OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONAL
Logistics/Distribution Management ~ Supply Chain Management ~ Performance Management
Detail oriented US Veteran with extensive hands on Operations and Team management experience. Dynamic, results oriented team leader with over 10 years of experience in the logistics industry; with a clear focus, and proven track record of improving production, quality, and processes to decrease overall turnaround times while exceeding goals. Exceptional motivator with demonstrated abilities to effectively communicate business principles to distribution personnel at all levels in order to facilitate change and initiate turnaround. Resourceful and intuitive learner with a quick grasp of productivity tools and technologies.
Team building/training & development
Positive customer interaction
Work flow planning
Continuous process improvement
Staff development/turnover reduction
Exceptional customer service
UTI Integrated Logistics, Dallas, Texas June 2008-Present
3PL servicing 100 THD (The Home Depot) locations throughout the southwest region.
• Interim Assistant General Manager
• Successfully increased productivity 20% in the operation by listening to root causes, forming teams to troubleshoot problems, and fostering strong relationships, among salaried staff, hourly staff, and the on-site customer.
• Identify and develop best practices within the operation and incorporate them throughout facility. Oversee operational activities, manage KPI’s, and metrics to optimize automated environment.
• Responsible for employee relations, safety, succession planning, act as liason between stores and operation to ensure quality shipments, LIST MORE
• Demonstrated ability to lead, drive, develop and motivate high performance teams while actively participating in staff recruitment and retention activities.
• Created standardized procedure to promote inventory control.
• Collaborate with the customer and implement continuous improvement initiatives
Freight Operations Supervisor
Conway Freight, Mississippi June 2007 – June 2008
• Supervised the outbound shift which consisted of 40 drivers/freight handlers, 3 clerks, and a support supervisor.
• Recruited, hired, and managed crews.
• Pre-move confirmation and Quality Assurance calls.
• Cost containment ( inventory control)
• Coordinated with multiple carries to insure on time deliveries.
• Safety, DOT and Industry regulation compliance & warehouse storage management
• Managed vehicle inspection and maintenance program.
• Collated & distributed monthly performance reports by product, updated weekly. Audited all transactions to ensure that proper invoicing had occurred.
R&L Carriers, Louisiana April 2005 – June 2007
• Key support contact for the overall network modeling function which included all areas of logistics. Supervised staff of 35.
• Created load configuration and managed new transportation related programs.
• Resolved disputes relating to carrier claims, oversaw daily operations of truck, rail, and van shipments including export containers, and handled related problems that arose from such shipments.
• Monitored shipments in transit and took corrective action with carriers to resolve service issues.
• Directly coordinated, communicated, and serviced the transportation requirements of the customer while exceeding their customer service requirements.
• Responsible for timely and accurate processing of shipment information into the system
• In connection with the business unit, advised product sales operations regarding schedules, equipment availability, and most economical transportation costs.
• Created general reports from various sources in support of sales office requests and in preparation for quarterly staff and annual team meetings.
OB Logistics Specialist, Eagle Global Logistics, New Orleans, Louisiana June 2000 – April 2005
United States Air Force May 1996 - May 2000
• E4/Senior Airman
• Medical Administration
Bachelor of Science, Earth Science
University of New Orleans
SAP (Vanquish and Polaris) Blue Ocean, MS Office, Word, Power Point and Excel, Automated mechanization conveyor system, Yard Master, Outlook, Oracle and acquired understanding of QuickBooks, Manhattan Associates WM/PM, YMS, Pro-Rep, Qqest timekeeping system
Served, instituted, created, achieved, improved, reduced, delivered, directed, slashed, demonstrated, collaborated, established