Writer with a strong background in the theater both creatively and administratively. She is able to draw from her creative knowledge and apply it accordingly. She is looking to combine her creative and business skills and to take on leadership roles. Education:
Loyola University of Chicago
Bachelor of Arts 1995
Minor: Women's Studies with writing concentration
Nordstrom Los Angeles, CA 2007-2011
• Counter Manager for Advanced Skin care
• Managed business of high end skin care independently within Nordstrom
• Built and maintained a strong clientele
• Created new ideas for upcoming events.
• Achieved pacesetter for 2009 for achieving sales goal, reached by only top ten percent of employees.
About Face Theater Chicago, Il 2003-2004
• Development Intern
• Researched potential grant funders and effectively initiated the grant process
• Responsible for keeping theater donation records current with an emphasis on building stronger relationships with patrons
• assisted in annual fundraiser and successfully showcased the theater's future goals and past achievements, raising $100,000 for the theater. Storefront Theater Chicago,Il. 2001-2002
Drama Assistant to Donna Bluelockhorn
• Assisted with the Youth Theater Program guiding high school students through the production process of their own play
• Developed an after school curriculum for the 21st Century Artist & School Performance using fiction writing and journaling as a way to open up creative thinking and self expression. Presented to the teachers in the Chicago Public School system.
Skills and Continuing Education
Fiction and essay writer. Attending Columbia College as an MFA candidate for fiction writing and teaching.