices for payment.
• Planned and organized annual general meetings.
• By law enforcement as directed by the Board and developed budget annually.
CALGARY REAL ESTATE BOARD
HR/PAYROLL ASSISTANT 2010 – 2011
• Processed semi-monthly payroll for all salaried and hourly employees, as well as on-call hours and bonus payments. Verified pay preview prior to sending, make necessary corrections, adjustments.
• Verified payroll totals and ensure all deductions to pension, banks and health benefit plans were made as scheduled.
• Created required internal management reports from the payroll & HR system; provided monthly and quarterly reports to appropriate managers including sick & vacation day entitlement and statistics reports.
• Reconciled all monthly benefits to payroll and made appropriate adjustments in payroll.
• Ensured accurate processing of sick time, benefits, lieu time and vacation time.
• Participated in required meetings providing input, creativity and recommendations.
• Administrated all benefits included a pension plan
CANADIAN MOUNTAIN HOLIDAYS INC.
Coordinator of Employee Services 1996 – 2009
• Participated in creating and producing an employee handbook covering policies and practices.
• Assisted in keeping the company intranet up to date to keep employees advised of changing policies and upcoming events.
• Supervised the Payroll and Benefits Administrator and part time Assistant, including hiring, training, goal setting, and performance evaluations and dismissing if necessary.
• Supported leaders in resolving routine employee relation matters; exercised discretion and diplomacy with confidential and sensitive matters.
• Organized annual employee orientation of 40 – 50 new hires. This one day event covered important information about CMH and introduced the Banff staff.
• Supported employees accessing STD and LTD benefits ensuring smooth transition of incomes to ease stress.
• Administrated all employee benefits including a CAP plan for employee retirement.
Payroll and Benefits Administrator 1991-1996
• Handled all aspects of payroll and benefits for 285 employee-base organization, including all accounting functions.
• Designed and rolled out a new RRSP/DPSP plan
Canadian Payroll Association - PCP designation 2010
Bow Valley College – Accounting I, II and Simply Accounting 2009
Conflict Resolution – U of C 2008
Canadian Payroll Association – Payroll for Supervisors 1994
Canadian Payroll Association – Introduction to Payroll 1992
University of Calgary: Personnel Management Certificate 1991
Additional Training and Development
• Accounting Course and Quick Books 2009
• CPR 2007
• Professional Presentation & Public Speaking Seminar 2006
• Supervising the Drug Free Workplace 2006
• Employment Standards Workshop 2002
• Taxation of Retirement Savings 2000
• Food safe 2000
• Canadian Payroll Association – conferences yearly
• Microsoft Word, Excel
• Ceridian – Micropay/Insync
• ADP – People & Pay at work
Available on request.