Adam S. Oppegaard
South Korea: +82-10-424*-****
Masters in Applied Psychology (Organizational Training and Development) Southern Oregon University, (2006)
- Emphasized recruitment and selection of employees, training and skill acquisition, and program management. Complete an extensive course in Human Resource Management.
B.S. Psychology, Southern Oregon University, (2004)
Certificate in Mediation and Conflict Management, Southern Oregon University, (2003)
Project Officer: Korea Institute for Advancement of Technology (KIAT) 2012-Present
- Primary liaison/Communication Specialist to the European Union Seventh Framework Programme and EUREKA Network
- Manage all international R&D projects, project management systems development, and the preparation of all relevant English language documentation and correspondence.
- Conduct statistical analysis to effectively advise upper management on international R&D program and policy development.
- Strengthen and maintain a strong network of international R&D administrative network
- Advance Korean delegates international reputation by writing, editing, proofreading all disseminated overseas information including but not limited project communication, speeches for the Ministers of Knowledge Economy, media reports, news releases, and announcements.
Foreign HR Researcher: BCM SpeakingWorks (Seoul, South Korea), 2011-2012
- Advised management on the design and HR content for a newly developed job board.
- Assisted in strategy development to increase market competitiveness
- Managed a group of content researchers.
Team Coordinator/Head Native English Teacher: BCM: SpeakingWorks, (Korea), 2006-2011
- Recruitment and selection of international staff members.
- Orientation, training, and evaluation of employees
- Advised management on company culture to increase teacher performance, compensation packages, contract negotiations, and the selection of foreign staff.
- Trained management on conflict management, multiculturalism, and other facets of HR.
- Facilitated trainings to increase skill developed and performance of staff.
- Conducted interview assessments, orientations and for potential employees to ensure talent needs align with business objectives.
- Mediated conflicts between foreign staff and Korean management
- Revised contracts to ensure adherence to labor laws, reduce cost, and minimize liability
Graduate Assistant: Academic Advisor (Southern Oregon University), 2005-2006
- Evaluated students’ academic history regarding general education and graduation requirements
- Designed and Implemented presentations regarding my department’s functions and available resources to students (CORE) and faculty.
- Assisted prospective, continuing, and transfer students with educational planning and other various academic issues
- Conducted statistical analysis regarding student descriptions for human resource and organizational planning purposes
Practicum: SOU Human Resource Department (Ashland, OR), 2005-2006
- Completed an extensive course in Human Resource Management at SOU
- Researched the faculty’s perception of the organization’s recruitment and selection process.
SOU Psychology Department (Ashland, OR), 2005
- Assisted in the development of a strategic planning session for the Masters in Applied Psychology (MAP) program at SOU
- High proficiency level with Microsoft office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Familiar with HRIS systems
Mastering the High Conflict Conversation: Skills for Leaders Kodak (Medford, OR), 2006
- Co-facilitated training on preparing for high conflict conversations, developing listening skills, creating safety, and handling violated expectations.
Managing Difficult Conversations at Work, Public Seminar (Medford, OR), 2006
Communication for Leaders, Jackson County Roads Department (Medford, OR), 2005
Conflict Management, Public Seminar (Medford, OR), 2005