JESSICA R. RING
CFS – Temporary Staffing Oct. 2022 - Present
Masonite, Walkerton, IN October 2020 – October 2022 Human Resource Specialist
• Daily updates and audits in Kronos Payroll timekeeping system for all hourly approx. 250 employees to complete bi-weekly submittal.
• Ensured job descriptions were up-to-date and compliant with all local, state and federal regulations.
• Organized and developed scanning system to updated employment e-files, departmental e-filing system, e-files correspondences, training and confidential records.
• Provided training (including new hire orientation) into employee Workday access.
• Managed onboarding new and rehired employees into Workday HRIS System, clearly communicated all resources and benefits.
• Investigated employee issues and conflicts, brought them to resolutions, liaison between employee and Supervisor during disciplinary actions.
• Overseen termination process; including dismissal and supplied additional ex-employee resources, produced termination paperwork, sending and retrieving exit surveys, and tracking effective dates, as appropriate.
• Ensure the organization’s compliance with local, state and federal regulation and company HR policies were applied consistently.
• Assisted in administrative functions of short-term disability claims and FMLA process with proper notification and filing of employee medical absence notices.
• Prepared information for distribution on company bulletin boards, keep employee communication current and created fun interactive team building projects.
• Greeted visitors and vendors to human resource department, answers questions or directs to the appropriate resource.
• Assisted employees with various needs (e.g., safety shoe reimbursements, refunds for glasses, address changes, tax exemptions, counseling and coaching and help with company’s tuition re-imbursement program for higher education level.
• Primary point of contact by screening and directing telephone calls, employees and Supervisors.
• Maintained and coordinated employee recognition programs.
• Contributed to team effectiveness by supporting in other areas when needed.
• Performed any other duties or participated in special projects as assigned by Human Resource Manager, Plant Manager and Supervisors.
• Daily, clear communication with corporate office in Tampa, Florida via Microsoft Teams.
• Exceptionally Proficient in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) *Adobe * Experience with time and attendance systems
(Kronos) * Experience with HRIS systems (Workday)
Cass Hudson, Elkhart, IN July 2016 – July 2020
Customer Service Specialist
• Accounts Receivable, receive payments, apply payments, balance using Epicor Software.
• Directly handled customer inquiries for two separate locations, Grand Rapids MI, and Livonia, MI.
• Provided product knowledge of caster assemblies; enter orders, purchase product, receive and ship product, inventory control, track orders, update customers, invoice.
• Developed tracking system for job responsibilities.
• Simplified communications by creating time saving correspondences internally and externally.
• Proficient in Epicor Accounting system and Microsoft Office. Resource Lighting, Chesapeake, VA August 2014 –July 2015 Operations Manager
• HR/Employee Development, Sales/Financial Reporting, Accounting, Software/IT and Equipment.
• Continually identify and implement best practices to maximize revenue generation.
• Streamline processes and effectively minimize hours of processes.
• Develop, document and report plans/strategies for defined objectives and executed to completion.
• Delegate actions to team members and outside service providers, while maintaining ownership of objectives.
• Developed process to bring in all outsourced payroll, IT and contracts in house for cost efficiency and security. Four Winds Casino Resort, New Buffalo, MI February 2007 - March 2014 Scheduling Coordinator
• Effectively scheduled up to 450 multi-skilled employees in a fast paced, customer focused, 24/7/365, environment.
• Directly managed clerical staff including hiring, orientation, training, and evaluations.
• Efficiently adjusted staffing levels based on fluctuating business demand impacted by seasonality, revenue trends, weather, local events, and in-house promotions to achieve optimal staffing levels.
• Organized the implementation and use of a scheduling software that accounted for hundreds of employees, with multiple configuration variables, across multiple properties, which produced labor work schedules that fully integrated across several departments.
• Accurately tracked, recorded, filed attendance, hours worked, and employee information to ensure adherence to company standards, policies, and procedures.
• Maintained superior internal customer service through fair and equitable schedules, ride-share accommodations, along with the coordination of ongoing employee needs, directed employees of non-routine questions to company resources. 57714 Olive Rd. South Bend, IN 46619 574-***-**** email@example.com www.linkedin.com/in/jessica-ring-440ab442
• Schedule/Coordinator/HR Generalist
• Keep trusted confidential information organized
• Internal and External Customer Relationships
• Orientate, Train and Supervise Personnel
• Clerical, Bookkeeping and Payroll
• Resourceful Problem-Solving
Four Winds Casino Resort, New Buffalo, MI
Human Resources Representative
• Feb 2007 – promoted to Table Games Scheduling Coordinator in Aug 2007
• Assisted the Employment Managers in all aspects of the employment functions
• Recruited, interviewed and hired/recommended staff members prior to grand opening, with over 2,500 open positions to fill.
• Conducted background and credit checks.
• Updated HRIS as required.
• Processed employment paperwork to initiate insurance, social security reporting, and payroll deductions. K'S Merchandise, Mishawaka, IN July 2004 - February 2007 Assistant District Manager
Promoted to corporate-level position during final 4 months of going-out of business to take on full responsibilities of assigned store. Human Resources Manager
• Recruited, screened, interviewed and hired personnel to maintain a staff of 100+ employees; tracked seasonal business fluctuations, turnover, and sales forecasts.
• Developed weekly/monthly schedules for all departments. Incorporated vacations, call-offs, FMLA, and policy procedures.
• Conducted new employee orientations and set up/maintained all personnel files.
• Enrolled new employees in insurance plans and benefit programs.
• Produced timekeeping and payroll reports for corporate HR. Rowe & Rowe Attorneys at Law, South Bend, IN May 2003 - July 2004 Billing Administrator
• Reviewed and documented attorney's transcriptions to verify and process billable hours and payments. Homes & Lifestyles Magazine, Osceola, IN August 2002 - April 2003 Type Setter
• Processed property descriptions for publication deadlines. Richmond Master Distributors, South Bend, IN October 1994 – June 2002 Clerical/Administrative
• Promoted to Human Resource Manager for acquired business during its assimilation & liquidation in Batavia, IL dba Rosario Candy
• Tracked and reported inventory, sales, and cash flow for regional distributor.
• Coordinated scheduled and unscheduled daily orders for route drivers.
• Processed credits, adjustments, and billing for 10,000+ active accounts. EDUCATION/SKILLS
HARRISON COLLEGE, Elkhart, IN (March 2014) School of Business, Associate of Applied Science Degree - Uncompleted Degree INDIANA UNIVERSITY, South Bend, IN IBM AS/400 Training, (1998) ONGOING WORKSHOPS & TRAINING: FOURWINDS CASINO, New Buffalo, MI- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, (Jan 2014) MS Excel Basis, Intermediate
& Advanced, (2012)- Leadership Series, (Aug 2010)
PROFICIENCY:MS Office 365 (Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word) Adobe Photoshop, Oracle, AS/400, and ADP/Timesaver, Oasis Software; Epicor Workday Kronos
CompTIA A+ -Certification Completion date March 2023. Professional References and letters of recommendations upon request