CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT FOCUS
Established myself as a business-focused construction project manager with proven success in coordinating construction services from development phases through certificates of occupancy. Experience includes a solid base of construction project management skills to include: planning, budgeting, team building, contracting, compliance, scheduling, material acquisition, safety, and inspection skills. CORE COMPETENCIES
• Working closely with clients, contractors, project managers, electrical and mechanical engineers, and other technical specialists; reviewing advanced scheduling and developing sub-contractor utilization strategies, and; supervising all contractual work.
• Leading project teams in the development / redevelopment efforts; expertise allows me to hire professionals who know how to shorten project completion times, eliminate errors that cause reworks, reduce production delays, reduce raw material / subcontractor costs.
• Able to assess in-process construction projects and recommend/implement procedures needed to increase efficiency, improve operations, maintain high quality control standards, and put projects back on track. PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
ARG CONSTRUCTION, Arlington, TN 6/18 - Present Project Manager Established a solid track record of personal and professional growth within this firm which specializes in commercial, residential new home and renovation construction. Responsible for all phases of construction, field investigation, site preparation, scheduling, material control, costing, construction methods/procedures and sub-contractor coordination. Have built a reputation for meeting deadlines and cost goals from planning through completion.
• Meet with new home owners to secure information necessary to ensure timely completion of projects, with mutual understanding among all parties involved, of changes to plans and costs.
• Supervise all phases of commercial/residential construction projects which involves:
- Project Estimating - Site Preparation - Materials Coordination
- Quality Control - Conducting Inspections - Meeting with Architects and Clients
• Use management, product training, and marketing initiatives to increase sales and profitability.
• Execute strong strategies that effectively increase sales, create loyalty, and retain customers. GEMSEAL PRODUCTS, Memphis, TN 6/17 - 6/18 Territory Sales Manager - TN, AR, MS, AL, MO & KY Recruited to serve in a high profile key account consulting role to spearhead business development with area contractors, architects, builders, and municipalities. Use professional sales skills to change customer's buying decision from price into a value-based decision where quality and service are priorities. Have strengthened client relationships which hedged competitor company's access to my clients business construction budgets.
• Increased marketshare by 30%; expanded account base, and consistently ranked as a top producer. TRANS LOGISTICS, CORP., Memphis, TN 8/16 - 6/17 Sales Manager Served as Trans Logistic's key account sales/service executive to spearhead contract services, account management, and business retention efforts with FedEx Ground. Worked closely with FedEx management to determine its logistical service needs and to set-up/manage reliable and time sensitive transportation services. Coordinated logistics and planning on a regional level of delivery/pickup operations. PORTER SALES, Little Rock, AR 3/10 - 4/16 Territory Sales Manager Recruited by this leading independent contract sales firm representing electrical commodities and lighting controls manufacturers in a high profile sales role to spearhead business development with area distributors and MRO repair providers throughout West Tennessee, North Mississippi, and East Arkansas. Prior Position: Sales Representative Leviton Manufacturing. EDUCATION
UNIVERSITY OF MEMPHIS, Memphis, TN
B.B.A. Sales & Marketing 5/96