GARY B. BAND
SALES MANAGER / DIRECTOR OF SALES / ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT Consultative Sales Business Development Relationship Management Strategic Planning Performance-driven professional with proven talent for exceeding goals, driving sales growth, and developing client relationships. History of designing creative solutions to promote sales, willingness to tackle difficult jobs, common sense approach to problem solving, and ability to influence customer decisions to maximize sales. Proven success expanding business lines and improving customer satisfaction. Strengths include ability to uncover opportunities, develop and implement sales strategies, and build long-standing business relationships.
• Awarded by Acura Corporation Bronze performance level in 2011 and 2012, for selling more than 100 new Acura vehicles each year; and awarded Silver performance level in 2013, for selling more than 110 new Acura vehicles.
• Recognized as #1 in gross profit sales 8 consecutive years, attaining quotas of 110% in 2008, 105% in 2007, 105% in 2006, 105% in 2005, 110% in 2004, 150% in 2003, and 120% in 2002.
• Awarded $500K project over five competitors because of knowledge level and proven response time. Developed long-standing, profitable relationship. Won back to back $500K projects in 2008.
• Earned stellar reputation in the industry, building and maintaining close relationships with key decision makers. RELATED SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
Sales Growth Relationship Building Goal Attainment
Territory Expansion Leadership Negotiations
Consultative Sales Customer Service Team Building & Training
Strategic Alliances Public Speaking Problem Solving PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
ELITE ACURA, Maple Shade, NJ 2021 – Present
AUTOMOBILE SALES PROFESSIONAL
Cultivate instant rapport, build and maintain client relationships to successfully sell new and pre-owned vehicles valued from $4K to $75K. Develop sales strategies and set challenging personal sales goals to ensure peak performance. Maximize sales by building relationships with prospective clients, promoting new products and communicating sales events. Utilize client-centric approach to assess client needs and demonstrate how product’s features, functions and benefits meet needs. Ensure optimal experience for each client from initial meeting through final delivery. Consistently monitor inventory levels and in-stock products. Remain abreast of cutting-edge and emerging industry trends.
• Consistently hold position as one of the dealership’s top-three salespersons each month
• Maximize profits for dealership by expertly structuring and restructuring finance deals.
• Ensure maximum profitability in each transaction by up-selling finance products. BMW – HOLMAN AUTOMOTIVE, Mount Laurel, NJ 2021–2022 CLIENT ADVISOR
Consistently held position as one of the dealership’s top-three salespersons each month. Page 2 Gary B. Band
OUTSELL, Southern & Central NJ 2020–2021
SALES TERRITORY MANAGER
Developed and managed relationships with key dealer contacts for customer data and engagement software platform. Overall responsibility for maintenance, retention and growth of assigned accounts. EDMUNDS.COM, Southern & Central NJ 2018–2020
B2B FIELD RELATIONSHIP MANAGER
Increase company sales, retain dealers, and use consultation techniques to improve dealer and company performance. Manage a set book of business that is generated by the field sellers, performing consultation meetings with current accounts. Analyze current dealer spend and determine products that will increase dealers’ current share of wallet. Utilize CRM data mapping tools to prioritize upsell opportunities and increase team efficiencies. Research dealer product usage and tailor retention visits to prove company’s value. Create customized and personalized content to train each new dealer.
• Achieved and exceeded monthly sales/renewal goals as set by management with a 96% retention rate month over month.
• Managed 75 dealer relationships to retain “core” business and expand an account’s product portfolio, conducting in- person "check-ins to dealer principals and general managers.
• Conducted consultative “Optimization Analysis” to dealers utilizing Google Analytics to identify areas to improve their product usage.
• Upsold products and services to current accounts to increase a dealer’s “share of wallet”.
• Onboarded new dealers by conducting Launch Trainings in-person at their locations.
• Updated relevant customer information including activity, funnel, opportunity updates, and maintenance of monthly goals with Salesforce.com.
DOMINION DEALER SPECIALTIES, Southern NJ & Philadelphia 2017–2018 REGIONAL SALES MANAGER
Deliver products that empower automotive dealers with the right solutions for their business challenges by providing customer relationship management (CRM) and dealer management system (DMS) tools. Create innovative process efficiencies with a suite of inventory management solutions for new and pre-owned vehicles by providing digital advertising; sourcing appraisal and pricing; reporting; and data distribution.
• Within first 90 days of employment, signed contract with large automotive group that included 7 stores.
• Consistently fostered relationships with automotive dealership senior leadership.
• Was recognized for having the most profit for 2 months in a row out of 11 seasoned sales managers, within the first 5 months with the company.
CARS.COM, GANNETT, Cherry Hill, NJ 2014–2017
DIGITAL SALES SPECIALIST
Provide the best digital market place to connect in-market buyers to dealers and inventory. Manage and maintain existing client relationships with report analysis and reviews with GMs and Internet Sales Managers. Research, collaborate and recommend digital marketing strategies to potential and existing clients utilizing features such as pay per click advertising; search engine optimization; and targeted email campaigns and social media outlets.
• Assigned largest clients delivering least amount of revenue and cultivated relationship to generate new sales opportunities to capture top revenue.
• In first year, Top Sales Performer in generating business with new clients.
• Utilized relationship selling techniques to maintain loyal clients. Page 3 Gary B. Band
ELITE ACURA, Maple Shade, NJ 2011–2014
AUTOMOBILE SALES PROFESSIONAL
• Delivered gross profit of $375K selling 175 new and pre-owned vehicles in 2013; $360K selling 165 new and pre- owned vehicles in 2012; and $350K selling 156 new and pre-owned vehicles in 2011.
• Consistently hold position as one of the dealership’s top-ranked salespersons each month; awarded Most Improved Salesperson in first 6 months of tenure with dealer. PREMIER OFFICE SOLUTIONS, Hatboro, PA – Account Executive March 2009–December 2009 COFCO OFFICE FURNISHINGS, Philadelphia, PA – Account Executive 1994–2009 EDUCATION
TEMPLE UNIVERSITY, Philadelphia, PA – Concentration in Education WESLEY COLLEGE, Dover, DE – Associates, Degree – Science