MATTHEW E. HANCOCK
Self-motivated, dedicated, and disciplined leader with strong logistics background
Possess strong work ethic, goal oriented and a critical thinker
Extensive experience in the military prepared me for leadership roles which I am currently seeking
Microsoft Word Microsoft Excel
Microsoft PowerPoint Microsoft Access
United States Army
Commercial Truck Driver
JB Hunt Transportation August 2013 - Present
Intermodal Truck Driver
• Inspect and maintain vehicles to ensure mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working condition. Perform vehicle maintenance tasks, such as adding oil, fuel, or radiator fluid.
• Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions, following signals from loading crew. Check the vehicle and loading equipment to ensure they are properly positioned.
• Drive trucks to weigh stations before and after loading along the routes to document weights to comply with state regulations.
• Load and unload trucks, vans, or automobiles, inventory and inspect goods to be moved to determine quantities and conditions. Present bills and receipts for goods delivered or loaded.
• Works as fleet manager (part-time) as needed
• Report delays, accidents, or other traffic and transportation situations to bases or other vehicles, using telephones or mobile two-way radios, vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles.
• Manage and train new employees to follow policy and procedures of trucking.
Internship at DHL September – December 2016
Implemented new policies for attendance
Prepared safety stations
Hired team to pressure wash parking lot
Ordered supplies for fork lifts
Assist Safety Team to ensure building met OSHA code
Military Supply Sergeant February 2011- Present
Drill Sergeant February 2010 – April 2011
Implement operation policies and standards which include determining safety procedures for the handling of dangerous goods. Promote a safe working environment by conducting safety audits and safety meetings.
Plan, organized, and manage the work of subordinate staff to ensure the work is accomplished in a manner consistent with organizational requirements.
Responsible for the health, welfare, and training of 64 Soldier platoon
Manage property books for company size elements worth $2 million dollars. The equipment is issued to soldiers and civilians returning and deploying from war zone/overseas.
Conduct orientation/employee training sessions. Sessions discussed are hazardous material handling, quality improvement, and computer use.
Schedule and performs preventive maintenance on weapons and other sensitive items
Responsible for the request, receipt, issue, and accountability, of individual, organizational, and installation supplies.
Performs duties as a Drill Sergeant for Basic Combat Training (BCT) battery
Acts as a positive role model for all Initial Entry Training (IET) by portraying the seven ARMY values, lead and implement the new physical fitness training program.
TARRANT COUNTY COLLEGE - Associates Degree AAS LOGISTICS AND SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT 12/2016
CERTIFICATE IN LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT 10/2016
CERTIFICATE IN SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT 05/2016