Liane R. Hooker
Elkhart, In *6514
I am a bilingual graduate dedicated and focused individual who excels at prioritizing, completing multiple tasks simultaneously, and following through to achieve project goals. I am seeking the opportunity to apply my bilingual skills to become more pro cient working with a diverse community.
May 2018 -Present
Saint Joseph Health Systems, South Bend -Medical Receptionist
● Veri ed and entered charges, collected payments (e.g. co-pays), and balanced daily deposits.
● Obtained, veri ed, and entered patient information into Medical Practice Software
(e.g. NextGen, PowerChart mhin) and into the EMR insuring accuracy of all entries.
● Maintained knowledge and skills of front o ce operations in assisting with reception, medical records, scheduling, billing functions, while working with di erent insurances.
● Attended meetings to learn how to improve patient care, customer service, and communication with doctors, RN’s, and colleagues.
September 2017 - May 2018
Grifols, South Bend - Lead Phlebotomist
● Monitored donor and equipment to ensure health of donors and quality of product.
● Ensured the proper calibration and maintenance of autopheresis machines.
● Assisted in determining suitability of donors undergoing plasmapheresis prior to venipuncture.
● Trained new hires for phlebotomy according to policies and procedures. 2
● Frequently walked up to 8 hours a day, bending, squating, and lifting between 15lbs.-50lbs. stocking each machine with supplies. March 2016 - August 2017
OctaPharma, South Bend - Senior Medical Screener
● Registered new and current donors and conducted a series of screening procedures (e.g. Blood pressure, pulse, temperature, weight) to determine suitability for plasma donation.
● Maintained compliance with SOP, current Good Manufacturing Procedures (cGMP).
● Trained and provided leadership to new/existing employees.
● Performed nger sticks utilizing screening equipment to obtain hematocrit and protein readings.
● Performed clerical duties including creating and maintaining donor record les inputting donor information into donor management computer software (DMS). Education:
January 2011 - December 2018
Ivy Tech Community College, South Bend - AAS Healthcare Support. Certi cations:
May 2018, Ivy Tech Community College, South Bend- Technical Certiﬁcate in Healthcare Specialist.
July 2018, Ivy Tech Community College, South Bend- Alzheimer’s Association essentiALZ. Oct 25,2018, Ivy Tech Community College, South Bend- Certiﬁed Nurse Assistant. Awards:
May 03,2018, Ivy Tech Community College- The National Society of Leadership and Success Award.