Objective To obtain a phlebotomy position within your organization giving back to the
community in a health-related field.
Experience 2007 – 2022 RETIRED Riverstone International School, Boise, ID Elementary School Principal
Responsible for the day-to-day running of the Elementary School: Pre-School – 5. Emphasis on developing and refining the budget for the school, teacher evaluations, scheduling, setting up special educational services for students, interviewing and recruiting faculty, overseeing academic programs and curriculum, resolving discipline issues, planning field trips, running faculty meetings, training staff and meeting with parents. Planned and implemented the Preschool dual language program for 3- and 4-year-olds. Helped to lead the school through its IBO authorization in December 2009 resulting in PYP Accreditation. Completed my CDL training to drive the school bus for field trips. Member of the ‘Head of School’ search committee for 2010. Acted as school nurse during my tenure administering both over the counter medication as well as prescription medication such as ADHD medication, diabetic insulin shots as required by both parents and health care officials. Maintained daily accurate documentation with regards to date, time given, and dosage of medications.
2005 – 2007 The Meadows School, Las Vegas, NV
Elementary School Teacher
Responsible for a full day kindergarten program with extensive, structured mathematics and language arts curriculum. The language program is a multi- sensory approach. The curriculum is enriched with the use of manipulative, art and craft activities and other teaching resources. A strong emphasis is placed on developing self-expression, self-esteem, moral education and citizenship. Involved in the testing process of new applicants to the school and selecting prospective students.
2000 – 2005 The Harker School, San Jose, CA
2nd Grade Teacher/Department Chair
Responsible for teaching a 2nd grade program with extensive, structured mathematic and language arts curriculum enriched with the use of manipulative and other teaching resources. Additional responsibilities include:
• Instructing social studies, handwriting, character development and math lab curriculum.
James Hamilton-Vail CPT
5298 N MARCLIFFE AVENUE
BOISE, ID 83704
• Substantial emphasis on integrating technology into the classroom using a variety of computer programs and the internet.
• Weekly updating of class web page, conducting teacher/parent conferences, computerized quarterly reports and comments.
• Planning and controlling the budget for the 2nd grade department focusing on teacher/department needs, professional development and ordering of textbooks.
• Evaluating and observing 2nd grade teachers and liaising with the school Principal.
• Academic Principal of Summer camp K – 3, interview and recruiting faculty, running academic program, resolving discipline issues, planning and updating curriculum, evaluating faculty, planning field trips, controlling budget, scheduling, running faculty meetings, training staff and meeting with parents. 1997 - 2000 The Harker School, San Jose, CA
Responsible for a full day kindergarten program with extensive, structured mathematics and language arts curriculum enriched with the use of manipulative and other teaching resources. A strong emphasis was placed on building opportunities for self-expression and self-esteem. Additional responsibilities included:
• Instructing and developing a science, social studies and health curriculum.
• Substantial emphasis on integrating technology into the classroom using Living Books, language arts and mathematics computer programs, and KidPix.
• Weekly updating of class web page, conducting teacher/parent conferences, computerized quarterly reports and comments, and coordinating a video conference with the kindergarten class from The Tamagawa School, Japan.
• Director of Summer Kinder camp, interview and recruit staff, running academic morning program, and afternoon activities, planning field trips, resolving discipline issues, planning and updating curriculum, running faculty meetings, meeting with parents.
1990 – 1997 Spratton Hall Prep School, Northampton, UK Primary Teacher
Responsible for a full day kindergarten program teaching language arts, math, science, music, and p.e. Additional responsibilities included:
§ Identifying individual special educational needs within the classroom
§ Planning and arranging music for holiday events and festivals
§ One of the original teachers involved in setting up the school technology department
§ Conducted in-service training in the use of computer equipment
§ Coaching after school computer club for middle school students 1988 – 1990 Milton Keynes Prep School, Milton Keynes, UK Head of Music/1st Grade Teacher
§ Writing of music curriculum for the school 3 – 13-year-olds
§ Teaching of music to children aged 3 – 13 years
§ Achieved accreditation from ‘School Inspectors’ for my work
§ General teaching duties to a 1st grade class
Education 1984 – 1987 Birmingham School of Music, Birmingham, UK
§ G.B.S.M/B.A in Music. (Graduate of Birmingham School of Music)
§ A.B.S.M. (Associate of Birmingham School of Music)
§ A.L.C.M. (Associate of the London College of Music)
§ L.T.C.L. (Licentiate of Trinity College London)
§ F.T.C.L (Fellowship of Trinity College London)
1987 – 1988 Leicester University, Northampton, UK
• P.G.C.E (Teaching Credential)
1993 – 1997 Sheffield University, Sheffield, UK
• M.Ed (Curriculum Planning and Assessment)
2020 Phlebotomy Training Specialists, Boise, USA
• Idaho Phlebotomy Technician Certification (ID-8447-69532)
• NHCO Phlebotomy Technician Certification (N22104951)
• Idaho CDL Driver License
• Completed CPR and First Aid training on a yearly basis Interests Reading, Swimming, Travel, Cooking, playing of musical instruments in local amateur groups.