Rafiq Rajab Ali
Accounts Manager Finance
As an experienced accountant having diversified work experience in numerous industries and sectors. Around 14 years in the IT Staffing & Services Industry and almost 6 years in a Tax Consultant and Internal Auditing firm where I worked in different industries such as; Trading, Manufacturing, Import
& Export, Travel & Tourism, Leisure & Hospitality, and Retailers. WORK EXPERIENCE.
Accounts Manager Karachi, Pakistan – Jul 2009 - to date. CentricSource.com, a US based IT Staffing Firm, I have joined this company in 2009 as senior Accountant and was promoted to Accounts Manager in 2013. My core responsibilities to carry out all financial activities of the company including managing finance department and reporting to the senior management. Beside my job role, I am also actively involved in managing office administrative affairs and HR activities.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements, analysis and reporting documents, including cash flow, Profit & Loss A/c, Balance Sheets and report to CEO, Directors & senior management.
- Prepare quarterly and yearly budget, costing and subsequently monitoring of revenues and expenditures.
- Prepare various expenditure reports and analysis, costing, actual financial results verses budgets. Monthly, quarterly comparison of expenditure and revenue.
- Calculate fixed and variable costs with reference to individual clients’ project which helps management to decide cost effective strategies.
- Coordinate with the bank representatives for the arrangement of loan finance, submission of the documents required to the bank, computing the loan schedules and posting installment entries in ledgers.
- Conduct full-cycle accounting, invoicing, General Ledger, account reconciliation, and prepare trial balance and taxation.
- Record day to day financial transaction, balancing general ledger and sub-ledger and post entries to the appropriate accounts.
- Process accounts payable, account receivable and payroll.
- Maintaining the integrity of the accounting systems and inputs.
- Implementing adequate control based on IAS, monitoring and supervising accounting team.
• Accounts Receivable & Payable:
- Recording of payroll entries, posting month end advances, accruals, prepayments, depreciations and rental entries.
- Create and send invoices as per SLA and follow-ups on outstanding invoices.
- Make timely payments and collect receivables to manage cash-flows in an organized manner.
- Perform monthly reconciliations of bank statement, credit card statement and suppliers’ reconciliation including vendor aging.
- Supplier reconciliation statement with ledger, reconciliation of GST and WHT for the amount claimed, collected, deducted, and subsequently submitted in Government Treasury.
- Preparation of Debit and Credit vouchers, handling of petty-cash and reimbursement for daily petty expenses.
- Preparation of monthly summary of expenditures, funds transfer, and Inward/outward foreign remittances.
- Maintain schedule of fixed assets and depreciation.
- Preparation of monthly payroll and remuneration of over 134+ Staff.
- Process employees’ medical allowances & overtime, perquisites, bonuses and compensation, federal taxes and recording it in Peachtree accounting software.
- Dealing with local bank for timely payout of staff salaries.
- Submitting, and reporting employees monthly E.O.B.I. contribution and deposit cheques in Government treasury.
- As per ITO 2001, calculate and deduct W.H.Tax on Staff salaries and amount deposited in Government treasury.
- Prepare and finalizing monthly, quarterly & yearly statements of GST/SRB on services and supplies and e-filing of return using FBR IRIS.
- Prepare and collecting WHT on Staff taxable salaries and deposit it in Govt Treasury.
- Reporting & e-filing of Statements U/S 149 for tax deducted on Staff Salaries, and statements U/S 153 for tax deducted on services and supplies.
- Coordinating and liaising with external tax auditors and preparation of customized financial reports.
- Preparing of company annual tax returns, personal tax returns and wealth statements.
• Administration & HR Affairs:
- Looking after day-to-day administrative affairs and make possible arrangement for a smooth office operation. Supervise administrative staff and divide responsibilities to ensure performance.
- RFP and collecting quotation for required equipment’s while negotiating for the best price and also track stocks of office supplies to place orders when necessary.
- Scheduling and follow-ups with vendors to retain best possible office environment.
- Manage HR activities for hiring of new technical resources, Job posting on web portals, newspapers and social media. As per client’s requirement and profile.
- Short listing of candidates and schedule interview call of potential candidate.
- After hiring prepare complete skill set package of newly recruited staff, detailing his technical skills and professional experiences to match with our clients’ requirements.
- Managing in-house database software for HR related purpose. Sultan Tax Associates
Accountant cum Internal Auditor. Karachi, Pakistan – Apr 2002 – Jun 2009.
• Accountancy & Tax Associate:
- Recorded, maintained & bookkeeping of different companies and businesses to create financial reports & statements for Income tax purpose.
- Responsible for maintaining books of account of over 12 different companies.
- Maintain the accounts receivable, accounts payable, General ledgers, sub ledgers, Invoicing and vendor data.
- Used Quick book and Peachtree accounting software for maintaining books of account of above companies.
- Compiled supporting workpapers, prepared and submitted Income tax returns, estimated tax payments and other tax compliance documents of various Individuals, AOP and Companies.
- Prepared sales tax returns, wealth statement filing & withholding tax statements.
- Prepared of withholding tax challan & Sales tax challans.
- Performed gap analysis to identify tax issues and bring them to the attention of Senior Tax Associate and line manager.
- As per audit notification by Tax authorities, assisted companies to compile data in response to tax notices, and timely resolution of other tax controversy matters.
• Internal Accounts Audit
• Amlani Enterprises - A Marble Handicraft Manufacturer: Monthly audit of cash-book, books of accounts, production and wages payable, General Ledgers, account receivable/payable, suppliers and debtors accounts Ledger, vouchers, Cost of goods and raw material purchases. Export documentation and compliances.
• Usman Air Travel and Royal Air Travel – Travel Agencies. Audit of books of accounts, Cash and bank book, vouchers, reconciliation of bank accounts, bank ledger, cash transactions, Airline ticketing and refunds. Fortnightly airlines payments, Creditors and Debtors ledger, Ticket fare in compliance with IATA regulations.
• World Avionics – Travel and Tourism Agencies.
Audit of books of accounts, Cash and bank book, reconciliation of bank accounts, bank ledger, cash transactions & Vouchers, Costing of Tour packages, Airline ticketing and refunds. Fortnightly airlines payments, Creditors and Debtors ledger, Ticket fare in compliance with IATA regulations.
• Allibhai Motors & Honda Drive-In – Authorized Car Dealers and Workshop (3S). Audit of General Ledger accounts, Sales and Purchase Invoices, Job Order Cards, Ageing of Invoices, Cash and bank book, vouchers, reconciliation of bank accounts, Sub-let expenses, Creditors and Debtors ledger, Deduction of WHT on services and supplies US 153 of Invoices and Sales Tax INPUT and OUTPUT recorded – Monthly submission of taxes in Govt Treasury.
Khawtar Electronics LLC
Accountant. Dubai, UAE – Sept 1999 – Mar 2002.
Maintain books of accounts, General Ledger, record and maintain Sales & purchase registers, inventory, prepare regular stock reports, and prepare purchase orders, salary disbursement, cash and bank handling, Import and re-export documentation. Tashkent Electronics LLC
Accountant. Dubai, UAE – Aug 1993 – Dec 1998.
Record and Maintain GL accounting, vendors account management, maintain sales & purchases register, record short- and long-term payment, collection of receivables from market, prepare inventory stock reports, salary disbursement, day to day cash affairs and banking.
• Bachelor of Commerce University of Karachi 1992
• HSC (Science Group) National College 1988
• SSC (Science Group) Abbottabad Public School 1986 CERTIFICATE & TRAINING:
• MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) Oct 2002.
• PEACHTREE ACCOUNTING SOFTWARE Mar 2006.
• QUICKBOOKS June 2009.