Judy M Kelley
Experienced Accounting Manager/ Financial Analyst that has the ability to communicate financial and associated technology concepts with management as well as support staff.
Knowledge of government, insurance, retirement, non-profit, association, and restaurant financial statement preparation and reporting.
In depth knowledge of payroll and employee benefits accounting and federal, state and local government regulations and laws.
1993–2012 Georgia Municipal Association Atlanta, GA
Financial and Business Analysis Manager (2011-2012)
* Consultant for staff on use of Word, Excel, Access, Great Plains, IMIS, STARS, and custom Retirement system and Health Insurance enrollment system.
* Liaison between programmers and end users (including legal staff) on customized Defined Benefit Retirement administration software.
* Provided analytical support and report preparation for the Risk Management and Employee Benefits Department and the Finance Department.
* Supervised Life and Health Program Participation agreement project. (Prepare membership contracts to maintain plan IRS qualification requirements)
Accounting Services Manager (1993–2011)
* Supervised accounting staff including GL, AP, AR, Payroll, Health insurance enrollment, Retirement payment processing, and Workers Comp claims payment processing.
* Payroll tax returns including 941, 945, W-2, 1099R and 1099MISC.
* Monitored Cash Flow and invested short term cash in compliance with investment policy.
* Designed Cash availability and Investment Monitoring report
* Designed a complex Excel budget and then converted to Forcaster.
* Liaison with Custodian for all Investments
* 13 Money Managers
* 1.5 billion dollars in assets in multiple asset classes
* Liaison with Actuaries:
* Asset reporting for 401(a) Retirement Defined Benefit Plan
* Claims data for three self-insurance programs to develop loss triangles and underwriting reports.
* Developed accounting procedures to insure compliance with GASB, FASB, State Insurance Reporting requirements,
* Reviewed contracts for any accounting implications or process changes.
* Designed reports using FRX, Crystal reports, Excel (including pivot tables), and Access
* Liaison with external auditors including preparing CAFR schedules for external audit report and documenting processes and procedures for auditor’s internal control report.
* Implemented a COBRA notice reporting system for members of Life & Health program.
* Project manager for multiple software implementations including ACCPAC to Great Plains and IMIS.
1990–1993 Moore & Cubbedge, CPA Marietta, GA
Accounting Systems Consultant
* Installed and setup GL, AP, AR, Job Cost and Payroll ACCPAC accounting system modules.
* Provided training on electronic accounting systems for CPA’s tax and write-up clients for all six partners in the firm.1986–1989 Valentino’s Inc Lincoln, NE
* Supervised Accounting department
* Hired as Fixed Asset Accountant and promoted to Controller in 2 years.
* Implemented a Food Cost program for company owned restaurant so the managers could monitor food and beverage costs real time.
* Converted company accounting system from an IBM 34 to a PC based network and payroll system to ADP.
Education: University of Nebraska, Lincoln Lincoln, NE
B.A., Business Administration with emphasis in Accounting
Interests: GGFOA, United Methodist Women, Missions, Children’s ministries, Lions Club, Girl Scouts