Deltona Fl. *****
• Extensive experience in 3D solid modeling and CNC programming.
• Many years of Mold Making and Mold Design experience, both Plastic and Die Casting.
• Experience operating numerous industrial machines used in machining.
• Expedited the building of Industrial Equipment and tooling for many industries.
• Industries supported: Automotive, Marine, Household, Medical, Recreational, Electronic Connectors
• Product and tooling design using both 2-D & 3-D programs and detailed shop drawings.
• Ability to do CNC programming in 2D & 3D
• Project Management and Process Management
• Industrial Machine and Tooling Design
• Ability to interact with customers and vendors to eliminate any possible problems.
• Excel in problem solving and designing new concepts to meet customer's needs and wants.
• Implemented latest CAD-CAM systems in shops that were previously only using manual machines.
• Trained existing employees on CAD-CAM systems and promoted them as they progressed.
• Have helped companies to grow and expand in both manufacturing capability and engineering capacity.
• Have redesigned plant floor layouts to improve work flow and productivity. Software Experience:
Autodesk Inventor 2021, Autocad Version 2017, Master Cam, Pro-Engineer, SolidWorks, Autodesk Vault 2017, M1 (MRP), SysPro (MRP),Virtual Gibbs, Cadkey, Surfcam, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Others Professional Experience:
Mechanical Design Engineer March 2022 – Present
Hernon Manufacturing, Sanford, Florida
Machine design for the bullet manufacturing industry and other customapplications using SolidWorks 2021.
Mechanical Design Engineer January 2019 – March 2022 Collins Manufacturing, Apopka, Florida
Engineering Support to CNC shop floor, assessing revision changes from customers and relating impact to the shop floor. Reviewing all jobs and signing off before they are issued to the shop floor. Providing additional drawings to the shop floor consisting of tooling, fixturing, assembly drawings, detailed drawings from LDD models, and others.
Mechanical Design Engineer November 2017 – November2018 Prime Global Group, Ormond Beach, Florida
Machine design for the winding and slitter industry using Inventor 2017 and Autocad 2017. Implementing M1 MRP software and upgrading Inventor and Vault. Mechanical Design Engineer August 2017 - November 2017 Giliberti Inc., Indiantown, Florida
Design of Electrical Service Vehicles using Inventor 2017 and Autocad 2017. Mechanical Design Engineer May 2016 - March 2017
Ross Mixers Inc., Port St. Lucie, Florida
Machine design for the industrial mixing industry using Inventor 2017 and Autocad 2017. Process Engineer January 2016 - May 2017
Avionics Engineering Consulting, Clearwater, Florida Managed machine shop and all process engineering of existing and new products. Mechanical Design Engineer / Engineering Manager December 2006 – September 2015 Farmer Mold & Machine Works, St. Petersburg, Florida Managed a 4-man Engineering department and was responsible for increasing production 200% by improving the quality and accuracy of all designs by upgrading to Inventor and Vault software. My responsibilities included interfacing with customer & vendors, process engineering, document management including change orders, bill of materials, and checking of all drawings before release to shop. Managed the design of an automatic machine that improved the customer’s production by 400%. Mechanical Design Engineer June 2004 - November 2006 Cyber Defense Systems Inc., St. Petersburg, Florida Designed prototype UAV’s using Inventor & Autocad Software. I was also in charge of procurement of outside machine work of prototype & short run production parts. Mechanical Design Engineer August 2001 – June 2004 Xtreme Energy Inc., St. Petersburg, Florida
Responsible engineering and process management by taking a miss-organized design engineering department, updating the software to 3D solid modeling managing a small machine shop and procurement of outside machine work of prototype & short run production parts. After 3 years this company went from a small startup motor company that failed in to previous attempts, to a company that was purchased for
$6,000,000 by a large motor manufacturing group.
Tooling Engineer / Manager October 2000 - July 2001 Ven-Tel Plastics Inc., Clearwater, Florida
Designed all new molds and major revisions, then expedited their completion. Translated CAD data to Virtual Gibbs and did the 3D programming for the CNC machines. Did all quoting, purchasing and scheduling.
Tooling Engineer / Manager June 1992 – October 2000 Instrument Transformers, Clearwater, Florida
Converted a production machine shop into a fully functional tool room. Purchased Master Cam and trained programmers to use it. Purchased 2 sinkers and l wire EDM machines. With my designing of new molds and utilizing the new equipment, the quality of the molds increased, while lead times were reduced and using less man- power.
Nassau Community College Uniondale, New York
Valley Stream Central High Valley Stream, New York Diploma: Mechanical Drafting