Kew Gardens, NY 11415
Paralegal (April 1995 – Present)
Pollack Pollack, Isaac & DeCicco, 225 Broadway, Suite 307, New York, NY 10007
• Prepare and assist attorneys in preparing and filing various types of immigrant and nonimmigrant visa petitions, including family and employment based immigrant visas (all categories); Treaty traders/treaty investors (E-1/E-2); Intra-company transfers (L-1A and L-1B); Specialty occupations (H-1B); Nationals with extraordinary ability in science, arts, etc. (O-1); Student visas (F); Temporary workers – seasonal nature (H-2B);
• Direct all steps in preparing and filing PERM labor certification applications in all employment based categories including defining job position, duties and requirements, drafting ads, assisting employers in conducting recruitment, filing labor certifications, preparing audits, etc.
• Prepare adjustment of status applications on all grounds filed either with the CIS or the immigration courts, employment authorizations applications including extensions, travel documents, etc.;
• Prepare asylum application cases, either administratively filed or in court proceedings;
• Assist attorneys by finding facts, preparing legal documents, or searching legal guide for the case including petitions and cases in removal proceeding;
• Direct various consular processing immigrant visas on different grounds including dealing with the NVC and consulates;
• Prepare affidavits or other documents, organize and maintain doscuments in paper or electronic filing system;
• Meet with clients and other professionals to discuss details of the case; etc.
Paralegal (June 1992 – April 1995)
Paul I. Freedman, 401 Canal Street, New York, NY 10013
• Prepare primarly asylum application cases, either adminstratively filed or cases in court proceedings for nationals of the former Yugoslavia, including suspension of deportation cases.
Project Economist (September 1979 – September 1991)
Research and Development Institute, Titiograd, Montenegro
• Conduct research to formulate business plans to address apropriate business model for various types of businesses, including model of optimization of production lines, marketing, finance, business restructuring, and short and long term business development. Involved in the process of a mid and long term municipality planning.
Director of Planning Department (December 1968 – September 1979)
“Radoje Dakic”, Heavy Machinary and equipment, Titograd, Montenegro
• Direct and oversee personnel of employees of Planning Department in charge of analysing, planning, reviewing, and reporting on business of a factory of work force of 4,000 employees.
• Two years Postgraduate study (Master’s in Business Management), 1989
University “Veljko Vlahovic” Titograd
• Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, completed in November 1968
University of Belgrade
SKILLS & FOREIGN LANGUAGES:
• Working knowledge of Word, Microsoft Outlook, Internet, LawLogix, and Immigration Aid
• Fluent in Albanian, Bosnian, and Serbo-Croatian