Dynamic and highly competitive leader with over 20 years of experience who excels in company growth. Brings invaluable experience leading management strategies in sales management, coaching, training, and development. Reputation as a self-directed data driven skilled leader developing relationships with clients from varying backgrounds. Self-motivated, hard-working, resourceful, and excellent problem solver with the ability to provide strategic recommendations to achieve goals.
Director of Sales, The Home Depot
Hampton Products, Smyrna, GA 2022- 2023
• Developed sales strategy that resulted in a 12% increase in 2022.
• Strategic planning and execution $55 million in 2022.
• On track for $58 million projected in 2023.
• P&L responsibility for The Home Depot Increased margins from 8% to 20%.
• Training, managing and leading personnel.
• Successfully recouped over $1 mill in fines in the first 12 months.
• Identify growth opportunities and market trends that predict future growth.
• Analyze internal sell-in and account POS data to create strategy.
• Develop, and manage annual business plan growth and listings initiatives.
• Develops strong business relationships with customers and customer teams.
• Implemented Process’ and Continuous Improvement goals. Director of Sales
Kittrich Corporation, Kennesaw, GA 2014-2022
• Developed sales strategy that resulted in a 30% increase in the first year.
• Strategic development and forecasting.
• Successful sales increase of 10%-30% annually.
• P&L responsibility for total U.S. sales Operations through direct training, leadership, and supervision of sales, and network of independent sales organizations.
• Grew a portfolio of all retail accounts that included Target, Walmart, Lowes and Home Depot and small hardware stores through identification of unique business opportunities, execution of corporate presentations, and contract negotiations.
• Training personnel to perform at a level with Home Depot.
• Created Strategic plan for company and New Products.
• Manage the sales, POS, and forecasting process and execution.
• Manage and maintain all internal and external sku data within category. Work with internal manufacturing and distribution operations to optimize account efficiencies.
• Identify growth opportunities within category and develop/execute strategic promotional. plans and account advertising plans to drive category growth. Analyze internal sell-in and account POS data to provide strategic recommendations.
• Work with team lead and internal teams to effectively manage modular space, replenishment recommendations, monthly display plan, and promotion effectiveness.
• Develop, recommend, and manage annual business plan growth and listings initiatives. Melissa Davis 3171 Country Club Court N.W.
Bachelor of Business 2023
Cummins Power Generation
Six Sigma 2009
• Client Relations
• Cross-Functional Collaboration
• Revenue & Profit Growth
• Strategic Business
• Talent Development
• Targeted Resource Allocation
• .com Sales
• Pricing Expertise
• Continuous Improvement
• Technical Sales
• New Product Development
Regional Sales Manager
Willis Power Systems Louisville, KY 2010-2013
• Developed sales strategy that resulted in a sales increase beginning the first quarter.
• 55%+ increase during the first year.
• Created and implemented Dealer Development Plan.
• Created dealer the network.
• Trained and coached sales team.
North American Sales Manager
Cummins Power Systems Minneapolis, MN 2006-2009
• Predicted customer requirements and proactively made improvements to internal procedures, resulting in integrating EDI, open order analysis, and return analysis that increased gross margins.
• Developed sales strategy that directly resulted in increasing sales from $0 to $140 million.
• Improved margins through pricing and channel strategies by analyzing market trends and competition.
• Reduced inventory from $12 million to $3 million within seven months by creating strategic promotional plans and opening multiple sales channels.
• Hired sales representatives and trained sales representatives, customers, and call center on all products.
• Managed all aspects of sales and opportunities through sales reps and distributors, including building and training sales force for retail within the United States & Canada. Top Accounts include Home Depot, Lowe’s, Menards, Wal-Mart, Target, Ace, True Value, Costco, DIB and Orgill. Responsible for P&L and forecasting by customer and by product to insure high margins.
Sales & Marketing Director
Vertex International Minneapolis, MN 2004-2006
• Managed United States sales opportunities through sales reps and house accounts. Hired, trained, and supervised sales personnel.
• Developed over 113 commodity products, packaging, and literature that grew sales by $1 million or over 60%.
• Collaborated with Asian factories, optimizing sourcing and insuring quality. Increased sales with web-based customers by 95%.
• Secured sales with Home Depot, Lowe’s, CVS, and Meijer and many other major customers. Bond Manufacturing
National Account Sales Manager Sacramento, CA 2004
• Managed Lowe’s, Home Depot, and Wal-Mart accounts. Developed promotional products, displays, and strategic plans.
• Initiated SKU rationalization and validation that resulted in higher gross margins.
• Created two new category lines, plant supports and ornamental trellis’ that resulted in over $1 million in first year. Marketing Manager
Mohawk Industries Columbus, OH 1998-2001
• Managed Co-op, Over-bill, Merchandising programs, trade shows, and all marketing communications. Created, distributed, and analyzed promotions. Orchestrated large conventions and entertainment for large groups.
• Created database that tracked and issued monthly statements for funds totaling over $5 million annually.
• Initiated marketing plan that increased participation by 47% and grew business by 60%.
• Successfully Initiated, trained all sales managers on laptops and Microsoft office and was the technical support person for the region.
• Purchased all point of sales materials, negotiated with all vendors.