Sustainable Development Goals Champion & Contented Geek
P.O. Box 57952 (00200) Nairobi +254-***-***-*** email@example.com LIFE PHILOSOPHY
“Many people have results or reasons; decide where you stand, which one you will have” EXPERIENCE
HEALTH AND SAFETY OFFICER SHELL AND VIVO LUBRICANTS NOVEMBER 2018- CURRENTLY
· Ensure compliance to critical HSSE processes through the Asset Integrity-Process Safety Management process
· Collaborate with the SVLK Management team and VE Team to achieve the ISO 45001;2018 and 14001:2015 for SVLK
· Sharing on the performance planning and appraisal process for HSSE, including the collection and reporting of performance data in accordance with the Lubricants business requirements
· Lead the team towards a generative culture through TBTs, PI sharing and analyzing, Induction, Structured Safety Walks & Talk (SSW&T) and driving Health and safety level three meetings.
· Legal and statutory compliance by collaborating with external parties, relevant stakeholders and industry key players
· Manage and track waste disposal, fuel consumption as well as emissions to ensure it is done in a legal and environmentally friendly manner.
· Aiding VEK Coast HSSE Advisor in compliance to Transport HSSE standards for coast region – trucks inspections, driver toolbox meetings, ensure compliance to journey management.
· Isometrix PI Reporting from all LoBP operations and tracking of closure in Isometrix
· Supporting the line in HSSE reporting, investigation, classification, follow-up (Remedial Action Plan) and close out including data integrity in the HSSE systems required.
· Facilitating in incident investigations, including TRIPOD where appropriate
· Assisting the business to develop, track, and implement HSSE action plans in line with the business HSSE Key Focus Areas
· Reviewing and supporting Line Leaders to manage HSSE performance of contractors under operational control as well as influence those who are not under operational control.
· Maintain, develop, and assess HSSE aspects of contractor pre-qualification and tender specifications as well as Green-Banding to ensure they are within the HSSE Standards
· Conducting presentations that require review of the Management Systems and HSSE Performance monthly
· Assisting the line in preparing the annual HSSE Business Assurance letter as part of the overall Business Assurance Process.
· Providing Emergency Response Support. Be a part of the team that plans and Coordinates drill for emergencies including medical emergencies for the depot.
· Supporting and advising on safe execution of CAPEX projects with the right documentation like PTW, MOC, RAM, HEMP
· Lead and supporting the line in Hazard Effect Management Process HEMP, Health Risk Assessments HRA, HSE case documentation and other relevant HSSE topics Page 2
· Reporting Safety performance on weekly and monthly basis, agree corrective action plans with HSSE Manager and contribute to achievement of continuous improvement
· Contribute and promote environmental initiatives such as additional quality monitoring in the production and laboratory as well as lead in Green Solar project
· Custodian of the HSSE MS manual, Legal Register and new mapping with the ISO standards
· Facilitate training of staff through a look of their competency gaps as well as train contractors on Permit to Hold
· Currently part of tem involved In Environmental Social Governance enrolment as part of HSSE ACHIEVEMENTS
IMS integration where I collaborated with different participants to achieve ISO 14001:2015 and 45001:2018 for SVLK
Facilitating Covid-19 protocols by shaping a new approach according to the Government and business directive to work for the contractors and staff together with the HR team
Stakeholder participation in review of industry regulations by PIEA and EPRA
Aiding the team in-charge of the sanitizer project conduct the project, that was out of the normal operations, in a healthy and safe manner
Job shadowing the Quality and Production team to learn more about the manufacturing aspect of the business
Key driver in working with the security personnel to facilitate movement of staff within curfew hours
Oversaw the document control migration for the SVLK team, in line with the ISO clauses
Participated in the training and relaunching of ISOMETRIX Version 4
Coordinating HSSE events for entire Vivo Energy and Shell &Vivo Lubricants Kenya
Worked as a Project Management trainee and delivered 3 key successful projects
Currently involved as a Marine Ship Shore Officer trainee for the company HEALTH AND SAFETY OFFICER H YOUNG & COMPANY EAST AFRICA JULY 2016- CURRENTLY
· Coming up with the HSSE policy, practices and procedures for the Langata-Kibera and Eastleigh site that will govern the workers in safety responsibilities
· Enforcing the HSSE policy and procedures of the company through workers commitment and defining their HSSE responsibilities and goals defined by the company
· Conduct safety inspection of a site, carry out a Job Safety Analysis and Short Method Statement before work commences and sign out on the work permits during particularly risky or hazardous work situations
· Ensuring the monthly HIV awareness session for the site workers and Kenya Urban Roads Authority is conducted and monthly report sent to relevant stakeholders
· Analyzing the Safety Hierarchy of each activity and ensuring workers have the required Personal Protective Equipment and they are using them appropriately as a last result.
· Coming up, carrying and conducting the health and safety toolbox talks for the site, first aid and fire extinguishing trainings to the workers and follow up on recommendations made in the meetings.
· Ensuring the Environmental Regulations, FACTORIES Act and Occupational Health and Safety Act are implemented
· Listening and analyzing fully any grievances workers may have of unsafe activities and addressing them through the proper channels in the Isometrix system Page 3
· Ensuring housekeeping is done every morning and evening before commencing and leaving work respectively plus the warning tapes have been put in place
· Carrying out routine inspections and internal workplace audits to check compliance of work being performed with safe systems of work and follow-up on corrective actions
· Coordinate and participate in the investigation of incidents; review and analyze them in the Risk Assessment Matrix and implementing corrective action
· Maintaining the daily, weekly and quarterly reports through an efficient logging system to keep a track of the issues that crop up during work
· Attending the monthly stakeholders meeting to give progress of the health and safety commitment of the company and also what the KURA officials might require from the company Achievements
· Applying safety tactics at the S. by pass during heavy traffic
· Commissioning and decommissioning of work at Kibera safely despite the large human and vehicle traffic
· Launching TBT for the construction workers on site INTERN VIVO ENERGY KENYA OCTOBER 2015-JUNE 2016
· Ensured HSSE framework, policies and guidelines are upheld including its set of mandatory standards and manuals through Permit To Work every morning through inspections of work sites, fire water tank and fire terminal system and kept records of them
· Define and communicate HSSE responsibilities, goals and tasks for their staff and provide coaching to the supervisors to achieve them. I did this through training contracted staff in Gas test, confined space, Internal Audit, Safety day trainings.
· Kept records of all safety, health and security documentation and violation for the terminal and contracted drivers for ease of tracking and reporting monthly
· Undertook Monthly Key Performance Indicators for the staff, the monthly emissions of waste, fuel and energy used to compile reports monthly to provide information to section heads
· Underwent the HSSE Audit for Vivo Energy Kenya where I was instrumental in ensuring the HSSE Control Framework for the Mombasa Terminal were all relevant and up-to-date. We got the GOOD rating from the audit.
· Held the HSSE position for the HSSE Advisor, Mombasa Terminal for four months. During this period, I worked closely with management, inspectors, auditors, security personnel and section heads to brief them on matters relating to HSSE in the terminal
· Helped in conducting and ensuring that the safety day that was held in May 2016 for Vivo Energy was successful
· Ensured compliance and safety of the contracted VIVO trucks and drivers through the Safe-To-Operate checklists where I inspected the LPG, fuel-loading and lubricants trucks. We also conducted the Toolbox talks that were key to enable us to know what type of problems the contracted staff were passing through.
· Participated in the contracted truck 7-pillar Global Haulers Assessment Audits to ensure compliance in road safety according to Vivo Standards and Government Standards.
· Participated in oil drills and emergency response to improve on the weak links in terms of disaster preparedness.
OTHER POSITIONS HELD JUNE 2013-JUNE 2016
JANUARY 2015-JULY 2015: Environmental impact assessor Kingsway motors limited AUGUST 2014-DECEMBER 2014: Assistant project manager Sanivation limited JUNE 2013-AUGUST 2013: Compliance and enforcement attachee NEMA Page 4
Leadership and Management Skills: Part of the SVLK Management Team and was involved in Leadership meetings, Management Reviews, CAPEX Investment Proposals Auditing and Training Skills: Collaborated with different staff to conduct Internal Audits, External Supplier Audits, Training in Permit to Hold as well on HEMP practices Analytical and Organization Skills: Data mine information and have them presented and reported to the teams on the ground and management. In addition, taken part in organizing for Safety Day, Business meetings, Driver League, Engineering Contractor awards. EDUCATION
2021 Nairobi University Masters in Energy Management (enrolment)
2017 –2020 Varel Engineering International General Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health
2010 –2014 Egerton University BSc. Environmental Science
2009 Strathmore University ACCA Part 1B
2005-2008 Carmel Girls Secondary School Kenya Certificate of Secondary School (B+)
2010 Institute of Advanced Technology MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook
Lead Auditor for ISO 14001:2015 & 45001:2018
NEBOSH International General Certificate Certificate in International Supply Chain Systems
Certificate in Environment Impact Assessment. Registered Associate Expert.
Course in French at Alliance Françoise (Level 1)
Training and Awareness in Permit to Work, Marine training
Training and Awareness in Kaizen Techniques
Training and Awareness in Management of Change
Can be provided on request