909-***-**** email@example.com Chino, CA
SENIOR LEAN SIX SIGMA OPERATIONS LEADER
Highly disciplined logical visionary with the ability to drive operational excellence in by developing efficiency, culture change, and maintaining a holistic approach.
Change agent with a strong work ethic and ability to drive efficiency through team work, persistence, and building a strong relationship with cross-functional teams. Committed to inspiring and managing change through strategic planning and execution.
Lean thinker at heart with proven expertise in Lean Manufacturing principles, data driven decision making, and plant floor engagement.
Results driven with contributions that lead to increased sales and successful completion of cost reduction intiatives. TECHNICAL SKILLS
• Manufacturing/Operations Management
• Statistical/Analytical Skills
• Employee Coaching, Training & Development
• Inventory & Logistics Planning
• Problem Solving/Team Building Tools
• Microsoft Office Suite
• Mini Tab, KPI Management Software (Qlikview/SEI)
• ERP-WMS. Sage Enterprise, M/S Dynamics
• P&L Management
• cGMP Compliance
• Lean Six Sigma Methodology
• OEE -Overall Equipment Effectiveness)
• Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)
• Change Management
• Capital Expenditure Project Planning
• Time Management
• Multi-Site Management
• Project Management
• Facility Management
• Bilingual: English/Spanish
• Bachelor’s Degree, Business Management, University of Phoenix, Diamond Bar, CA
• Lean/Six Sigma Black Belt, California State Polytechnic College, Pomona, CA
• Lean/Six Sigma Green Belt, California State Polytechnic College, Pomona, CA
• DSS-Design for Six Sigma Certification, Aveta Solutions
• Lean Boot Camp, Georgia Tech
• OSHA 10 Hour Training General Industry Certification CAREER HIGHLIGHTS
• 15 years of experience in Operations Management using Lean Six Sigma Methodology.
• Managed over 300 employees: 3 shifts-production, compounding, and sanitization, warehouse, and facilities with a sustained monthly budget, creating and executing production strategy, initiatives, and efficiency goals.
• Coached and mentored senior leadership on Lean Six Sigma methodologies to support cost reduction strategies.
• Involved in all aspects of Operations from planning and scheduling through shipping to reduce customer delay rate from 25% to 5% in less than 6 months.
• Improved cycle counting process leading to increased inventory accuracy.
• Increased equipment utilization to support sales growth by reducing downtime. Director of Operations, PakLab, June 2020 to Present
• Responsible for Operations including Production, Manufacturing, Warehouse Operations, Continuous Improvement, Maintenance, and Facilities.
• Managed daily activity to meet KPI performance for Safety, Quality, On-Time delivery, Production, and Inventory.
• Responsible for identifying process improvement areas and resources to focus on OOE improvement, Labor variance reduction, and LSS/TPM activity.
• Re-enforced cGMP program to ensure all staff, including management followed established policies and procedures.
• Partnered with Human Resources to revamp old job descriptions to ensure clearly defined, value added roles were updated to clearly define employee expectations including deliverables.
• Developed organizational development plans for direct reports to align with company goals and values.
• Partnered with Quality to review and re-define Operation’s SOPs, streamlining non-value-added activity while remaining compliant with FDA regulations.
• Implemented Lean Manufacturing tools for daily operational use including basic PDCA forms for problem solving on shop floor.
• Engaged in cross-functional training, development, and production floor collaboration.
• Managed Cap-Ex for first semi-automated production line with positive ROI after 30 days. Held interim responsibility as Director of Customer Service – March 2021 to March 2022
• Manage the Customer Service and implemented solutions to drive continuous improvement.
• Responsible for delivering a weekly sales revenue of 2M by working with company’s customer base.
• Managed project implementation life cycle to improve relationship between R&D, Sales, and Operations.
• Worked to define adequate roles and responsibilities to ensure workload was balanced as the new process was implemented.
• Revamped broken processes within Customer Service to process, manufacture, and produce orders within expected lead times.
Responsible for Continuous Improvement Program
• Continued to develop a plant wide Lean Six Sigma Culture for both plants.
• Worked with executive team to develop program roll out, training, and implementation.
• Work with production team to develop and implement 5s on production floor, coach line leads on basic methodologies such as line balancing, standard work, and time studies to reduce labor variance costs.
• Work with Planning to improve on time delivery by streamlining product mix.
• Work with Project Management Program to reduce timelines from innovation to product launch.
• Work with Maintenance department to reduce downtime during startups by developing work instructions, one- point lessons, and implementing corrective actions for top 5 defects.
• Work with Customer Service to revise the order management cycle and streamline communication with Purchasing and Planning to meet on time delivery.
• Work with Warehouse to reduce clutter in aisles due to excess inventory by setting up a customer inventory returns program.
• Work with Quality to streamline processes that create downtime that effects on time delivery include inspections and testing process.
• Work with Human Resources to build training program to coach and develop teams. Areas covered include Lean Six Sigma methodologies.
Operations Manager, Champion Skyline Homes, July 2018 to May 2020
• Work with Plant Controller to perform in-depth analysis and directed LEAN, 5s, time studies, and Kanban initiatives to yield tangible improvement projects in areas that impact our operation’s bottom line, specifically, plant floor, labor, equipment, innovation, and Lean manufacturing practices.
• Drive cross-functional projects to address operational issues with labor, inventory, and or personnel. Reduced costly overtime at end of shift used for housekeeping. 50k in savings on the first year.
• Work with Human Resources to improve interview and onboarding process, training, evaluations, and follow up to ensure we are creating a positive and supporting culture. Increased employee retention by 30%.
• Oversaw the development and implementation of policies and procedures to improve attendance, safety/OSHA regulations, and preventative maintenance in the plant.
• Trained production floor supervisors on conducting time studies to identify cost reduction and re-design opportunities to reduce the bottlenecks on the production line.
• Worked with the warehouse team to reduce wasted time and motion in delivering materials to production floor with the focus on less travel on to the production floor.
• Implemented SQDCI (Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Inventory) tracking boards per department for daily communication to the plant floor on overall status, schedules, and action plans.
• Held Kaizen events over weekends and holiday shutdowns to revamp areas that needed upgrades or changes for improved product flow.
• Traveled to support other plants with training and continuous improvement initiatives to improve targeted efficiency goals.
Operations Manager, Williams Sonoma, July 2017 to June 2018
• Responsible for all Distribution Center Inventory metrics including inbound, outbound, picking, warehouse transfers, and all inventory.
• Conduct data analysis to search for root cause of high-cost inventory transactions using a combination of pivot tables, charts, and varied formulas.
• Developed process maps of current future state to drive improvement.
• Responsible for site’s inventory cycle count program.
• Brainstormed solutions for gaps in our process and worked with teams to implement improvements.
• Reconciled all inventory at end of each run to ensure no customer orders were missed. Operational Excellence Consultant, Skyline Homes, June 2016-June 2017
• Tasked with developing and implementing a plant wide Lean Six Sigma Culture as a pilot plant.
• Worked with executive team to develop program roll out, training, and implementation.
• Lead cost reduction initiatives to increase company bottom line.
• Project Management to ensure on time delivery of targeted improvements.
• Coach and mentor management team and floor supervisors on Lean Manufacturing best practices.
• Develop and implement Purchasing database to manage purchase orders and inventory.
• Hold 5s and Kaizen events to improve housekeeping and sustain it.
• Conduct time studies, use spaghetti diagrams and Value stream maps to improve efficiency. Manufacturing Manager, Diamond Wipes International, 2013 to June 2016 (held various roles)
• Tasked with developing and implementing a plant wide Lean Six Sigma Culture for both plants.
• Managed over 300 employees: 3-shifts production, compounding, and sanitization, with a 500k monthly budget, creating and executing production strategy, initiatives, and efficiency goals.
• Developed tools, training materials, and Lean Road Map to support management vision.
• Responsible for equipment downtime and OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness) tracking.
• Worked with cross-functional team to implement TPM on the production floor.
• Completed projects to reduce production costs, improved warehouse space, and reduced time in new product development. Introduced Kanban and VSM use to reduce downtime time in production.
• Worked on reducing scrap rates in material due to rework, over processing, and deviations to product specifications.
• Worked with planning and shipping teams to reduce shipping delay rate.
• Extensive data analysis using data feeds from ERP system for data driven decision making.
• Conducted training sessions where labor costs were affected by lack of knowledge of current business practices.
• Restructured floor racking to maximize bin usage/Revised cycle counting method to improve inventory accuracy.
• Reduced delay rate in e-commerce business and standardized the daily operation using process mapping to standardize process.
Business Efficiency Analyst, Jacuzzi Corporation, 2006 to 2013
• Supported company strategic initiatives and goals by understanding current conditions, applying lean strategies, PDCA problem solving, project management, value stream maps, tactical planning, and cost benefit analysis.
• Used data analysis and predictive analytics to make recommendations to management about findings and future action plans for cost reduction and product reliability improvements.
• Communicate with cross functional teams at all levels in a variety of process improvement projects to reduce waste in process and keep competitive margin.
• Worked with quality team to clearly define quality at the source throughout all areas of the plant.
• Worked with operations, logistics, and engineering teams to conduct product evaluations prior to launch to ensure proper CTQ’s (critical to quality) are found to meet voice of the customer.
• Project management from scope to final implementation. Aid in defining project scope, objectives, and improvement plans. Create and maintain project schedules, notes, and timelines by developing project plans and specification, estimating time requirements, monitoring milestone completion, and tracking all phases of the project lifecycle.