Quality Assurance Inspection Technician - Teleflex
Olympia, WA 98502
Willing to relocate to: Olympia, WA - Tacoma, WA - Seattle, WA Work Experience
Quality Assurance Inspection Technician
Teleflex - Olive Branch, MS
2005 to Present
Problem Solving Ability • Perform incoming inspections from start to finish of medical devices: Instruments, First articles, Source Inspections, Visual inspections, and DHR
Process Improving Review of all documents for the quality department including first article and Mechanical Process Final inspection before shipping.
• Inspect to 100% accuracy- zero tolerance, document results, reading diagram /
Good Team Leadership Blue prints, validations, deviations, first articles, Identifying defects, investigating and analyzing non-conformance other quality records.
Excellent Attention to Detail
• Document inspection reports, log dimensions and tolerances in computer system,
Inventory Management reviewing of certifications (material, heat treat, etc.) for accuracy and Completeness.
QA Specialist/Inspector • Process nonconformance reports while working with Quality Engineer and
• Audit all necessary documentations from vendors, Certificate of Conformance,
Multitask/ Prioritize PO's, and Goods Receipts.
• Collaborate and interface with other departments: Quality Engineers and Shipping
Proficient & Accurate to evaluate deviations, technical complaints, investigations, and corrective actions
Training Facilitator to meet the objectives of the company.
• Proficient using measuring equipment and standard test gages: micrometers/
Good Decision maker 3point micrometer, protractors, Height gauges, optical comparators, and dial gauges, calipers, Instron, flex ruler, tappi chart, torque wrench and other testing equipment.
• Read diagrams and blueprints, verify purchased products from suppliers conform Cable Inspection Technician B
Sumitomo Electric Lightwave - Research Triangle Park, NC September 1995 to June 2005
1. Operated various production equipment used to test fiber optic cable. 2. Served as Cable Inspection A as needed with full supervisory responsibilities. Education
Wake Tech - Raleigh, NC
September 2005 to December 2005
B.S. in Industrial Technology
East Carolina University - Research Triangle Park, NC September 1978 to July 1983
• Microsoft Office (6 years)
• Adobe Photoshop (6 years)
• Agile (6 years)
• SAP (6 years)
• Excel (3 years)
• Blueprint Reading
• Quality Assurance
• Quality Inspection
• Quality Control
• Precision measuring instruments
• Equipment Repair
• Mechanical Knowledge
• Microsoft Word
Certifications and Licenses
Bio work Certificate
September 2005 to Present
Quality Inspection Certificate
June 2006 to Present
Fiber Optic Cable Certificate
March 1995 to Present