A highly qualified, results-oriented risk management professional with over 5 years of financial crimes experience. Top performer with ability to analyze and diagnose opportunities and intervention. Skilled at working in a fast paced team oriented environment utilizing excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills while effectively implementing business tools and processes in decisions made. Able to take on high levels of responsibility in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment by taking accountability for multiple assignments that require high attention to detail and accuracy with minimal supervision.
Areas of expertise include:
Team Building & Motivation
In pursuit of CFE
Policy & Procedure Development
Financial Services & Products
Advanced Microsoft Office skills
High-School Diploma (2008)
Lancaster High School, Lancaster, SC
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE & ACHIEVEMENTS
Accrue Partners July 2021-Present
Senior Fraud Investigator/Anti Money Laundering
• Manages day to day comprehensive review of fraud queues, including but not limited to, ACH transfers, chargeback disputes, document verification and bank required reporting
• Utilizes sound judgment and knowledge of financial investigative tools/techniques to establish an investigative plan.
• -Facilitates a strong relationship with our Customer Care team
• Conduct investigations of Fraud cases, documenting investigative findings, and determining whether the case should be escalated/referred for further review or action
• Understand and apply procedures, including procedural changes throughout the engagement, into the investigation
• Analyzing transactional data and conducting internal and external research on subjects using a variety of research tools
• Investigates customer activity for fraud; identifies potential trends and efficiently communicates findings to Fraud Operations
• -Initiated investigation by gathering facts and evidence; prepare investigative summaries that document findings while examining the current control environment; prepare suspicious activity reports; run appropriate database checks; conducted formal and informal subject interviews.
• Ensured significant investigative issues and/or trends are identified, escalated and acted upon through investigation reports and other escalation paths.
• Proficient knowledge of regulatory, reputational, operational, and legal risks encountered in course of investigations.
• Maintained relationships with key business partners, and ensures proper internal parties are engaged on investigations
• Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills, and provides consultation and guidance on investigative related issues to influence peers and outcomes
• Take ownership of each inquiry as the main point of contact and provide First Call Resolution when possible. For complex requests, take ownership of the Case that results in follow-up phone calls, processing, and proper documentation.
Fraud and Claims Operations Specialist II-IV 01/2017-10/2021
• Responds to and researches and resolves escalated inquiries and complaints requiring special handling and that may have been forwarded by management committee members, agencies, and/or senior business leaders
• Experience with international and/or domestic products and services including wire transfers and ACH
• Uses appropriate investigative techniques to quickly analyze information needed to determine liability & impact of each case, detect fraud patterns, trends and schemes in transactions, and mitigation of financial losses and/or business interruption.
• Responsible for effectively researching fraudulent customer account activity through both internal and external systems.
• Documents research findings and actions on cases for possible referrals for Suspicious Activity, Identity Theft Operations (ITO) and Suspected Financial Abuse.
• Experience with Lexis Nexis, OIB, World-Check, PREVENT, DAT, Hogan, SVP and Salesforce
• Provide feedback/coaching to co-workers on cases reviews thru escalated email bank
• Ability to work in a fast paced deadline driven environment
• Ability to handle complex issues and make risk based decisions independently
• Able to complete multiple projects in a timely manner while complying with system requirements and logging issues
• Conducted in depth research to identify and develop intelligence for cyber related financial crimes targeting the customer.
• Conduct review of Wire and ACH Fraud claims
• Able to identify and analyze data to isolate fraudulent activity
• Strong understanding of tools, techniques and procedures associated with online account takeover activity, payment card fraud, merchant and point of sale compromises, crypto currency, money mule networks, social engineering schemes and other fraud types.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Randstad - Columbia, SC
Customer Service/Fraud Intake Specialist
May 2016- January 2017
• Perform customer service and intake phone calls for members disputing suspicious transactions on their accounts.
• Ability to work in a fast paced deadline driven environment
• Ability to handle complex issues and provide adverse information in a clear concise manner
• Able to complete multiple projects in a timely manner.
• Communicate with fraud specialist to assist in documenting cases.
Duke Energy Carolinas- Charlotte, NC
Accounts Payable Representative 11/2015-05/2016
-Posted customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions.
-Verified accounts by reconciling transactions; investigating and resolving system and process discrepancies.
-Completed accounting transactions by verifying and correcting transaction information; scheduling and preparing transactions; posting to ledgers and journals; obtaining authorizations.
-Maintained historical records by preparing and filing documents.
-Accomplished accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
-Updated receivables by totaling unpaid invoices.
-Verified validity of account discrepancies by obtaining and investigating information from previous addresses, customer service departments, and from customers.
HIGHLIGHTS OF INTEGRITY
Organized, strong communication and research skills, self-motivated
Creative, resourceful, and thorough in completing any task
Independent and team player, great at multi-tasking, marketable
Energetic, hardworking, willing to learn and accepts constructive criticism
References upon request
ZSANEAL M. BENSON
436 Pin Oak Drive, Lexington, South Carolina, SC: HYPERLINK "email@example.com" firstname.lastname@example.org C: 803-***-****