An editor, scriptwriter, special educator, nature and animal communicator, canine nutritionist I AM
A communicator who is passionate about all things creative and use each form of art- music, dance, art, pottery and fashion to establish the true significance of communication MY WORK, MY PASSION
I have been writing for the past 20 years in areas of fashion, lifestyle, cinema and music. I have worked extensively as a Special Educator with Tamanna, a special school and formed my own centre PunarNava which focussed on children with learning disabilities. Most of my special students have been successfully integrated into normal schools.
* Diploma in Education of the physically and neurologically handicapped Spastics Society of Northern India, New Delhi. Have been working as a volunteer with the organization throughout school years.
* As a journalist with FEMINA magazine, I had the honour of writing independent indepth stories on achievers as well as exploring controversial, sensitive issues on adoption, the girl child and widow remarriage in India. Eventually I went on to manage the Delhi bureau.
* As a correspondent with the interior and décor magazine INSIDE OUTSIDE, I worked on the concept of a ‘home’ besides discovering a whole new world of nature.
* The WOMENS FEATURE SERVICE paved the way for writing with HINDUSTAN TIMES, TIMES OF INDIA and SUN on a variety of subjects including music, theatre, cinema, art and celebrities. ASIAN AGE, SUNDAY MIDDAY, BRIDE N HOME, SCREEN, SOCIETY and ELLE, were other publications where I wrote on lifestyle and fashion.
Contributed to the Pakistan bridal magazine BRIDES & YOU (Lahore)
* Assisted the Green Oscar winner, Wildlife filmmaker MIKE PANDEY. Worked on several documentaries, adfilms and scripts for television regarding the same.
* TARA PUNJABI Channel, senior scriptwriter. Responsible for commissioning of programmes as well as scripting most daily shows which included chat shows, dramas and documentaries.
* Worked for tv shows SA RE GA MA & CLOSE-UP ANTAKSHARI for ZEE channel. Handling the celebrity special episodes apart from scripting, designing sets and costumes was an enriching experience. I established the concept of research and script for a musical show.
* ZEE NEWS BULLETIN (morning) - Was part of the first team ever. I was reporting, scripting and editing entertainment and lifestyle stories. I also helped newsreaders with voice techniques.
* AIR FM, New Delhi – scripted shows that was based on scientific facts and interesting anecdotes on discoveries, inventions and was research based. The joy of weaving humour and music into the very informative show was extremely rewarding and challenging.
* NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC and DISCOVERY CHANNEL – scripted and translated films for niche audiences in both English and Hindi.
* Vipul Shah Productions – Wrote dialogues for daily soaps that were telecast on Sony TV.
* Editor for WEDDING AFFAIR, a niche bridal magazine. I brought in a number of different aspects to weddings which included the importance of folk art and folk music and the relevance of lyrics to weddings, the wealth of meaning each décor piece conveyed and why it was used. Wardrobe essentials post weddings and an insight into the emotional, physical and mental changes pre and post matrimony and how to cope.
Editor for RAVE, an art and music magazine. Initially a publication focussing only on western music, I incorporated indian music- classical to light, film music and introduced various facets of art from pottery and décor to acting and did individual pieces on artistes who have changed the way we look at art. This helped the publication gain both visibility and revenue.
* AMITY BUSINESS SCHOOL, NOIDA – Was part of the visiting faculty for Journalism. I introduced feature writing and the importance and relevance of Basic Communication skills which went on to become a subject.
* Scripted and conceptualized a three hour musical in collaboration with music director Sandeep Chowta which was performed with a hundred piece live Orchestra
* Worked on several projects connected with Special children, focussing on their rehabilitation with medical professionals, using art, music, dance and pottery as tools.
* Worked with Isha Foundation, Coimbatore.
Edited content and designed magazine covers.
* Have been working as a counsellor to parents of children with special children and young, troubled adults.
* Studied Animal and Nature Communication and work as a consulting Communicator with pet parents and nature lovers.
* I work at establishing communication as a skill to enhance all life, especially animal and plant life using fashion, music and art as the primary tools
* Canine Nutritionist, British College of Canine Studies. I create diet plans and supply customized meals to canines.
English, Hindi, Gurmukhi (Punjabi), Bengali, German INTERESTS
Music- Indian classical and light music vocalist, Indian classical dancer, photography, art, pottery MY STRENGTH
Strategizing, conceptualizing, strong communication skills. The ability to lead, a passion to perform, infusing the same in others. Contact Information: