Proficient in Quickbooks
Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook
D-tools and D-tools cloud, TriXo, Service Fusion, Slack, Service Titan Records Management (ARMA Filing)
Keyboarding (65 WPM)
10-Key Calculator (200 KSPM)
Bookkeeper/Payroll & Billing Specialist April 2016 – Present Integrated Media Systems, Ashburn, VA
● Process payments including payroll through Quickbooks, tax liabilities, sales tax, invoices for vendors and clients, bank, loan, and credit card reconciliations, bills, and process W-2’s and 1099’s.
● Monitor Rapid Response, Elk, & Telguard sites for security clients & send security monitoring agreement forms to clients, & monitor jobs by recording labor time and parts, record notes, and mark when completed.
● Perform office duties including making bank deposits, matching packing slips with vendor invoices & file, answering phones, order equipment, check in & label for jobs, & order office supplies, coordinate information to employees, update job calendars, run company errands.
Accounting Office Assistant July 2015 – March 2016 McGinty & Company, CPA, Vienna, VA
● Processed payroll for four businesses and paid vendor bills using programs like Quickbooks and Intuit Online Payroll Services; compiled and mailed payroll using FedEx.
● Performed duties like communicating with clients by taking their phone calls, making bank deposits, and scanning tax documents to organize in clients’ electronic files.
● Manipulated invoices using Excel to identify outstanding invoices. RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
HR Assistant Intern September 2015 – October 2015
Femme Comp Inc., Chantilly, VA
● Created electronic salary history sheets, signed timesheets for terminated employees, updated employee HR records using Excel worksheets, prepared correspondence related to incomplete timesheets, certified mailings for Medicare eligibility.
● Prepared holiday schedule, certified mailings for Medicare eligible employees, typed and printed referral letters, service award letters, and mailing labels. CHERYL COLVIN
521 Kingsley Rd SW, Vienna, VA 22180
● Researched employee personnel information for Deltek audits and I-9 audit. LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE
PTA President July 2007 – June 2008
Virginia Beach City Public Schools, Three Oaks Elementary School, Virginia Beach, VA
● Discussed and planned the budget and spending for the year.
● Planned and executed events throughout the duration of the year including fundraisers and school events, while also overseeing a variety of committees to assist with the events.
● Planned and executed monthly meetings and votes for PTA business items. Girl Scout Troop Leader 2007 – 2008
Girl Scouts of the USA, Virginia Beach, VA
● Planned the troop budget based on sales, fundraisers, and desired events.
● Planned events for the troop members to participate in and to help members earn badges.
● Held monthly meetings to discuss troop business. LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
Microsoft Office Specialists Certification February 2016 HONORS AND AWARDS
Volunteer of the Year, Three Oaks Elementary School April 2006 Team Leader Peer Recognition Award November 2015
Training Futures (Accredited by Northern VA Community College), Vienna, VA June 2015 - November 2015
Audited Career Studies Certificate in Business Information Technology