VALERIE ELLIS, MS
Albany, Ga. 31705
Empathetic and nurturing, working as a training specialist, adjunct professor as well as a pre- school teacher and parent facilitator. A track record of successfully guiding and counseling contractors as a facilitator at Albany MCLB and facilitating courses at Albany State University. A certified facilitator traveling extensively to Oconus and Conus locations implementing DPAS defense courses as well as eLearning modules. Also, a pre-school teacher/parent facilitator that guided a diverse group of children in their formative years as well as provided parents with resources that would enable them to make better choices for their families. WORK HISTORY
**CONTRACTOR- FT 40Hrs.
ALBANY MARINE BASE/ TRAINING SPECIALIST-INVENTORY ANALYST / 2015-CURRENT
• Created training calendars of events to schedule and traveled to classes in the Enterprise (East, West and Pacific Coast) to capture maximum audiences per location.
• Performed analyses of training software, course content review and provide recommendations for improvement of curriculum instruction including performance and effectiveness.
• Provided feedback and/or reports on learning and development outcomes of the course facilitating.
• Facilitate the train the trainer course.
• Coordinate training activities, assisted in the creation of the DPAS Training Manual (Hard Copy as well as a recorded DVD presentation)
• Provided two weeks and eighty hours of DPAS training to new hires during the COVID-19 season through teleconference and software hands-on training. In a normal environment this would have been a face-to-face session.
• Reconciled CMR assets accurately each quarter in the Fiscal year.
• Responsible for all shipping of IT assets for oconus and conus locations.
• Knowledge of the operation of a personal computer involving social media, Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Power Point, etc.
• Conducting orientations, onboarding, counseling, and training.
• The ability to communicate orally and in writing.
• Revised and developed a training manual.
• Create teaching plans and instructional materials.
• Evaluate the effectiveness of training program to students.
• Identify training needs and assessed customers with surveys.
• Collaborate with various stakeholders to identify training gaps.
• Conduct surveys and evaluations post trainings.
• Develop classroom handouts, instructional materials, aids, and manuals. ALBANY STATE UNIVERSITY/PT.TIME ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR -20Hrs. / 2009-2015
• Developed and managed syllabus materials.
• Coordinated courseware and curriculums with academic policies.
• Facilitated classroom students with counseling and Instruction.
• Evaluated student performance.
• Input grades into Blackboard Grade Center.
• Counseled & advised students on careers post college.
• Knowledge of courses facilitated including How to become a Therapist, Human behavior and Performance, Lifespan Development, Test and Measurements, Professional Psychology Careers along with classes that involved individual differences in ability, personality, and interests, learning and motivation.
• Administered University testing.
• Administered and proctored SAT testing to high School students. GIRL SCOUTS OF HISTORIC GA / Certified Facilitator/Parent Facilitator -40Hrs. FT /2006-2015
• Performed background checks using the certified program Intellius.
• Delivered high impact training to adult volunteers.
• Developed and implemented adult learning resources for k-12.
• Conducted 3-day workshops and award ceremonies.
• Networking and collaborating for upcoming events to share with the community.
• Responsible for tracking the training for adults in Albany, Columbus, and Savannah.
• Certification, Train the Trainer, Albany, Ga. DECEMBER 2008 DCSS (ISABELLA & MARTIN LUTHER KING ELEMENTARY SCHOOL/ COMPUTER LAB INSTRUCTOR-40Hrs. FT/1994- 2005
• Observing and managing classroom dynamics.
• Downloading important software updates.
• Maintaining a complete set of records and inventory of textbooks.
• Planning lessons and activities that allow student’s acquisition of computer skills.
• Teach students and learners to use computer.
• integrate special lesson plans with core academic curriculum. EDUCATION & TRAINING
Master of Science, Psychology-Specialization: Family Psychology, May 2006 Bachelor of Science, Psychology, Albany State University, Albany, Ga. MAY 2001 Dr. Reed, Supervisor, School Counseling Internship- Albany State University Delores Floyd, School Counselor MSW (Isabella Elementary) INTERNSHIP/PRACTICUM
A.) SCHOOL COUNSELOR INTERNSHIP /ALBANY STATE UNIVERSITY/ISABELLA ELEM/ BACHELORS-PSYCHOLOGY B.) INTERVIEWING PRACTICUM/ CAPELLA UNIVERSITY / MASTERS- PSYCHOLOGY- SPECIALIZATION FAMILY PSYCHOLOGY
PSI CHI Honor Society
Girl Scouts of Historic Ga.
* Rodney Pettit LMS Albany MCLB Former Supervisor MFSC/ S6 678-***-**** email@example.com
* Deidre L. Groves Executive Assistant MCLC 229-***-**** firstname.lastname@example.org Commanding General/Executive Deputy
* Christopher Tilton Albany MCLB - Ret. Lt, Col. 321-***-**** Former Patricio Enterprises