Mays Landing, NJ
Email: email@example.com Cell: 609-***-**** LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/dennis-adams74 Highly proficient and versatile Systems Administrator with expert knowledge in Windows, Linux, and information security; dedicated to providing business continuity through system availability. Skilled controller of hardware, software, and security services for various sized businesses. IT professional accomplished in designing solutions to achieve software compatibility and streamline system upgrades and installations. Strategic and analytical thinker who achieves consistent results known for maintaining reliable and consistent uptime figures. Certifications and Skills
Cisco CCNA Certification Computer Systems Installation System Testing CompTIA Security+ Certification Network Security Management Data Backup CompTIA Network+ Certification System Upgrades Software Management CompTIA A+ Certification Performance Monitoring and Optimization VoIP Systems Telecom: Unified Contact Center Express (UCCX), Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM), Cisco Expressways, Calabrio, EFAX, Jabber
Citrix: Xenapp, Netscalers, WAF, GSLB
Backups: Rubrik, AVAMAR, Synology
Computer: VMWare, Pure, Nimble, Rackspace, Cisco UCS, Servers (Windows and Linux), O365 admin, Database Applications: SFTP, RSA Secure ID, AD Audit, Varonis, Netmotion, System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), Tenable
Network: CISCO switches/Routers/Fabric Interconnect, Fortinet Firewall Other: DHCP, DNS, AD, Certs
South Jersey Industries– Folsom, NJ Mar 2013 to Present Network Administrator II
Administer and oversee the implementation, organization, and troubleshooting of the network, hardware, and underlying communications protocols for a 750+ person publicly held energy services holding company.
• Monitor system upgrades, patches, services, hot fixes, and new configurations.
• Manage employee access, security roles and permissions using Active Directory.
• Determine and alleviate hardware, software, and networking issues.
• Support various operating systems and server technologies including Windows OS 2012, 2016, & 2019, Linux Redhat 7 & 8, and Oracle 7 & 8. Vast experience in VMware.
• Deliver high-level support and maintenance to hardware, software, and applications to maximize performance and reduce bottlenecks.
• Maintain and resolve issues with complex infrastructure through monitoring and troubleshooting. Experience with Solarwinds.
• Facilitate security, backup, and redundancy strategies to reduce threat of losing sensitive information permanently. Experience in AVAMAR and Rubrik.
• Design, implement and deploy infrastructure systems across company networks.
• Recommend solutions and handle systems issues for remote employees.
• Provide real-time support to everyday users of Citrix XenApp and Netscaler environments including GSLB and WAF.
• Telecom support for Cisco, CUCM, CUS and UCCX.
Digital Signature LLC – Mays Landing, NJ Mar 2013 to Dec 2018 Owner/Operator
Small business owner working with business and personal clients consulting, collaborating, and supporting their IT needs.
• Installed, maintained, and supported SIP and CTI applications.
• Documented repair processes and streamlined procedures for technical support actions.
• Disassembled computer systems to troubleshoot and resolve hardware issues.
• Removed malware and viruses from laptops and desktop systems using specialized software.
• Updated software versions with patches and new installations to close security loopholes and protect users.
• Observed system functionality and entered commands to test various areas of operations.
• Installed software updates and vulnerability patches on servers to prevent threats from penetrating networks,
• Provided support for end users.
• Drafted white papers, user manuals, implementation documentation and support base entries to reduce customer tickets and customer service expenses.
Vita Bella Pizza – Seaville, NJ Jan 2008 to Sep 2012 Business and Operations Manager
Managed day to day operations of family-owned Italian restaurant and pizzeria.
• Instructed cooks and workers in preparation, cooking, garnishing, and presentation of food.
• Monitored quality, presentation, and quantities of plated food across line.
• Trained kitchen workers on culinary techniques.
• Monitored kitchen area and staff to maintain overall safety and establish proper food handling techniques.
• Collaborated with staff to maximize customer satisfaction, streamline procedures, and improve profitability.
• Scheduled and directed staff in daily work assignments to maximize productivity.
• Optimized profits by controlling food, beverage, and labor costs daily.
• Managed accounts payable/receivable and payroll.
• Updated computer systems with new pricing and daily food specials.
• Performed opening and closing procedures.
• Managed processes for reservations, budgeting, and forecasting. Education
• Atlantic Cape Community College, Mays Landing NJ o Information Technology: A+ (Hardware and Software), Network+, Security+, and MCITP o CCNA Continuing education
• Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA o Computer Engineering Major
References Available Upon Request