Helen A. Medina
Saint Augustine FL 32092
904-***-**** Cell phone
OBJECTIVE To acquire a position with an established national banking firm where mutual interests can be benefited
• Corllins University, PhD (Doctorate)
Graduated with a Doctorate degree in Banking and Finance
• Corllins UniversityMasters of Business Administration (MBA)
Graduated with degree in Human Resources
• St. Joseph’s College Baccalaureate of Science (BS) degree
Graduated with Honors in Business Organizational Management
EXPERIENCE Carrington Mortgage 2013 – Underwriting Manager
•Examine, evaluate and underwrite all FHA, VA, 203K and USDA loans
•Assist, review and train staff on FHA
•Communicates required stipulations, resolve discrepancies and/or advise of loan status
• Responsible and had decision making authority for:
Assisting Sales, Underwriting, Processing and Closing with FHA Training and FHA Pre-Qualifications
• Packaging FHA files and assisting as needed, that loans are insured by the FHA in a timely manner.
• Assist in managing the pipeline of FHA files.
• Assist, as needed, in the underwriting of residential loans, reviewing information on mortgage loan documents to determine if borrower, property and loan conditions meet company, investor, and government standards, and escalating decisions on exceptions to the appropriate level for approval.
• Able to work with minimal supervision
• Knowledge of FHA underwriting, FHA connect and Fannie Mae DU guidelines
• Highly motivated as well as ability to work well in a team environment; Strong customer service skills; Excellent interpersonal, organizational and time management skills; Strong analytical skills and must be detail oriented; High level of professionalism
• Active CHUMS#, VA SAR, and thorough knowledge with FHA regulations and underwriting guidelines pertaining to FHA Secure along with extensive appraisal knowledge including FHA connection
• Fannie Mae Desktop Underwriter and Freddie Loan Prospector knowledge
• Ability to analyze and evaluate credit reports, financial statements, and tax returns.
Responsible for Quality Control defects, NOR/indemnification reviews and rebuttals
TD Bank 2012 RCL- Regional Consumer Lender
• Worked closely with all retail business partners to support money out sales and service efforts geared towards the financial needs of retail customers with an emphasis on excellence in service and the development/expansion of customer relationships.
• In collaboration with retail partners, developed a customer base of realtors, accountants, attorneys and other COI's that is strategically aligned with Money Out product offerings and which introduces and expands new customer relationships ensuring a high, positive public profile of the organization.
• Acted as a liaison between retail network and underwriting regarding credit appeal process, credit reviews and pricing issues
• Conducted training sessions (webinars, one-on-one coaching) in order to minimize errors and defects on loan products as well as introduce new products/parameters.
• Served as SME (subject matter expert) on government and conventional loan products and on policy interpretation
• Underwrite and structure more complex lending deals.
• Train and mentor all new lending team members positioning them for immediate impact and success. Provide ongoing support and guidance.
• Solid lending knowledge, along with persistence and creative problem solving skills has been instrumental in the booking of tens of millions of dollars in mortgages and consumer loans that would ultimately have been declined
• Train and deliver TD Bank's money out curriculum to the branch network; consisting of Mortgage Pro, Consumer Lending 101 & Consumer Loan Closing. Reputation as being the trainer of choice based on reviews from students for energetic training style and obvious passion for lending.
• Developed a multitude of Sales and Training Aids to assist branch staff with navigating and understanding the ever changing world of lending; to help foster their knowledge of lending products; to show how to effectively deliver and sell each product.
• Maintained service level agreements for decision times while consistently upholding bank and compliance lending standards
Bethpage Federal Credit Union 2009-2011
• Responsible for managing sales, member service and operations at a branch by having sound knowledge of processes.
• Manager is responsible for ensuring branch is in proof and security is adequate and measured to ensure a satisfactory branch audit.
• Accountable for maximizing branch profitability (including managing expenses), promoting Bethpage FCU’s positive image and achieving/exceeding corporate objectives and individual branch goals.
• Prepare, monitor and control budget/costs for branch.
• Develop, present and execute business plans to meet overall organizational objectives.
• Oversee the controls and processes of a Shared Service Center.
• Perform and oversee loan officer and member service activities. Loan Officer responsibilities include interviewing, approving, underwriting and loan disbursals
• Hire, train, develop, motivate, and coach staff in order to deliver extraordinary service.
• Grow, cultivate, and maintain business relationships including servicing and expansion of business banking members
• Write reports pertaining to branch performance/recommendations, employee performance appraisals in addition to performing other functions as required by the Vice President of Branch Administration & Business Services
JP Morgan CHASE Bank - VP/Branch Manager 2007- 2009
• Grow profits, lead people, and manage both the sales and service aspects of the customer experience
• As a Branch Manager responsible to use sales leadership, management excellence, and operational expertise to create an exceptional customer experience and grow the business within the branch network.
• In this key role, responsible for all functions and staff within the branch.
• Management skills are critical as the Branch Manager directly coaches and develops the Assistant Branch Manager(s), Personal Bankers, and Sales and Service Associates. Along with the Assistant Branch Manager(s), the Branch Manager also leads the Tellers in order to create a strong team environment.
• Develop and cultivate long-term business and consumer relationships to ensure branch sales growth and customer retention.
• Demonstrate Retail management and/or sales management experience in an environment with aggressive sales goals required
• Demonstrate leadership proficiency in sales, service and operations.
• Job experience with extensive customer contact, including building & maintaining customer relationships
• Proven track record of developing and coaching high performance sales and service teams
• Entrepreneurial business management orientation, sales planning, and strong team-building skills
• Strong probing, listening, analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills to effectively uncover and resolve complex customer and employee issues
• Extensive experience in denovo/new build branches to establish a new book of business in target market
Washington Mutual Bank - AVP, Senior Fulfillment Center Manager
• Leads the sales activities of all personnel within a branch, ensuring full utilization of the customer relationship management system to meet and exceed established sales goals.
• Manage operations and customer service activities within a branch, in delivering financial services products to current and potential consumer and business customers, while meeting established plans and ensuring regulatory compliance.
• Oversee and participate in development, expansion and management of consumer and business account relationships within a branch, concentrating efforts in meeting customer needs for financial service products, while ensuring full utilization of the customer relationship management system.
• Identify customers with additional profit potential and develop action plans to expand these relationships; utilize sales programs to acquire new relationships.
• Deliver business plan growth and income objectives; manage, coach and support branch employees on developing, managing and growing profitable customer relationships to support these efforts.
• Ensure the branch meets and exceeds established sales and revenue goals while keeping expenses minimized.
• Manage daily sales activities and ensure achievement of results for branch-based Financial Advisors and Insurance Sales Officers, as applicable (primary managerial responsibility remains within the Brokerage business).
• Participate in community organizations and activities to enhance the Company’s image and develop additional business and referral sources.
• Manage service levels against customer expectations; identify quality gaps and follow-up with action plans to address these.
• Resolve complex servicing problems, particularly for most profitable relationships.
• Ensure suitability of the branch environment for business and compliance monitoring is in place, including processes for management of operational risk, in accordance with Company and regulatory standards.
• Provide management direction to foster effective selection, development and reward of subordinates while contributing to initiatives in support of the Company’s Diversity programs
Golden First Bank / Mortgage Corp - VP of Operations 1994 to 2007
• Responsible for the coaching, training, and constantly evaluating the staff to ensure the highest levels of diligence and customer service levels
• Leading, managing and evaluating staff and ability to develop a strong team attitude within the operation
• Experience in setting up procedures and work flow and project management
• Strong understanding of the entire mortgage lending cycle times and the ability to identify opportunities for improving efficiency and quality
• Highly motivated to provide excellent customer service to both external and internal clients
• Ability to work in a high-volume, highly paced environment
• Provide leadership by directing all branch sales, service and business development strategies to ensure the branch achieves the desired sales results
• Motivate your team through individual and team feedback sessions that will ensure the successful development and performance of all team members in the areas of deposit growth, branch productivity, customer retention, customer cross-sell, and growing your customer base
• Demonstrate a high level of engagement within our communities and help maintain Bank’s commitment to community.
• Manage operational integrity and compliance for branch
• Responsible for the coordination of opening, processing and underwriting, closing, shipping, warehousing, secondary marketing, and quality control departments
• Presently a DE underwriter well versed with government FHA/VA guidelines; Strong underwriting background
• Certified contract underwriter with 3 PMI companies
• Accountable for all department heads - direct reports being the underwriting, processing, closing, shipping/warehousing supervisors
• Evaluated new lenders as they came on board to establish a sound foundation and to encourage new production
• Due diligence audits to purchase loan pool portfolios
• Responsible to responses to audits to cure agency concerns
• Coordinated annual audits from Fannie, Freddie and NYS Banking Department as well as with private lenders and agencies
• Responsible for hiring and training of staff
• Conduct weekly underwriting/processing meetings on new products and participated in the training of loan officer personnel for their education
• Conducted conference calls with lenders to familiarize them with guidelines
• Responsible for writing parameters on new upcoming products
• Coordinate secondary marketing pricing for bulk sales as well as individual commitments
• Extensive knowledge of automated underwriting systems such as Loan Prospector, Desktop Underwriter
• Knowledge of prime and sub prime products with ability to credit grade
• Responsible to procure new investors and implement adaptation procedures for current personnel
• Heavily involved in negotiations of master commitments with Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac
• Analyzed quality control data from existing servicing portfolio to ensure TQM (total quality management)
• Responsible for adherence of compliance issues including Regulation Z, Part 41, Section 32, high cost, Clayton reports, etc. of all loans
• Successful collaboration with cross-functional groups; sales, secondary, legal, technology, etc.
• Develop monthly/yearly production, profitability and quality goals P&L for branches
• Manage the exception tracking and maintenance of all loan exceptions on loan sales to investors. Possess ability to analyze errors on exception reports and QC reports to identify training, system and/or process issues to eliminate trends in production errors that result in un-saleable loans.
o Fluent in Greek and Spanish
o Licensed Series 6, Series 63, Accident Life and Health