Los Angeles, CA 90041
Objective: To contribute my knowledge/skills and
continue to learn.
Education: Los Angeles City College, Glendale City College and Rio Hondo College:
Legal secretary, Paralegal courses
and Real estate courses.
June 2016- February 12, 2021 (Retired)Glendale/Burbank District Attorney’s Office
(Acting) Senior Legal Office Support Assistant/Legal Office Support Assistant II
600 E. Broadway, Rm. 280
Glendale, CA 91206
300 E. Olive, #215
Burbank, CA 91502
- Performed a wide range of legal secretarial duties.
- Assisted in the supervision of other legal clerical positions, including assigning and reviewing the
work, and assisting in the training or legal clerical staff.
- Processed various legal documents by preparing
forms with complete and accurate information
extracted from various sources, obtaining necessary signatures, attaching required addenda, and
ensuring the complete document is received by or
filled the appropriate parties within the statutory time limits.
- Typed form handwritten drafts, or verbal instruction various legal documents such as: complaints, police investigation reports, subpoenas, warrants, letters, memos and other documents as required.
- Obtained, by telephone or correspondence,
additional necessary information such as: CII rap
sheets, proof of a prior convictions, proof of
subpoena service, doctors and laboratory reports
and probation reports.
- Communicated with Deputy District Attorneys,
police/governmental agencies, court clerks,
witnesses and other County departments to obtain
and confirm or to arrange appointments, hearing,
- Maintained case status records and files by posting court dates to electronic databases or other media, calendars and file jackets; files cases prior to next court appearance dates or closes files.
- Screened and routed telephone calls; furnished
information to the public, attorneys, and authorized law enforcement personnel over the telephone, or
at a counter in accordance with established
departmental policies and procedures regarding the regarding the release of confidential information.
- Performed general office duties such as: filing, opening and distributing mail, compiling date for
reports, and keeping logs and date books.
August 6, 1990 – June 15, 2016
East Los Angeles District Attorney’s Office
Legal Office Support Assistant II
4848 E. Civic Center Way, Room 201C
Los Angeles, CA 90022
- Typed, generated various legal documents such as: felony and misdemeanor complaints for in custodies, bonds, citations and warrants.
- Accessed Rap sheets, CCHRS and DMV inquiries.
- Ordered priors, DMV records, and Subpoena Duces
- Issued subpoenas and prepare motions.
- Organized the daily calendar cases for the Deputy District Attorneys, pulling bench warrants and walk in cases for court.
- Processed DA rejects or further investigation cases.
- Assisted and interacted with the public, law
enforcement, court personnel, judicial agencies, co- workers and various government employees.
- Responsible for ordering supplies as needed.
- Maintained and inputted jury trial statistics.
- Acted a supervisor (Senior Losa) during her absence. Computer skills: MS word, MS Power Point, MS Excel and Outlook