Terry L. O’Brien
Phoenix, AZ 85021
Position Applying For: Product Engineer II
Position is for: Product Engineer, Relevant experience roles; Product Engineer 2 years, R&D Production Engineering Technician 10+ years, Journeyman Systems Technician IBEW Union 8+ years and HVAC Business Owner/Technician Service 11+ years.
Gogreenenvi LLC. Phoenix, AZ. HVAC and Appliance Services. 2010 – Present Owner/Engineer: Service Contractor for Home Warranty of America, Buyers Protection Group Home Warranty and Xceed Property Maintenance LLC (Nelco Corp. Mass Property Owners). Major Brand Air Conditioners:
Trane, York, Carrier, Gibson, Goodman, Ruud, Reem and York 90-ton Chiller systems. Major Brand Appliances:
Viking, Dacor, Thermador, Bosch, Kitchen aide, Fisher & Paykel, LG, GE, Amana, Hot Point, Asko, Frigidaire. Major Brand Walk-in Refrigerators and/Freezers:
Bally, Kopac, Hobart, GE, Custom built Semi-Hermetic Compressor systems. Hochisoki Ice Machines Performed accounting task management for service providers accounts payables, receiving and pending, insurance policy accounts, pay-pal, merchants warehouse account, vendor accounts and general operation accounts. including tracking replacement parts, costs and materials. Scheduled service calls and verified equipment coverage by serial numbers. Verified system condition and upkeep is in compliance to contract. Performed data collection analysis of system performance for cause and effect of failure, projected initial/final invoice repair costs with warranty company for service and cost approval. Completed specialized corrective action techniques and methods for refrigeration compliance (acid contamination testing), replacing parts, and final performance alignments; like temperature, pressure and air velocities. Clean-up and photograph system on initial contact and final repair to ensure customer is satisfaction on performance. Performed daily record keeping methods on work performance, failure analysis, course of repair and final status, submit complete comprehensive invoice and reports to home warranty providers. Ensured quarterly taxes up to date... Continental Industry, Mesa, AZ Product Engineer 2001 - 2003 Performed Thermal Analysis on Solid State Relay Switches, calculated operating load-lines, graphs and charts for Brochures and Company Sales Manual. Performed thermal analysis data collection methods using computer automated Kiethly 7600 series Test Laboratory Suite; Example: Plotting Data By; Type #, Control Voltage Range [Vdc] 4-15, Minimum Turn-On Voltage [Vdc] 4, Must Turn-Off Voltage [Vdc] 1, Minimum Input Current (for on-state) [mA] 7.5, Maximum Input Current [mA] 34, Nominal Input Impedance [Ohms] 500, 1/2 Cycle, Maximum Turn-On Time [msec] (2), Maximum Turn-Off Time [msec], 84140x1x, 17-32, 17, 1, 13, 24, 1500 types, environmental -40 to 80 C, -40 to 00 C, Input to Output Isolation, Input to Output Capacitance, Operation Frequency, Input-Output to Ground Isolation, Ambient Operating Temperature Range, Housing Material UL94 V-0
Performed Engineering changes, notices and registered new diagrams, schematics or blueprints into Document Control Room registering new revision levels Verify PCB design Specifications meet Underwriters Laboratory Specification, including Mil-Spec standards specifications are in compliance, verified best mechanical layout, trace thickness, creepage, clearance, position. Altitude environmental thermal characteristics testing at -50 & +80 degrees C, various air quality characteristic using Underwriters Laboratory Specifications. Verified ISO 9000/9001 assembly and test procedures are in compliance to engineering specification, . Registered upgraded ISO procedures into Document Control Room. Performed finding faster innovative ways to complete a process without having cause or effect failures. Train Production assemblers to integrate new procedure into production. Performed production line data collection techniques, data analysis for failures at component level to identify the failure, Presented reports and communicate with engineering group failure and course of corrective action, on approval of presentational findings perform the corrective action, monitor new production process for any cause or effect failures, register upgraded documentation into Documentation Control Room. Leach International, Buena Park, CA R&D Production Engineering Technician 1997 – 1999 Designed/prototype/develop automated test systems and fixtures. Developed computer automated programmable relay power distribution systems for the Canadian Airlines Global Express Corporate Jets. Develop ISO9000/9001 alignment, calibration and test procedures to comply with engineering specifications. Implemented Beta systems test process: monitoring performance data output for specification compliance. Performed Engineering Change Notices, red-lined engineering schematics, diagrams or blueprints, registered the latest revision documents into Documentation Control Room. Trained technician final systems test procedure, data collection techniques, data analysis, troubleshooting using relevant test equipment, procure parts from inventory for repair, environmental testing, reliability vibration and/or velocity ‘g’ testing, burn- in testing, transfer of documentation and system into Quality Control Department for final quality control inspection. Performed production final systems testing on computer automated programmable relay power distribution system interfaced to Orbiton 3phase lo volt/hi current (.7vrms & 3000amp/phase) power sources. Prototyped 18 of 36 PCB test fixtures for the 9 power modules. Troubleshoot and repair production computer automated with Keithely 7600 series test system for commercial relay test systems and PLC commercial relay test systems. Designed electronic circuits for system compliance using National Instruments Engineering Design and Instrument Software Suite. Performed daily record keeping methods on work performance, failure analysis, course of repair and end of shift status, present a weekly report from daily record keeping log. Ball Aerospace Efratom Division, Irvine, CA. R&D Production Engineer Technician 1990 - 1996 Designed/prototype/develop M2000, M1000, FRK, FRS, LCRO atomic rubidium oscillator computer automated test systems, fixtures and GPS Satellite Ground Synchronization System. Performed Engineering changes for circuit compliance to specification, Engineering Change Notices, red-lined engineering schematics, diagrams or blueprints, registered the latest revision documents into Documentation Control Room. Trained technicians final systems test ISO9000/9001 test procedure, data collection techniques, data analysis, troubleshooting using relevant test equipment, to procure parts from inventory for repair, environmental testing, reliability vibration and/or velocity ‘g’ testing, burn-in testing, transfer of documentation and system into Quality Control Department for final quality control inspection. Troubleshoot production line failures for line engineers. Maintain calibration schedule for test equipment and fixtures. Supervised a team of R & D production technicians calibration schedule. Performed daily record keeping methods on work performance, failure analysis, course of repair and end of shift status, present a weekly report from daily record keeping log. Lukens Steel Corporation, Coatesville, PA Industrial Electronics Tech. 1988 - 1989 Troubleshoot 14kv 3 phase power distribution systems for plant complex buildings, General Electric static vars, GE 440vac to 400vdc at 5000 amp per phase rectifier systems, induction melt furnaces and instrumentation. Performed calibration, PM, and troubleshoot GE 25kw drive for main roller mill and instrumentation. Performed trouble shooting and repair of LINDE and E- SAAB CNC Submerged Plasma Arc cutting systems and LINDE 400vdc 600amp power packs. Repair J-Governors. Perform alignments and calibration of Tele-motive analog and digital rf remote control systems for trains and cranes. Troubleshoot automated PLC hydraulic ingot grinders. Troubleshoot Bradley, Gould and custom PLC Controllers using ladder logic. Troubleshoot Supervisory Control Room Communication System, instrumentation and communication modems controlling high voltage 3 phase power distribution systems located throughout plant complex. Perform instrumentation calibration and repair. Troubleshoot CCTV monitoring security systems. This job required an FCC license to perform rf alignments and calibrations for the Tele-motive Remote Control Systems to ensure safe operation. Performed daily record keeping methods on work performance, failure analysis, course of repair and end of shift status, present a weekly report from daily record keeping log. AT&T Micro-Electronic, Allentown, PA. Journeyman Systems Technician (IBEW). 1981 - 1988 Journeyman systems technician in BIPOLAR and CMOS departments. Responsible for troubleshooting Tejada Riken 3340 Microprocessor test systems, Teradyne 385/386/389 Memory test system, Fair-Child system 5/7 Bi-Polar test system and LTX Corporation Linear test system. Perform system troubleshooting for Robotic Material Handler Electro-glass wafer probers, Teledyne Laser Wafer Burning Systems, Micro Component Technology material handlers, LFE leadless chip carriers, Symtec leadless chip carriers. Performed 370/168 30xx (3031/3032/3033) water-cooled processor complex system and channel director calibration, test and reliability procedures in the production environment. Developed 370/168 machine language instruction set loop code for troubleshooting the system to the component level. Made field trips to assist field engineers when critical updates were installed to ensure minimal system downtime. Performed daily record keeping methods on work performance, failure analysis, course of repair and end of shift status, present a weekly report from daily record keeping log. IBM Corp., Kingston, NY. Final Systems Test Technician (IBEW). 1979-1981 Performed final systems testing following comprehensive procedures, Program 370/168 machine language instruction set loop code for troubleshooting the system to the component level. Performed Power Supply Bias, Reliability & Vibration testing. Utilized Channel Director I/O Simulation Cart for testing channel functional performance. Made field trips to assist field engineers when critical updates were installed to ensure minimal system downtime. Performed daily record keeping methods on work performance, failure analysis, course of repair and end of shift status, present a weekly report from daily record keeping log. Education:
Rio Salado Online, Tempe, Az Organizational Management 2011 to current Completed about 45 Credits and need some core classes to complete the degree. Pima Community College, Tucson, Az Advanced Building Technology 2006 – 2010 Computer Technology, Environment Technology, HVAC Technology, Automotive Technology accumulated 96 credits. Licenses: EPA license, Universal Technician license, 7 Professional certifications from ESCO Institute, Department of Environmental Quality Waste Water Treatment Plant Operator License, ASE Certifications in Engine performance and electrical, General Federal Communication License for Radio/Telephone Operator. Lincoln Technical Institute, Allentown, PA. A.S. Specialized Electronics Technology. 1976-1979 Studied Specialized Electronic Communication Technology. License: Federal Communication Commission Generals Radio Operators License. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• • Experienced Product Engineer, R&D Engineering Technician II, Production Technician:
• Work efficiently from ISO or Military specifications, standards and procedures.
• Operates complex test equipment and data collection analytical tools, processes and determines best course of cause or effect failure correction action.
• Retest Unit for possible corrective action failures that may be introduced.
• Multi-tasked responsibilities include preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, standard and non-standard processing and problem-solving.
• Works efficiently and effectively within brainstorm teams solving complex system, production and/or quality performance issues.
• Perform routine maintenance task operations supporting production test, environmental testing, product burn-in test areas to ensure equipment is calibrated on required scheduled dates,
• Support communications with engineering and quality departments for specific technical issues for possible correction action. utilizing brainstorm teams.
• Work efficiently from standard ISO or Military specifications and procedures.
• Ability to utilize Microsoft applications for data collection, charting, graphing and generating reports supporting the production test department.
• Communicate with production management supporting 'any' requests or directives to meet department emergency or non-emergency issues with dedication, honesty, efficiency and assurance to meet expectations.
• Designed/prototype/develop production automated test systems and fixtures.
• Performed engineering design changes, implemented design changes, performed data collection and analysis, tested design changes verify no cause or effects failures impacted the system performance.
• Red-lined diagrams, schematics or blueprint documentation. and registered upgraded documentation into document control.
• Developed ISO9000/9001 alignment, calibration, production test, environmental and vibration test procedures.
• Trained production technicians new test procedures and application of new test fixtures.
• Programming applications in C, C++, Visual Basic, HTML5, CSS, Java Script, PHP and assembly languages.
• Experience with lo/hi frequency spectrum analyzers, digital data storage scopes, oscilloscopes, frequency generators, DDMs, temperature probes, frequency counters and tracking, amp clamps, environmental chambers, power supplies, vacuum pumps, refrigerant recovery machine, refrigerant pressure/temperature gauge,, welding, brazing, soldering, conduit bending, NEC electrical code, OSHA standards, Hi-Voltage Probes, a complete knowledge of analog/digital circuits and program loop controllers by Bradley and Gould.
• Self-starter deadline-oriented, uses time effectively, communicates effectively orally and in writing, focused on attention to detail and produces error-free work. Performed finding faster innovative ways to complete a process without having cause or effect failures.
• Work Performance toward finding innovative faster ways to accomplish tasks, work with minimal supervision, perform independently and participates in teams with a professional positive attitude, demeanor and appearance.
• Demonstrate a positive attitude, while able to adapt to a dynamic environment completing projects consistently on time with a high degree of integrity.
• Perform communication amongst peers with a professional, positive demeanor, attitude and appearance.
• Perform Duties as assigned by supervisor at any capacity as needed.
• Performed daily record keeping methods on work performance, failure analysis, course of repair and end of shift status, present a weekly report from daily record keeping log.
• Ability to generate or read electronic/electrical/mechanical/pneumatics diagrams and schematics..
• Develop ISO9000/90001 alignment, test and calibration procedures for production environment, plus meet daily work schedules, ensures work is completed in a timely, cost effective manner focused on r Satisfaction to attain rating of; meets or exceeds expectations. .
• Ability to take field measurements and provide diagrams for Manufacturing Engineering in coordination of movement and layout of production machinery according to plan.
• Ability to perform maintenance and installation work to keep equipment and facilities properly maintained to reduce downtime and ensure a safe, clean, work environment.
• Procure hardware and spare parts to maintain and repair machinery to standards, practices, and methods.
• Understand the implications of not conforming to QMS requirements, Develop Preventative Maintenance Procedures and sufficient records to support the Preventative Maintenance Program. Understand the implications of not conforming to QMS requirements. Monitor operating effectiveness and maintenance of QMS requirements
• Work performance included Hazardous Materials: OSHA’S HAZARD COMMUNICATION STANDARD, under OSHA 29 CFR standards and is meant for employers and employees who work with or are exposed to hazardous waste materials. This includes the storage, treatment, handling, and disposal of those substances. OSHA’s Haz-com standard is designed to ensure both employers and employees are protected from chemical exposure and the conditions it can cause. It does this by providing relevant information that can help them analyze, determine, forecast, and control chemical hazards and take appropriate actions against them. This data is provided through a SDS, or Safety Data Sheet, along with appropriate training and labels. The information in the sheets must be accurate and complete to meet safety compliances. This includes information about hazards that are the result of specific chemicals. Exposure to hazardous chemicals and substances can lead to a wide range of conditions that can either be acute or chronic depending on severity. These range from mild to severe skin irritation, chemical burns, sensitization, and other conditions that can prove fatal. In addition, the release of these hazardous chemicals can cause fires or explosions that can damage property and cause serious injuries. According to OSHA, employers are responsible for ensuring that their workers have the resources and knowledge they need to prevent accidents/injuries.