FINANCE AND ACCOUNTING
Experienced Management Accountant, Reconciliations Manager, and Finance Assistant with a demonstrated history of working in the Financial Services industry, Non-Profit making Organisations, and the Educational Sector. Skilled in management accounts, bank reconciliations, statutory returns, fund accounting, grants management, corporate strategy formulation, payables management, receivables management, and audit and assurance services.
May 2021 – Present ICAP at Columbia University, Harare, Finance and Administration Assistant
• Processing ZIMRA returns, payments, and travel advance requests.
• Reviewing staff travel applications and acquittals.
• Reviewing payments, and checking if all supporting documents are authorized, and attached.
• Ensuring that all monthly documents are scanned and uploaded on OnBase for the New York office to review.
• Verifying vendor profile registration forms for accuracy and compliance with ICAP’s SOPs.
• Ensuring that all travel requests have been acquitted in accordance with the ICAP’s SOPs in terms of time and required documentation.
• Cash handling, disbursements, and maintenance of proper cash and bank controls.
• Handling Petty Cash and ensuring the limit, and receipts are appropriately filed.
• Management of Grants & Donor Funds, ensuring donor financial compliance, and policy adherence.
• Ensuring finance documents are properly, and systematically filled in accordance with ICAP standards.
• Preparation of bank and inter-organizational reconciliation statements.
• Procurement and logistics support, financial reporting, and audit assistance.
Present - Pending
Aug 2012 – July 2016
Bindura University of Science
Bachelor’s Honours Degree in
Accounting (2.1 or Upper Second
Advanced Excel and Data Analysis,
Customer Service Excellency,
Microsoft Navision Dynamics,
August 2019 – May 2021 Getbucks Microfinance Bank, Harare, Management Accountant (Jan 2021 – May 2021);
Reconciliations Manager (May 2020 – Dec 2020);
Reconciliations Supervisor (Nov 2019 – May 2020);
Reconciliations Associate (Aug 2019 – Nov 2019)
• Preparation and submission of monthly performance reports to the ALCO (Assets and Liability Committee),
• Analysing monthly performance results against historical information, budgets, and forecasts,
• Preparation of monthly financial reports and the audit file,
• Reviewing and posting monthly journal entries, including prepayments, and accruals.
• Preparation and submission of tax returns (PAYE, VAT, Withholding Tax, and Income Tax),
• Assisting external auditors with yearend audits,
• Ensuring that the bank’s balances on the bank statement and the balance sheet amounts are at par,
• Ensuring invoices are processed to both internal and external debtors,
• Reconciliation of RBZ transactions,
• Reconciliation of local and foreign creditors’ accounts,
• Reviewing and validating generated month-end reports and monthly cashflow forecasts,
• Monitoring Bureau De Change transactions reconciliations,
• Preparation and management of monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations,
• Designing internal control systems for reconciliation processes improvements,
• Monitoring all banking activities to detect irregularities, November 2017 – August 2019 ZB Financial Holdings, Harare, Accounts and Recons Assistant
August 2017 – November 2017 Zimbabwe Council of Churches (ZCC), Harare, Finance Assistant (Voluntary)
June 2016 – July 2017 Chartered Governance and Accountancy Institute in Zimbabwe, Finance & Administration Assistant
• Reduced ICAP Zimbabwe’s audit error rates from approximately 45% to 5% through implementing checklists and thorough reviews.
• Designed and developed the current reconciliation processes at Getbucks,
• Recovered approximately 60% of lost funds from clients at ZB Financial Holdings, these funds had been lost through clients’ daily transactional activities
• Recovered almost 80% of lost funds at Getbucks Microfinance Bank as well,
• Maintained a good reputation for both Getbucks and ZB by resolving customer errors timeously,
• Evaluated and designed proper filling systems for the Zimbabwe Council of Churches,
• Cleared intercompany balances at the Zimbabwe Council of Churches. REFERENCES
• ICAP at Columbia University; Contact: Tendevukai Chipfunde +263***-***-***; email@example.com
• Getbucks Microfinance; Contact: Gerard Mugani +263***-***-***; firstname.lastname@example.org
• ZB Financial Holdings; Contact: Panashe Chatora +263***-***-***; email@example.com
• ICSAZ; Contact: Lilian Pasara +263-**-***-****; firstname.lastname@example.org